Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like that structurally complete hotel could open this year, if they wanted it to

Universal is so good at construction

I'll take those rooms with the lousy view for the convenience of being right there. Besides, when I'm on a trip to the parks like that I'm really only using the room to sleep in.

I didn't mean that the rooms and the view were bad. On the contrary, I myself would probably watch that view just because it is a rare look where most park guests don't get to see. And as far as the rooms facing Lockheed. That side will also probably get a very close view of the fireworks (at least their launch). The rooms facing the park won't get that.

Reactions: Nico
Looks like that structurally complete hotel could open this year, if they wanted it to

Universal is so good at construction
Even if the hotels were ready, would the new roads be finished? I think they're estimated to be completed by sometime next year so it would be a while.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm sure there will be lots of angry guests who get Lockheed Garden views when they were expecting park views. Happens at Animal Kingdom Lodge all the time when people realize there are rooms not overlooking the savannah, even though it's reserved as such (people are stupid).
Don't forget that many back there will be "pool views" as well.

Reactions: Nico
I'm sure there will be lots of angry guests who get Lockheed Garden views when they were expecting park views. Happens at Animal Kingdom Lodge all the time when people realize there are rooms not overlooking the savannah, even though it's reserved as such (people are stupid).
People can be twits. I used to get requests for oceanview rooms at the Holiday Inn Maingate all the time. When people complained, I just pointed out that they do have an oceanview room - it's just the view is across 65 miles. :)

I'm concerned with the Hub itself. It seems like a lot of things maybe getting cut from the concept art. I don't see the 400 plus seat food court building anymore or some of the small shops in the photos. Maybe Alicia or someone can do a video or a picture with an old overlay over the current status of the park to see what was taken away or could possibly added.

I'm concerned with the Hub itself. It seems like a lot of things maybe getting cut from the concept art. I don't see the 400 plus seat food court building anymore or some of the small shops in the photos. Maybe Alicia or someone can do a video or a picture with an old overlay over the current status of the park to see what was taken away or could possibly added.

The only thing “cut” is a burger fast food place and a sit down restaurant. We don’t know what the replacement is.

And remember the hub is in the way of the to and fro construction happening in the lands. If they build too much of the hub now it makes it more difficult to move the construction equipment where they need it.

Food court hasn’t been cut. Seems like they’re finishing the entryway stuff first, but recent permits show the food court is still happening.

The same permits also show a new smaller version of what would’ve been Cassini, so I’m curious to see what that ends up being!

And while Meteor Burger is still gone, a kitchen remains in the plans near that area, so maybe we get some sort of outdoor eatery at least instead.

Food court hasn’t been cut. Seems like they’re finishing the entryway stuff first, but recent permits show the food court is still happening.

The same permits also show a new smaller version of what would’ve been Cassini, so I’m curious to see what that ends up being!

And while Meteor Burger is still gone, a kitchen remains in the plans near that area, so maybe we get some sort of outdoor eatery at least instead.
Build that beer garden they’ve been talking about putting in CityWalk

Can anyone identify the two spaceship looking buildings on the right side of this picture? I know there was supposed to be a Starbucks in this area but I don't think this is that. They look like food stands.

Edit: blowed up views
spaceships.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Suchomimus