Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’d say so. 4 attractions, a major dining location, probably a ton of meet n greets, size too… I think this land is going to be much more of a mega hit than people think.
Can’t be many lands that will account for almost a quarter of a park’s entire attraction count? Is it 4 in Berk, 2 in HP/FB, 2 in Monsters, 3 in SNW and 2 in the hub?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Can’t be many lands that will account for almost a quarter of a park’s entire attraction count? Is it 4 in Berk, 2 in HP/FB, 2 in Monsters, 3 in SNW and 2 in the hub?
Discounting interactivity, SNW has 3, Monsters 2 with room for a 3rd, one gigantic experience in Potter with expansion room, and 4 in Dragons. It’s arguably the most fleshed out alongside SNW at the start.

I wanted opinions on this. What do we think will be flanking the archway once we pass through the Wizarding World portal? It's clear these walls going up are to block site lines. Do we think it'll simply be trees or something else?

I wanted opinions on this. What do we think will be flanking the archway once we pass through the Wizarding World portal? It's clear these walls going up are to block site lines. Do we think it'll simply be trees or something else?

Trees, like the tunnels under bridges at Central Park.

What's funny is originally there was going to be a hub-facing burger restaurant nearly butted up right to that wall, so there wouldn't be much room for too many trees back there anyway... but there will be lots of trees on either side of the portal regardless to block our view behind it.

Also, similar to what we're seeing with Monsters' portal right now, there's more theming coming to this portal, especially its back side, to help fill in that inside area.

Trees, like the tunnels under bridges at Central Park.

What's funny is originally there was going to be a hub-facing burger restaurant nearly butted up right to that wall, so there wouldn't be much room for too many trees back there anyway... but there will be lots of trees on either side of the portal regardless to block our view behind it.

Also, similar to what we're seeing with Monsters' portal right now, there's more theming coming to this portal, especially its back side, to help fill in that inside area.
Trees to enter Paris is a very weird choice. I was hoping they would do something like SNW where you enter trough a building and you are there. Now the arch would feel like the portal.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Trees to enter Paris is a very weird choice. I was hoping they would do something like SNW where you enter trough a building and you are there. Now the arch would feel like the portal.
if it looks like a scaled down version of the planned renovations of downtown Paris it'll look cool I think.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.44.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 5.44.46 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
All of the portals will be surrounded by trees. Even Nintendo. It’s probably more to blend it into the surrounding hub than theming for the land you’re going to enter. Think of it like this: The portals are themed to give you a hint of what’s inside, but the trees on either side are part of the hub.

EDIT: And like I said before, there are more themed elements coming for the back of the portal between it and the arch. Trees are for the sides of the portal outside the land.