Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is like saying who wants to stay at cabana bay if you're only visiting volcano bay for one day. The two don't really correlate.
I see the point from the perspective of a Helios guest where the hotel is literally INSIDE the park, exclusive entrance and all. Only being able to use that entrance one day of your entire trip (when you can literally see the whole park through your room’s window) would cause a lot of problems for those staying there.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Myself, even when things at Epic settle down, I doubt I'd stay at the Epic hotels. The thing I enjoy most about Universal is that everything is within walking distance at the main resort. I love the fact I only need to spend 5,6 or 7 hours at the parks and also enjoy the stuff at CityWalk and the hotels. Everything is so close that it really accentuates a relaxing and leisurely vacation. It's so easy to go back and forth between the venues, stuff like an afternoon at the pool in the Orlando uncomfortable heat/humidity. I love the Disney parks as much, if not more than Universal parks. But WDW is not a relaxing vacation. With it being so spread out, and not much to do at the hotels, we do long days at the parks....So, we'll probably do Epic the same way as WDW with long days at that park. Sure, it's a short bus ride away from the main resort hotels, but so are the WDW parks from their hotels. The compact nature of the Universal main resort is it's strength. That's probably the main reason we stay at Universal regardless of my disdain for much of their park operational issues/decisions. We love the overall feel of a vacation at the Orlando Resort. It's beyond just a theme park thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustLikeMe
I see the point from the perspective of a Helios guest where the hotel is literally INSIDE the park, exclusive entrance and all. Only being able to use that entrance one day of your entire trip (when you can literally see the whole park through your room’s window) would cause a lot of problems for those staying there.
. . . Which is no different than the Cabana Bay rooms inside/facing Volcano Bay. . .
cabana-bay-room-tour5957-1-1200x802.jpg

DldMTL5XoAExfdG.jpg

My question is who will stay at one of the 3 hotels if they only can visit Epic for one day?
We will (try, anyway) - Universal is still the smaller part of our Orlando trips. I probably couldn't convince my fam to stay at RPR/HRH, but a brand new hotel with awesome views that has a cool entrance? Totally.

The theory is that moving Universal staff into the new digs at Epic will free up room at the existing parks for more park stuff and less admin stuff. They will likely keep some admin at IOA/USF due to logistics (wardrobe for example)
Not really. Everything close to the actual parks is important to park operations itself. Wardrobe, cast member grills, park offices, vehicle refurb centers, bus loops, and the Hogwarts Express. The only place they could reasonably expand is the warehouses in-between the parks and back behind Simpsons/MIB.

I doubt they'll utilize those office areas. . There's been space at Studios to expand for a long time (Closed FF and all that area in the back between/behind Springfield and M&B that they never utilized). I think we'll always just see existing stuff closed and replaced with something new.

They're probably moving some back of house to the South Campus simply because the back of house of the 90s wasn't built to accomodate the resources that need to be brought to bear for the current resort. If anything, those backstage spaces just become better utilized or less crowded.