Universal Plaza | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Plaza

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still seems a little surprising, no? Especially since it's so new. Again, not that I'll miss it, the menu became a bit too generic compared to what it was in 2013. Panda Express, Cinnabon, and Starbucks will now be the only licensed eateries, yes?

Reactions: Zacharygof
Welp, goodbye chili cheese fries. I guess since I will have clogged my arteries in Springfield it isn't so bad. I hope they'll still be able to sell some good chili cheese fries as that's what I'll miss about it.

Not that anyone cares, but.....500 posts!

I heard from a team member that the reason that Pink's is leaving is that the owner of pink's isn't satisfied with the menu. its very limited and doesn't have the owners favorite hotdog on the menu.

Bye Bye Pink's. Hello Plaza Grill.

DSCN1055.jpg

This is not a big loss because the Pink's in CityWalk is still open.

Not a true loss whatsoever considering Pink's was changed beyond recognition months ago and wasn't worth keeping. THAT'S when it was a loss, such a pity. It'd be nice to see Plaza Grill update its menu slightly in the future.

Universal's character party/parade has officially ended, while the Fast & Furious Pit Crew takes its place.

Well, Fast & Furious was last year's seasonal entertainment. For the summer of 2017, does anyone know if there will be any entertainment in the Plaza? It seems unlikely that the Fast & Furious shows from last summer--either the Pit Crew Dancers or Furious Beat/Tapworx--would return. Would that leave an opportunity for the Character Party to return? Or maybe something new? I hope they do *something* in the plaza and not just be satisfied with the opening of Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the upcoming The Walking Dead attraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Fast & Furious was last year's seasonal entertainment. For the summer of 2017, does anyone know if there will be any entertainment in the Plaza? It seems unlikely that the Fast & Furious shows from last summer--either the Pit Crew Dancers or Furious Beat/Tapworx--would return. Would that leave an opportunity for the Character Party to return? Or maybe something new? I hope they do *something* in the plaza and not just be satisfied with the opening of Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the upcoming The Walking Dead attraction.

Maybe a knockoff of Mad T Party and call it "Pets Party"? That's the best I can come up with. 

Yeah, I could see a tie-in with SLoP or a return of the Character Party. I can't see them introducing SLoP meet-and-greet characters, though, so I don't know how that would work.

I'm glad you all realized I meant this summer, 2016, and not next summer with your replies.  :)

I do hope a character party of some sort returns or something related to The Secret Life of Pets comes to fruition.

Reactions: William