Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at you Shrek 4D.

Seriously though, Epic Universe won’t be starting back up until 2022 at the earliest.
Hey if this gives us SLOP that’s a positive, although I expect Dreamworks Theatre for cheap sake. Either way getting rid of shrek 4-D is a positive.

But yeah, mid to late 2020s for EU is my hope now. This certainly didn’t sound like a “holding back for now” seemed to me more of a “we are not ready” or the market isn’t ready for this yet but they’re not giving up on the project. We’ll see where things go from here but this all just makes logical sense even if it’s just disappointing news.

6 year wait for Potter in Hollywood guys.
I'm more than willing to wait for a couple reasons:

1. We should get a whole new park with it
2. They can fix issues with our version if there are any. (side-eyes Rise of the Resistance)
3. They know they'll need other projects in-between since the new park was an anchor for tourists, so that should lead to a strong overall resort rather than a pared down EU.

2. They can fix issues with our version if there are any. (side-eyes Rise of the Resistance)
3. They know they'll need other projects in-between since the new park was an anchor for tourists, so that should lead to a strong overall resort rather than a pared down EU.
Wise thoughts. :thumbsup:

6 year wait for Potter in Hollywood guys.
Yea, but nobody cares about Hollywood. /s

:tease:

I think #2 and #3 are wildly optimistic. If the land isn't exactly the same in EU I will be shocked. And I just don't see any major projects coming down the pipeline for Orlando before EU

Yeah, I could live with the long(er) wait if...

1. Orlando's SNW is a markedly improved -- and, ideally, even expanded -- version of the land. The ultimate version, if you will, with some unique elements.
2. Some significant attractions are on the table at Universal Studios Florida during the interim.

We're already in the sixth year of hearing about Nintendo coming to Orlando.

Yea, but nobody cares about Hollywood. /s

:tease:

I think #2 and #3 are wildly optimistic. If the land isn't exactly the same in EU I will be shocked. And I just don't see any major projects coming down the pipeline for Orlando before EU
I agree no major projects, my best hope is SLOP. I think that changes the dynamic of USF a lot, and if they can do that and a replacement show for FF by 2023, changes USF a bit imo. Maybe not for the masses but it does create a stronger park as a whole than it stands now. New parades too, maybe nighttime shows again, who knows. Lots of little improvements they can make along the ways

Yeah, I could live with the long(er) wait if...

1. Orlando's SNW is a markedly improved -- and, ideally, even expanded -- version of the land. The ultimate version, if you will, with some unique elements.
2. Some significant attractions are on the table at Universal Studios Florida during the interim.

We're already in the sixth year of hearing about Nintendo coming to Orlando.

Coming in the year 2065

I'm still sour about having to wait a few years for Jurassic Park: The Ride when Hollywood got it first. But I'm a bit more understanding now as an adult. (A little bit anyway.)

I agree no major projects, my best hope is SLOP. I think that changes the dynamic of USF a lot, and if they can do that and a replacement show for FF by 2023, changes USF a bit imo. Maybe not for the masses but it does create a stronger park as a whole than it stands now. New parades too, maybe nighttime shows again, who knows. Lots of little improvements they can make along the ways
I do not think anything of substance will come to the FFL stage. SLOP is the only ride I could see happening before EU opens up. Maybe some expansion to VB

I don't understand this indecisive "maybe we'll build it, maybe we won't" type thing.

Either build the darn thing or toss the plans, start on Nintendo in KZ, and try again in 5 years.

This is definitely where I'm at, especially since some of the IPs used will be laughably out of date by the time the second half of the decade rolls around

This is definitely where I'm at, especially since some of the IPs used will be laughably out of date by the time the second half of the decade rolls around
Exactly. They might be able to get away with Nintendo + others in 2024, but if their plan is to open a park headlined by Pokemon/Zelda, HTTYD, and Potter/Beasts in 2026/27 . . . who's going to care?

And they have nothing in the construction pipeline beyond VelociCoaster in 2021, so they really should start on something.

Exactly. They might be able to get away with Nintendo + others in 2024, but if their plan is to open a park headlined by Pokemon/Zelda, HTTYD, and Potter/Beasts in 2026/27 . . . who's going to care?

And they have nothing in the construction pipeline beyond VelociCoaster in 2021, so they really should start on something.
Pokemon/Zelda are kinda evergreen-ish. All HBO has to do is do a Potter Series on HBO Max to really get Potter going again (and people love the IP anyway), Monsters will never be out of date. HTTYD is what I worry about. Replace that with Lord of the Rings though and you've got yourself a park full of pretty safe and solid IPs.

Pokemon/Zelda are kinda evergreen-ish. All HBO has to do is do a Potter Series on HBO Max to really get Potter going again (and people love the IP anyway), Monsters will never be out of date. HTTYD is what I worry about. Replace that with Lord of the Rings though and you've got yourself a park full of pretty safe and solid IPs.
I don't have a problem with Pokemon/Zelda, but it's getting to the point where *another* Potter land feels questionable considering how bad FB is and everything going on with JKR. That entire side of the park as it's designed is iffy at best when it comes to opening in 2023, let along 2025+.

I don't have a problem with Pokemon/Zelda, but it's getting to the point where *another* Potter land feels questionable considering how bad FB is and everything going on with JKR. That entire side of the park as it's designed is iffy at best when it comes to opening in 2023, let along 2025+.
I don't want FB at all. People don't like it and it's never gonna be a thing. If it's gonna be Potter, it either has to be based on the main films OR maybe just build a land around one of the other Potter schools that WB can do a series on? But I really hope they decide against FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.