Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From your list. Then Jaws, Kong, Transformers, Classic Monsters

Edit: Just noticed you said “want” not “will be there”

Jaws was the one I couldn’t think of.

I’m really hoping for a big musical extravaganza as most of these movies have great iconic scores and I kick a massive emotional response to listening to this music on loud speakers as part of a crowd.

The way this is shaping up, this is probably the thing I’m most excited for in 2018 in Orlando.

Jaws was the one I couldn’t think of.

I’m really hoping for a big musical extravaganza as most of these movies have great iconic scores and I kick a massive emotional response to listening to this music on loud speakers as part of a crowd.

The way this is shaping up, this is probably the thing I’m most excited for in 2018 in Orlando.

This is far and away my most anticipated thing for 2018 ever since construction started. Hoping they don't let me down!

Reactions: Scott W.
Don't get your hopes up about that projector. It's been there for years, left over from 360. Maybe they'll do something similar but I'm 100% positive that projector has been there for years.

I'd be interested to see what IPs people want to see on show here if they go down that road.

Want To See
- Jaws
- Back to the Future
- Jurassic Park/World
- Classic Monsters
- Psycho/the films of Alfred Hitchcock
- E.T.
- Harry Potter
- Men in Black
- King Kong

Think We Will See
- Harry Potter
- Despicable Me/Minions
- Shrek
- Fast & Furious
- Jurassic World
- Secret Life of Pets
- Transformers
- King Kong
- Kung Fu Panda
- How to Train Your Dragon
- maybe one of BTTF/Jaws/E.T.

I'm expecting this to be heavily focused on 21st century properties, for better or worse.

But really, rather than just a rundown of clips, I’d like to see some kind of storyline that is able to tie it all together; like focused on “the magic of the movies,” or something along those lines.

a17820d4-3a76-4050-af0e-a80a030b571b-jpeg.6584

Are you sure that's new? If so, that is one old, ghetto looking projector compared to the projectors we are seeing come out nowadays.

Example: Here are the projectors we have for MK
XnZHzaa.jpg

Reactions: Alicia
Definitely more projectors on the way. More themed structures have shown up around the lagoon. Also, signage removed above Starbucks to create a more blank canvas to project onto. Pics later when I get home.

Nice work @AliciaStella .

This is shaping up quite nicely, it's early days butt maybe, just maybe we will finally get a quality night time show. Im quietly excited about this one.

Oh, And, I want to see jaws floating around the lagoon please.

Are you sure that's new? If so, that is one old, ghetto looking projector compared to the projectors we are seeing come out nowadays.

Example: Here are the projectors we have for MK
XnZHzaa.jpg
I think those are just movable lights. I've never seen a projector look like that. All of MK's projectors are on top of building pointed at the castle.

Reactions: Andysol
Projection mapping can be done with any old kind of projector (as long as it has sufficient resolution).

I would wonder if they would though, given Universal has partnered with Christie on new Projectors for DWT at Hollywood.

I would wager they are using the old ones as test's, and then installing the new models at a later time.