Universal Plaza | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Plaza

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sooooo we know something is happening here. The full LNY event was cancelled, and I recall a user here saying it'd be gone for a few months for something slightly bigger than a refurb and that Creative was involved. Curious to see what, if anything, comes of it!
It's gotta be a show of some sort. Doubt it will be the smaller AA we thought it would be, but I'm confident it will be a stage of some sort to hold shows. It would also be the answer to the missing show venue that HHN needs this year.

It's gotta be a show of some sort. Doubt it will be the smaller AA we thought it would be, but I'm confident it will be a stage of some sort to hold shows. It would also be the answer to the missing show venue that HHN needs this year.
New USH job posting calls for someone to provide bi-weekly updates for the "Universal Amphitheater." Given that that venue has not exited for almost 10 years and hasn't been called that in 18, I think we have our answer for what's coming! The question is, other than seasonal events, what can be staged here?

New USH job posting calls for someone to provide bi-weekly updates for the "Universal Amphitheater." Given that that venue has not exited for almost 10 years and hasn't been called that in 18, I think we have our answer for what's coming! The question is, other than seasonal events, what can be staged here?
If it was a smaller animal show, I feel like we would've heard or seen something regarding an animal trainers. I overheard one of the trainers after the final performance for AA say that he's moving out of state since there's no more work for him at the park for his position (Which sucks and I wish him nothing but the absolute best for him!).

If I were a betting man, I think the venue will be set up to have multiple different shows at the venue. Why else would you call it the "Universal Amphitheater" instead of a specific show? Maybe for one set have the Blues Brothers perform and then another set have Beetlejuice?

Here's another possibility that's horrifying I hope is not the case: What if we found our location for the Bourne Show? What if we are getting Bourne but it will be significantly cut down to diet-gluten free Jason Bourne as a smaller outdoor stunt show? This is something they totally would've done pre-comcast, but I seriously doubt this. I think it will be a flex venue that will allow for multiple different shows and I think this would be a great use of this space.

If it was a smaller animal show, I feel like we would've heard or seen something regarding an animal trainers. I overheard one of the trainers after the final performance for AA say that he's moving out of state since there's no more work for him at the park for his position (Which sucks and I wish him nothing but the absolute best for him!).

If I were a betting man, I think the venue will be set up to have multiple different shows at the venue. Why else would you call it the "Universal Amphitheater" instead of a specific show? Maybe for one set have the Blues Brothers perform and then another set have Beetlejuice?
I think you could be right. My bet is on a multitude of shows (perhaps dependent on season), or hell even having musicians come in like Orlando does for Mardi Gras. I think this could be a really good use of the Plaza space which, outside of LNY and Grinchmas, frankly doesn't have a lot going for it during daytime use.

Here's another possibility that's horrifying I hope is not the case: What if we found our location for the Bourne Show? What if we are getting Bourne but it will be significantly cut down to diet-gluten free Jason Bourne as a smaller outdoor stunt show? This is something they totally would've done pre-comcast, but I seriously doubt this. I think it will be a flex venue that will allow for multiple different shows and I think this would be a great use of this space.
I don't think it's this. I think if we get Bourne, we get Bourne.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
It would be very funny if they tore down the theater in this space just to build another theater.

I mean, all of the buildings in this area are on borrowed time, so that's not out of the question.

That said... another thought occurs to me. Could Universal Amphitheater just be referring to the Citywalk stage, which I believe previously was referred to as the "Five Towers" stage?

I did hear they are going to tear out all the fountains in the Plaza. But what's coming after that, I don't know.
Lol I still remember when the fountains went off and soaked everyone waiting in line for El Cucuy during HHN 2013.

Speaking of which, I don't remember those fountains being activated for years. When was the last time they used 'em? It makes sense they would get rid of them.

Lol I still remember when the fountains went off and soaked everyone waiting in line for El Cucuy during HHN 2013.

Speaking of which, I don't remember those fountains being activated for years. When was the last time they used 'em? It makes sense they would get rid of them.
Pre Covid that's for sure but most summers they have events there...and Lumor News years and HHN....so there isn't much time they can have them on anyway....good to hear they are going to make the most of this space

Do we have an ETA as to when this project is finished? I imagine they want to get this done right before the Summer season starts. I mean, it's going to be an outdoor theater with a stage and some rigging so I doubt it's going to take any longer than 6 months max.

The real question is will this be open in time for HHN? HHN really needs a show venue this year.

Do we have an ETA as to when this project is finished? I imagine they want to get this done right before the Summer season starts. I mean, it's going to be an outdoor theater with a stage and some rigging so I doubt it's going to take any longer than 6 months max.

The real question is will this be open in time for HHN? HHN really needs a show venue this year.
“Hi Sal! The Plaza is currently closed for refurbishment. The closure currently does not have a re-opening date, but we are hopeful it will be back open around May!” I messaged their twitter