Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone else think that the Monsters coaster is taking up way more real estate than it deserves?

Without knowing exactly what is going where....I would have preferred seeing it elongated along the service road.

Isn’t the land next to the service road being saved for phase 2?

My only concern with Monsters is that I am not getting the "village" vibe from the land yet. I know that most of that will probably come when facades and hardscape/landscaping are in place. I guess I was expecting more buildings (even if they are fake fronts)

My only concern with Monsters is that I am not getting the "village" vibe from the land yet. I know that most of that will probably come when facades and hardscape/landscaping are in place. I guess I was expecting more buildings (even if they are fake fronts)

I'm hoping the backside of the restaurant on the outside of the land will have facades, which would make that area in the land look like another street.

I'm hoping the backside of the restaurant on the outside of the land will have facades, which would make that area in the land look like another street.

Hopefully they theme it, but realistically they will probably just paint the backside goaway green and plant some trees/bushes in front of it to give the area a forested appearance.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Trying to understand something...in the permits it looks like the right section of the main promenade has a small open-air pathway that goes between some shops and back of house:

A0705904-E4F9-4D8F-A613-B4B33682B7CC.jpeg

But construction photos make it seem like that pathway may either be enclosed or perhaps covered with glass Parisian arcade style (building has a blue umbrella on it):
3ABD1902-085A-481C-8452-2305B0F5E967.jpeg

Does anyone know which is the case: open-air, enclosed, or arcade style glass covering?

Reactions: Suchomimus
Trying to understand something...in the permits it looks like the right section of the main promenade has a small open-air pathway that goes between some shops and back of house:

View attachment 18458

But construction photos make it seem like that pathway may either be enclosed or perhaps covered with glass Parisian arcade style (building has a blue umbrella on it):
View attachment 18459

Does anyone know which is the case: open-air, enclosed, or arcade style glass covering?
I would guess glass roof to be Parisian arcade. The structures seen on site plan are enclosed buildings only.

Also, here’s a more current site plan graphic:
8D58FD5F-6EB1-47CC-B2FC-34041A41721A.jpeg

I absolutely love theme park construction photos! Thanks to all for posting and thanks to Cyngus and Bio! What a time to be alive watching a new park being built from the ground up.
So true, they make it possible for us to see how a theme park is build, how much is going into what is eventually an entertainment product. It's awesome! Want to add Alicia Stella and Tommy Hawkins to the list of super heroes.