Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? Imma say it. Cancel Fantastic Beasts and Classic Monsters, move their attractions over to the main two parks, and build Zelda and Pokemon here. Super Nintendo World on a wider scale with quality maintained throughout would get people through the gates easily, video game IP or otherwise.

Also, I don't get why they're sitting on Pokemon. It's a giant IP spanning across several mediums. It's already proven itself.

Reactions: Awakening
Not sure if this was mentioned before but I was on Steve Thatam's website (he was an imagineer and works now for quite some time at Universal) and he had a video mentioning Harry Potter and 1920 France.

I think for Universal’s own purposes and for best business, get this in Kidzone for 2024/2025, w/ DK to make the Orlando opening a bit more special, then save Pokemon for EU.

Orlando needs this thing ASAP, this clearly looks like the most well done theme park land out there. You can see why they want to kick off their expansion with it though, maybe they’re more confident in their Mario stuff than Pokemon stuff because Pokemon is just as big an IP to expand a resort with.

Tbh, I think they're struggling on how to integrate Pokemon; it's not a lack of will as much the difficulty of adapting it to a park without coming across as chintzy. It would be easy to slap a theme on a bunch of flat rides and call it a day (Kang and Kodo comes to mind), but what would you do to make it feel fully fleshed out without it feeling like you're just cramming Pokemon into other rides?

Tbh, I think they're struggling on how to integrate Pokemon; it's not a lack of will as much the difficulty of adapting it to a park without coming across as chintzy. It would be easy to slap a theme on a bunch of flat rides and call it a day (Kang and Kodo comes to mind), but what would you do to make it feel fully fleshed out without it feeling like you're just cramming Pokemon into other rides?
For the record, I would not say they are having a hard time with it. From what I have heard, it may have gone through a few iterations in blue sky, but they got pretty far into development for a new ride based on Pokemon (and it's not the one we've heard about).

For the record, I would not say they are having a hard time with it. From what I have heard, it may have gone through a few iterations in blue sky, but they got pretty far into development for a new ride based on Pokemon (and it's not the one we've heard about).
Would you say it’s on the same par as SNW? I understand that may difficult to answer lol.

I think the big thing is my guess, is they are very confident in the product they have with SNW. In a post Covid world we’ll see but regardless they are I think very thrilled with what they’ve done and this isn’t just my reaction to it all, prior to Covid they greenlit 4 iterations of this land along with an expansion to it, they’re happy from what I can see. If they don’t feel Pokemon is done as well I can see why in Orlando they’d rather just save the ride for USF, not that it’s any less, but it does seem like Nintendo was the anchor for EU, regardless of how great the Potter rides may be because Nintendo as an IP is new to the resort as a whole, bringing in a new crowd.

Idk if any of that made sense lol, but I really think they need to get this to Orlando for 2024/2025 if they can, I think operations will be more normalized by that point where it makes sense.

Would you say it’s on the same par as SNW? I understand that may difficult to answer lol.

I think the big thing is my guess, is they are very confident in the product they have with SNW. In a post Covid world we’ll see but regardless they are I think very thrilled with what they’ve done and this isn’t just my reaction to it all, prior to Covid they greenlit 4 iterations of this land along with an expansion to it, they’re happy from what I can see. If they don’t feel Pokemon is done as well I can see why in Orlando they’d rather just save the ride for USF, not that it’s any less, but it does seem like Nintendo was the anchor for EU, regardless of how great the Potter rides may be because Nintendo as an IP is new to the resort as a whole, bringing in a new crowd.

Idk if any of that made sense lol, but I really think they need to get this to Orlando for 2024/2025 if they can, I think operations will be more normalized by that point where it makes sense.
All I know is Pokemon received a lot more time and development than Zelda, which never made it out of blue sky.

All I know is Pokemon received a lot more time and development than Zelda, which never made it out of blue sky.
Makes sense too, Pokemon is much more a sure fire hit. The idea of Pokemon being around USF, like was mentioned in your video about Un-Built kidzone projects, seemed like such a great ides to rejuvenate that park a bit.

Just hope we can see both soon someday!

Does Pokemon have identifiable places and aesthetics? I'm not into Pokemon at all. And while I'm not a huge Nintendo fan in general.....everyone is at least somewhat familiar with the world that Mario & Co. inhabit. Anyone have any pictures of places associated with Pokemon? If not....it already makes it a tough sell as a theme park land to the general public.

Does Pokemon have identifiable places and aesthetics? I'm not into Pokemon at all. And while I'm not a huge Nintendo fan in general.....everyone is at least somewhat familiar with the world that Mario & Co. inhabit. Anyone have any pictures of places associated with Pokemon? If not....it already makes it a tough sell as a theme park land to the general public.
I'll just respond with this

But seriously, I've always pictured Pokemon Land looking like MSHI but with Pokeball designs everywhere

And then Veridian forest in there somewhere

Reactions: Descendo and Legacy
Kanto. And all they need is Pokemon to sell it to the general public. They didn't need it with Star Wars, and they don't need it here.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
You know what? Imma say it. Cancel Fantastic Beasts and Classic Monsters, move their attractions over to the main two parks, and build Zelda and Pokemon here. Super Nintendo World on a wider scale with quality maintained throughout would get people through the gates easily, video game IP or otherwise.

Also, I don't get why they're sitting on Pokemon. It's a giant IP spanning across several mediums. It's already proven itself.

I know I'm a little late but this is a bad idea. The "spread it around" philosophy is brilliant at crowd control and increasing profits/attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.