Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like how the bushes are the speakers and it's clear it's standing room only.
As with most of Universals entertainment I expect this to be a short but sweet offering multiple times a night.
Do we know if this will be multiple times a night like a projection show or once a night like the other Lagoon shows?

Whoa. Color me impressed!

Interestingly enough- it doesn't look like the platform is going to get much bigger based on these docs.

Universe of Color
Or...
Maybe the show will be entitled...

"Universe of
pdAKGZW.gif
"

Tbh, I just wanted to use a Hugh Laurie gif. I'll see myself out now. :eek:ut:

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Well, looks like they are "all in" for this nighttime attraction which is great! Is there any way to estimate the capacity of this viewing area? Some type of crowd density calculation? Just curious what they are planning as far as attendance and that might indicate how frequently this runs at night (1 vs. multiple showings)

Well, looks like they are "all in" for this nighttime attraction which is great! Is there any way to estimate the capacity of this viewing area? Some type of crowd density calculation? Just curious what they are planning as far as attendance and that might indicate how frequently this runs at night (1 vs. multiple showings)

World of Color has a capacity of 4,000. This will probably be around 3,000. I imagine 2-3 shows a night with a holding area somewhere nearby.

Isn't world of color like 1000 fountains? Maybe newer fountains are more multi function. 100 doesn't seem like enough.
It will have a lot more than 100. World of Color has 1200 fountains on a 350 ft platform. This platform will be about 250 ft. So I would imagine several hundred fountains.

World of Color has 1200 fountains but barely uses them all except for the grid and moving fountains. And it's always a ton of stuff going on the entire time, which gets old quick. I find WoC pretty at times, but tasteless in the way that it just has way too much going on.

If Universal does this show right, this can be just as good, if not better by using much less. I'm hoping they have a more restrained and artful approach to this show. Also... Fireworks helps......

Also, from Chip.

As Bioreconstruct and Seth K. appropriately pointed out in the replies to this tweet, there's gon' be an issue for short individuals and people in wheelchairs. Whether it's the rocks on the first level, or the shrubbery on the upper terraces, there's no viewing this show from a low vantage point. Curious to see if and how they handle that.

As Bioreconstruct and Seth K. appropriately pointed out in the replies to this tweet, there's gon' be an issue for short individuals and people in wheelchairs. Whether it's the rocks on the first level, or the shrubbery on the upper terraces, there's no viewing this show from a low vantage point. Curious to see if and how they handle that.

Until you see them in the finish product, I'd take the shrubbery in the art as an artist's representation, and not necessarily as what we be represented as a finished product.

Even then, if it's anything like WoC, you're not looking at the water level. And on the art, the shrubs maybe come up to the person's hip in the picture. Anyone in a wheel chair will be higher than that.