Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

I believe that the Kirkman connection will be to the east of gate U T1 - somewhere between U T1 and U T2.

Gate U T1 looks like it's on the wrong side of the power lines to be Kirkman.
OK, I wasn't sure which intersection it was. If that's not it, then it looks like it will be a second access point for the construction crews. I know they've have dump trucks going in through there in the past week or two.

Just curious, but in order to make those lakes in the center of the park, does the entire park essentially have to be elevated relative to the surrounding land (due to water tables) or can they just dig down without having to worry about it?

Just curious, but in order to make those lakes in the center of the park, does the entire park essentially have to be elevated relative to the surrounding land (due to water tables) or can they just dig down without having to worry about it?
I feel like the lakes are elevated and made of concrete, allows for more "control"

Looking at IOA's lagoon, it's basically a glorified water retention for Popeye and Dudley...very clever honestly

Probably a little of both. Opening those lakes up allows for a control structure which can eventually lower the local groundwater table, plus the excavated material is used to raise the site when they can. As long as you have a nearby positive outfall you can lower the local water table to the lowest adjacent grade.

This thread has gone to dumb town
cp3qpue4k6s21.jpg

The Seven Seas lagoon was dug out, and then filled with water from Bay Lake. EPCOT's lake was actually dredged out

Driving past EU on Destination Parkway this afternoon it was heartening to see work going on. There was a dump truck and bulldozer hard at work on the giant mound, so I assume that means site prep is still happening, they're just holding off on going vertical on anything for a bit while the plumbing and other utilities are still being installed.

Driving past EU on Destination Parkway this afternoon it was heartening to see work going on. There was a dump truck and bulldozer hard at work on the giant mound, so I assume that means site prep is still happening, they're just holding off on going vertical on anything for a bit while the plumbing and other utilities are still being installed.
Mostly what they are doing is delaying the start of artisans like Nassal Co. Who would be starting to build all the theming elements.

I finally got a Nintendo switch and I must say not having luigis mansion in EU is kind of A missed opportunity. During Halloween they could have like a kiddy version of horror nights during the day lol. Nevertheless I am excited for super Mario world.

I finally got a Nintendo switch and I must say not having luigis mansion in EU is kind of A missed opportunity. During Halloween they could have like a kiddy version of horror nights during the day lol. Nevertheless I am excited for super Mario world.

Disney Haunted Mansion could have a rival with Luigi's Mansion dark ride.[/QUOTE]

Driving past the north side of the property work seems to be moving along on the backstage facilities area along Sand Lake Road. They're installing pipes and the very large parking area has all the lighting installed. Bio never really flies over that north end where all the support facilities are going in. I'm assuming that will be the TM parking area up there as well.