Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal to Celebrate Centennial

I'm sure some of the older announcements will be re-announced so to speak...or at least reviewed in some form...plus the new stuff..

From thee Facebook.

[h=6]You may have heard we’re making a big announcement next week about all of the new experiences we’re opening for you in 2012. And, some of you may be wondering whether that announcement will include an update on what we have planned for the JAWS! area… We want you to know that won’t be part of our announcement.

We will be sharing details on many other new & exciting entertainment offerings. Actually, we’re creating more new entertainment experiences for you in 2012 than during any other year in our history! Want to see if you can figure out what we’re going to announce? Then stay tuned for some hints and sneak peeks leading up to the big day.[/h]

Yeap its possible that it will be a revitalization of the Studios with Potter AND Transformers, and possibly Kong too.

I wouldn't count on anything huge. We already know what's going on but most of their fans aren't here.

They should formally announce the new night-time show (which should be called something like Universal's Centennial: 100 Years of Movie Memories), the Hollywood Dreams parade, give new details and opening dates for Despicable Me and Spiderman 2.0, as well as an opening date for the Hollywood Drive-In Golf.

And that'd be more than enough for this announcement. The rest can most likely wait.

Eh, they need a name with some more pizzazz, can't think of anything right now, but maybe something like Unimagic, or Aquaversal :lol:

I'm brain dead right now so don't hate

Yeah you know nothing major just a night show, parade, hi def update to the best theme park dark ride, two different golf courses,and a new simulator...what else you got...
Ps this is not aimed at anyone here unless you are one of the re occurring negative commentors on universals Facebook page

Yeah you know nothing major just a night show, parade, hi def update to the best theme park dark ride, two different golf courses,and a new simulator...what else you got...
Ps this is not aimed at anyone here unless you are one of the re occurring negative commentors on universals Facebook page

Facebook is the devil. So many idiots comment on uni's and Disney's pages.

Ok, I gotta admit that's pretty funny. Some people I guess just cant be bothered to do some research on their own. That said, I do wish Universal would stop prolonging the Jaws replacement announcement. They could at least give us the date which the announcement for Jaws will be held.

I like the lady's comment about murdering feral cats. Really helped me understand the kind of people that use facebook.

you do know about the cats getting killed at the onsite hotels right?

it doesn't make the lady any smarter. but it does come off weird unless you heard the story.

It's not so much killed, as being trapped and taken to the shelter. Some animal people automatically translate shelter into "kill station", which isn't true. Cats are only immediately euthanized if there are major health concerns for the cat or towards other cats.

Eh, they need a name with some more pizzazz, can't think of anything right now, but maybe something like Unimagic, or Aquaversal :lol:

I'm brain dead right now so don't hate

Oh I wasn't really trying to name it. I was just trying to guess some of the wording they might use to tie it in with the whole campaign this year. I would say something like Universal's Cinemagic (but that's kinda close to Cinemagique over at Disney Studios Paris).

From Theme Park Insider

Update on the Universal announcement: Sources have told me what to expect from Universal's invitation-only webcast next week.

First, the new 4K HD film for Spider-Man will debut in March. With the new high-def imagery on the ride, Universal's dropping some fresh new detail for us to spot, including a cameo from Marvel's Stan Lee.

Second, Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (note the new title) will open in "Summer." Perhaps Universal might narrow that window between now and the 25th, but that's the projected opening at this point. The film's original cast will be voicing the 3D film, including Steve Carell and Miranda Cosgrove, and the audience will be transformed into minions at the end.

Third, Universal's getting both a new nighttime show and parade in 2012: Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - 100 Years of Movie Magic. Replacing "Universal 360 - A Cinesphere Spectacular," this new night-time show, with narration by Morgan Freeman, celebrates Universal Studios's 100th anniversary with scenes from some of the studio's top films, projected onto water screens in the Studios' lagoon. Choreographed lighting, fountains and pyrotechnics will complete the experience.

The new parade will Universal's Superstar Parade, and feature several Universal and Nickelodeon animated characters, including the Minions, Spongebob Squarepants and Dora the Explorer. Both the parade and night-time show will debut in the spring.

Finally, there will be a new Blue Man Group show debuting in February, as well.

1) I called the Despicable Me name.

2) MORGAN FREEMAN

3) That parade sounds terrible. Hope they're wrong there.