Universal to Celebrate Centennial | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal to Celebrate Centennial

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On another note, wasn't Despicable Me supposed to open this Spring? If so, it appears to have been pushed back.

I knew the parade was going to be a bad idea :lol:

And Idk how I feel about Morgan Freeman. Nothing against him, but he's kinda overrated. You don't need a big name announcer for this. If anything, the trailer voice over guy makes more sense.

Hollywood Dreams is amazing. This concept just doesn't seem all that great.
It could be good. But that concept isn't all that great.

oh you mean the other characters involved?

I imagine they will take favorites from their other parade though.

i definitely see the blues brothers in this one.

Haha. Skip did call the Despicable Me ride name but it's also the name of the video game based on the film.

1178274.jpg

As for it opening in "Summer," I wouldn't really call that being pushed back just yet. It could just be a little more of an honest opening date than "Spring" (and then opening on the very last day of Spring/first day of Summer like some other attractions I could name).

The night-time show sounds, well, spectacular and Morgan Freeman narrating is AWESOME. Although I would've loved the Hollywood Dreams parade, the Superstar parade sounds like it's more for kids but I guess that's not such a bad thing considering. Hopefully they get some new decent floats and don't re-use old ones and this will just be the start of a re-focus on Kid Zone and the younger audience.

And Blue Man Group? A new show? I thought our BMG insider said there'd only be a few changes.

Well this is all stuff we have talked about, and this all makes sense. It is going to be a GREAT summer!

i hope a lot of it is done by late march for my birthday trip.

mini golf, DM, and the lagoon show should be done by then?

but yeah im excited. all 3 of those are welcome from me.

i hope a lot of it is done by late march for my birthday trip.

mini golf, DM, and the lagoon show should be done by then?

but yeah im excited. all 3 of those are welcome from me.

I wouldn't count on anything being ready by late March, except maybe the mini-golf.

I wouldn't count on anything being ready by late March, except maybe the mini-golf.

im pretty sure the mini golf will be because the pass holder discount for it was announced in the recent email.

speaking of did anyone else get an email for the power pass when they are actually a premier or preferred pass holder?

Nightshow could easily be done by then. As well as the mini-golf. I dunno about the parade.[/QUOTE

I guess if anyone can open a nighttime spectacular in 5 months, it'd be Universal.. But still, I think that might be cutting it close.

Well were not getting the announcement about jaws so I guess theyll be announceing the opening dates of Despicable Me, Mini Golf, Nighttime Show, and some things about Spiderman