Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Orlando has announced that their nighttime show, Universal’s Cinematic Celebration, has officially ended its run.

Universal Orlando has announced that their nighttime show, Universal’s Cinematic Celebration, has officially ended its run.

welp. Another show I didn’t get to see because of weird closing hours and events. I will say Universal has been very good at continuously updating the lagoon show every couple years so very much looking forward to the next integration of tech.

Any idea if the new show will still be WOC like the outgoing one or will they rip the whole thing out and start over? I find it kind of odd Universal only keeps their nighttime shows for only 5 years. as the one before this lasted 2012-2017 (though that was for the 100th anniversary of Universal so I can see why they may have wanted to move on from that.) and now this one lasted 2018-2023.

I bet they will keep most of the hardware, but maybe built on it by adding fire effects and stuff

Can’t believe it’s already been five years, that’s crazy.
Certainly a different mindset than Disney. WOC hardware wise has been pretty much the same since 2010, although they did add the projection screen on the Mickey face on the ferris wheel and LED lights on what was then California Screaming for the Diamond Celebration in 201

Certainly a different mindset than Disney. WOC hardware wise has been pretty much the same since 2010, although they did add the projection screen on the Mickey face on the ferris wheel and LED lights on what was then California Screaming for the Diamond Celebration in 201

They did some upgrades over the years either adding or removing effects. I expect the same here.

Hopefully the new show receives a better audience/response, it wasn't well publicized and most viewings maybe had 1k people watching it... kind of sad really since the show was really good.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Bummed to hear. I really enjoyed this one and hadn't seen it in a while. Curious if a new show debuts immediately following Mardi Gras or if they wait for a while...