Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal to Celebrate Centennial

Concerning Jaws/Potter and this announcement, I would expect Potter to have little to no mention at this announcement. Mainly because this is about Universal's 100 years of movie magic and Potter is WB.

Concerning Jaws/Potter and this announcement, I would expect Potter to have little to no mention at this announcement. Mainly because this is about Universal's 100 years of movie magic and Potter is WB.

Well that and the fact that they already said it won't be about Jaws/Potter. I would expect that announcement much later this year.

"Both the parade and night-time show will debut in the spring."

The "3.15" in the projects' names could indicate (at least a desire of) a 3/15/12 opening date after all. Maybe?...

im pretty sure the mini golf will be because the pass holder discount for it was announced in the recent email.

speaking of did anyone else get an email for the power pass when they are actually a premier or preferred pass holder?

Yup. I did. T'was weird...

I concur. Plus it's still quite early in that project. I'd expect a formal announcement later this year, if not next year for Jaws/Potter 2.0

Universal has promoted/demoted (not sure which one to be honest) Kimberly Duncan to the position of super-fan.

[video=youtube;dMw8Gx1PLFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dMw8Gx1PLFc[/video]

Here's a link to the second video posted TODAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16_UzDu6iU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Some may not like these, but I personally LOVE Kimberly and it's good to see that she survived that brief encounter with the T-1000.

Wet 'n Wild has filed a new permit to reconfigure the kids area of the park (according to Park Rumors). They then conceive that it is a possibility that these plans could be included in the Centennial announcement, due to Uni's relation to Wet 'n Wild.

Some cool trivia from http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/125167

The Universal Film Manufacturing Company was officially incorporated in New York on this date in 1912. According to company legend, Carl Laemmle named his company Universal after seeing “Universal Pipe Fittings” written on a passing delivery wagon. To commemorate the 100th anniversary, we asked the good people at Universal to share some of their favorite facts about their films. Here are ten.

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/125167#ixzz1tYi30XWY
--brought to you by mental_floss!

1. The final speech by Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird was done in one take.

2. The working title for E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial was A Boy’s Life.

3. The word “dude” is used approximately 161 times in The Big Lebowski: 160 times spoken and once in text (in the credits for “Gutterballs” in the second dream sequence). The F-word or a variation thereof is used 292 times. The Dude says “man” 147 times—that’s nearly 1.5 times a minute.

4. The script Charlton Heston holds in the film Earthquake as he’s running lines with Genevieve Bujold is actually the script for Earthquake, and on the page of the scene being shot.

5. In Jurassic Park, a guitar string was used to make the water ripple on the dash of the Ford Explorer by attaching it to the underside of the dash beneath the glass.

6. In Field of Dreams, both Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are among the thousands of extras in the Fenway Park scene.

7. A Beautiful Mind was shot in sequence in order to help Russell Crowe better develop his character’s emotional and physical arc.

8. Back to the Future’s DeLorean time machine is actually a licensed, registered vehicle in the state of California. While the vanity license plate used in the film says “OUTATIME,” the DeLorean’s actual license plate reads 3CZV657.

9. The only physical damage made during the filming of National Lampoon’s Animal House was when John Belushi made a hole in the wall with a guitar. The actual Sigma Nu fraternity house (which subbed for the fictitious Delta House) never repaired it, and instead framed the hole in honor of the film.

10. With Meet the Fockers, the MPAA would not allow use of the name “Focker” unless the filmmakers could find an actual person with that last name.

11. In 1992’s Scent of Woman, Al Pacino repeatedly shouts “Hoo-ah.” “Hoo-ah” comes from the military acronym “HUA,” which stands for “Heard, Understood, Acknowledged.”

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/125167#ixzz1tYhzEYlc
--brought to you by mental_floss!

backtrack... ok, so I was searching one thing and then I found this... then I wondered why it sounded so clear, especially the beginning. Watch LISTEN and read below.

[video=youtube_share;mTlpRdFObBg]http://youtu.be/mTlpRdFObBg[/video]

It isn't the actual studio recording at all. It is a completely redubbed synthesized version! It is a fake orchestra created by ONE person... Amazing huh? Except for the first note, I wouldn't have noticed at all.

On another note... there is more than meets the eye in the new animation created by the company... The old logo stayed behind the visual plane. This new logo is designed to highlight 3D as it shoots out of sight as it spins around and then comes down over you... nearly clobbering you on the head. Aaaah... Hollywood. (sorry, I think and admire too much)

Last edited:
So I'm not to sure where to put this since we don't have a Year to Be Here thread I don't think, but I was browsing eBay and found this:

$T2eC16dHJHoE9n3KgIc(BP+is7fEtQ~~60_3.JPG

This is a Disneyland Paris License Plate from 1997. Oh the irony :lol: