Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cutz:
1) Potter VR (this is good from what I hear)
2) Meteor Burgers
3) Hub Potter store

Swapz:
1) Monsters show for Curse of the Wolfman (upgrade IMHO)
2) BBQ upgrade (also an upgrade)
3) Casini sit down Italian for kids play area
coincidentally, cutz and swapz are now rumored to be scare zones at this year's halloween horror nights in hollywood!

Cutz:
1) Potter VR (this is good from what I hear)
2) Meteor Burgers
3) Hub Potter store

Swapz:
1) Monsters show for Curse of the Wolfman (upgrade IMHO)
2) BBQ upgrade (also an upgrade)
3) Casini sit down Italian for kids play area
Cassini sit down turned into an outdoor cafe.

I think the water thing has always been in the plans, and is closer to carousel south of Cassini site. We just never noticed (cause it’s so tiny).

Zephyr Market quick service by the entrance will also not be there opening day [*]
Correct. Hopefully it comes eventually though.

And the Potter store is probably still coming later too, not cut outright. (I have a feeling it was originally themed as MAC USA and they want to go back to the drawing board lol.)

As for Meteor Burger, I think we’ll get a restaurant there, eventually, but maybe not until the park expands.

@Alicia great video as always. Regarding the portal to the new WW and the sheer size of the facades within WW - how are they going to “hide” the land from the central hub? Or will they?
I don’t think they’re too worried about completely blocking things from the hub tbh. But there will be a lot of trees. And berms. And berms with trees.

I think the water thing has always been in the plans, and is closer to carousel south of Cassini site. We just never noticed (cause it’s so tiny).

Correct. Hopefully it comes eventually though.

And the Potter store is probably still coming later too, not cut outright. (I have a feeling it was originally themed as MAC USA and they want to go back to the drawing board lol.)

As for Meteor Burger, I think we’ll get a restaurant there, eventually, but maybe not until the park expands.

I don’t think they’re too worried about completely blocking things from the hub tbh. But there will be a lot of trees. And berms. And berms with trees.
I love a good berm with trees :love:

HMMMMM thanks for the clarification.

Ok this one is really dumb but I think it's worth asking - where will the Coke Fresstyle machines be? No really, Nintendo and Potter can't have them, right? So that leaves the hub, Monsters, and Dragons. The hub just had a quick service cut (this seems unfortunate). So... where would they go?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
HMMMMM thanks for the clarification.

Ok this one is really dumb but I think it's worth asking - where will the Coke Fresstyle machines be? No really, Nintendo and Potter can't have them, right? So that leaves the hub, Monsters, and Dragons. The hub just had a quick service cut (this seems unfortunate). So... where would they go?
There’s a lot of kiosks in the hub, like big round things everywhere. I bet many of them have Freestyle machines. Gotta get their cup money.

I took this photo from Biorecontruct to show how little space there is between the left building and the coaster building.
If they want to develop the expansion I can imagine 1 large ip going in there (like LOTR). One portal has to be build between these structures and walkways. It could even have it's reveal moment when done smartly but dividing the plot into 2 lands would look very weird as you both have to go trough a long narrow area until the land actually can start.
Placing the portals back (also an option) would making them hard to find.
I'm confused about the design of this area. And than there is the problem of making the coaster invisible from both HTTYD and the expansion plot (if they actually want to go for a fully immerged 360 degrees "world" as promised.

FyMuMPOWIBIQFto

I took this photo from Biorecontruct to show how little space there is between the left building and the coaster building.
If they want to develop the expansion I can imagine 1 large ip going in there (like LOTR). One portal has to be build between these structures and walkways. It could even have it's reveal moment when done smartly but dividing the plot into 2 lands would look very weird as you both have to go trough a long narrow area until the land actually can start.
Placing the portals back (also an option) would making them hard to find.
I'm confused about the design of this area. And than there is the problem of making the coaster invisible from both HTTYD and the expansion plot (if they actually want to go for a fully immerged 360 degrees "world" as promised.

FyMuMPOWIBIQFto
I'm kind of imagining a long wooded pathway leading to a more distant portal - kind of like if you look at aerial views of Super Nintendo World in Japan, how that is set far back from the WaterWorld plaza.

I'm kind of imagining a long wooded pathway leading to a more distant portal - kind of like if you look at aerial views of Super Nintendo World in Japan, how that is set far back from the WaterWorld plaza.
That could be the solution. I can imagine a portal for LOTR (I keep hoping). After that a long forest road that opens up in condensed version of Hobbiton.

I still think this park eventually goes through a Disneyland-esque transition from discreet lands that can only be entered via a single portal to lands that are connected by elegant transitions along the "rim" of the park.

EDIT: I bring this up because it would partially solve the issue of accessing that expansion plot if you can just access a tunnel from Potter that leads directly into it.

I haven't kept up closely with what buildings are what, but is that building something that could be easily removed within a few years to make room for that portal?