Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You’ll notice the water screen nozzles are staggered 3 in the back, 2 in the front. I wonder if the 2 in front are so the other side of lake has a view of screens also? Or they have two screens extremely close to the new viewing area.

I think the show will be designed to be seen from Central Park. WoC also has rows of water screens to act as planes of animation and visuals to add depth.

Didn't someone say that we should look to that the lagoon will be raised and lowered of the amount of it's volume of water in the given period of time that things would be?

I do not believe they will be able to raise and lower the water that quickly... The idea that they might was just speculation, not a rumor. I will bet that it takes a few hours just to lower it by 1 or 2 inches after a heavy rainfall.

I am extremely bummed that this show is turning out to be just a mini WOC clone. Was hoping for a bit more outside the box thinking. I'm not sure projection mapping and possibly drones will be enough to win me over.

I think that's an incredibly negative and dismissive attitude towards this. Just because we're seeing a layout with screens and fountains doesn't mean this is a WoC "clone". World of Color wasn't the first theme park fountain and projection show, even at Disney... There are shows all over the world before WoC and after. To immediately dismiss this because it's looking similar in show hardware is like saying every painting is the same because it uses paint and canvas.

The content, music, style of show are all going to play a part in what this becomes and how ambitious it is. If it's good why does it matter? The content alone can still be ambitions.

And let's face it, already this is looking way bigger than anything Universal has done show-wise. We have all been asking for a better nighttime offering and it looks like they're finally answering that with something that is pretty substantial. So we should be applauding and celebrating that. Someone greenlit money for something here in the park that is purely to make the end of your experience better. You can't market or monetize it like an attraction, so I'm sure from a financial standpoint these shows are hard to justify... Especially at Universal. So for them to invest like this I think is pretty amazing.

So yes, they have fountains and projections and fireworks and drones like other shows, but I'm very happy and going to be supportive of their decision to do this. Everyone in the know is saying this show is going to be different and good and I'm going to trust them until opening day when I can see for myself. So don't be bummed, be excited! This thing has the potential to.... finally..... be a world class and stellar nighttime show at Universal, fountains or otherwise!

They could always bring back Universal 360....That show was super good

Especially the firework they shot off during the show

It was James Micheal Roddy holding a roman candle while humming the BTTF theme, but still...super good

It amazes me how Universal tries to use every inch of land they have. Unlike some parks that go and sit back because profits are fine Universal continues to add entertainment offerings despite doing very well financially. They build more hotel rooms so try to add their entertainment offerings giving people something fun to do.
As I stated before I don't expect this to be the nighttime show that ends all night time shows. I hope this is like the Potter projection show, short, sweet and beautiful.

It amazes me how Universal tries to use every inch of land they have. Unlike some parks that go and sit back because profits are fine Universal continues to add entertainment offerings despite doing very well financially. They build more hotel rooms so try to add their entertainment offerings giving people something fun to do.
As I stated before I don't expect this to be the nighttime show that ends all night time shows. I hope this is like the Potter projection show, short, sweet and beautiful.
Well, they’re expanding and trying to beat:ears:

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Could definitely be much worse. We could always get this:
Fonzie.jpg

I know it was asked a couple days ago but is it possible that the boat house that had a garage door installed be the pump house? The location in close proximity to the platform would make it an ideal spot to pump water from. I think that because for the amount of jets and fountains they are using you will need a certain PSI of water pressure to keep all jets and fountains running. The further away from the actual show location would mean a bigger drop in PSI per foot and would require bigger pumps and more energy. With details as scarse as they are I don’t expect anyone to know but just wanted to put my thoughts out there.

On a side note I will take back what I originally said about this platform being temporary. This certainly isn’t a temporary set up this is more permanent in the sense that it will be around for a long time.

I am really excited to see the final result of this project and what Entertainment/UC has come up with for this show.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit