Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wanna know what the octagonal small buildings are next to each entrance are for...
They look like these. Covered pathways for the stores flanking the archway.

Attachments

• Universal-Orlando-epic-universe-theme-park-concept-art-entrance.png
    Universal-Orlando-epic-universe-theme-park-concept-art-entrance.png
    632.2 KB · Views: 43
No not those, the smaller ones next to the portals. See this.

Bottom middle.

So far I have only seen them next to Monsters and Potter. They seem to be set back behind the portal, and both along the lands' separate exit path. I do wonder if they're some kind of security booths to ensure no one is entering the exits?

You can see the Potter one on the latest permit plan, which seems to be near the back of the retail location that will be attached to the first aid building, which has not yet started construction.

Both here, and Monsters, have them located where an exit gate will be installed. Very odd.

close-potter-LABELScrop.jpg

EDIT: And since some people have already wondered, if they were going to have ticket booths by each of the portals, you wouldn't put them *behind* the entries. The gazebo shown on this plan *in front* of the portal is where it would be.

I just realized this. From certain hotel rooms in the Grand Helios you will be able to see back of house areas in Wizarding and Monsters (maybe other lands as well depending on height of hotel). That will seem strange. I understand that most coasters offer the same view behind the scenes but that is only for a few seconds and you are going 60mph.

So far I have only seen them next to Monsters and Potter. They seem to be set back behind the portal, and both along the lands' separate exit path. I do wonder if they're some kind of security booths to ensure no one is entering the exits?

Probably that. For times they want to restrict entry. It could also allow for people with tickets to enter that way and bypass the portal. Why it needs a booth and not just someone standing in the path like they'd normally do is a good question though.

Since they're both part of the hub is it likely the interior station of the coaster will share some thematic elements with the carousel? They are part of the hub. I might be reading too much in the arches used between both. I also just realized the coaster station points directly to the carousel so if there is some connection implied there it would be neat.

I'm wondering if we're likely to see coaster testing before the end of the year? There's still a lot to do even when the track is done but it wouldn't be too crazy to expect pull-throughs sometime by the end of summer at least? Or would that still be way too early?

Reactions: OrlLover and Nico
Since they're both part of the hub is it likely the interior station of the coaster will share some thematic elements with the carousel? They are part of the hub. I might be reading too much in the arches used between both. I also just realized the coaster station points directly to the carousel so if there is some connection implied there it would be neat.

I'm wondering if we're likely to see coaster testing before the end of the year? There's still a lot to do even when the track is done but it wouldn't be too crazy to expect pull-throughs sometime by the end of summer at least? Or would that still be way too early?
They’re both themed to stars. Carousel themed to constellations and the coaster themed to shooting stars (and rockets). And yea, i believe they will share similar architectural styles.

Overall I think the whole hub area will be a more modern take on steam punk/Jules Vern aesthetic, but a little more polished and “shiny/silver/blue” than the “dull/brown/copper” version they did for Toothsome.

"The Hub" is three seperate sections from my understanding, with Celestial Gardens being one. I don't see this being steam punk, this is astrological themed. I think you mean "vintage futurism" like Discoveryland at DLP.

I just realized this. From certain hotel rooms in the Grand Helios you will be able to see back of house areas in Wizarding and Monsters (maybe other lands as well depending on height of hotel). That will seem strange. I understand that most coasters offer the same view behind the scenes but that is only for a few seconds and you are going 60mph.

I mean, it's no secret you are at a theme park so I don't think that will deter anyone from staying. You can see the back of the house from royal pacific as well, nothing strange at all.

Reactions: ParksandSights