Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only guess now is Frankenstein’s daughter or granddaughter took over the castle

In 1943's FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN, we meet a Baroness Elsa Frankenstein, who is the last surviving member of the family. It's unclear exactly who she's a direct descendant of (because the family continuity of the FRANKENSTEIN series is particularly sketchy, it's hard to say), but she's presented as the owner of the now-abandoned Castle Frankenstein.

So there is precedent for the Frankenstein family having a female heir. I'd just prefer they actually use that character instead of inventing a new one to frame the ride.

I haven’t watched all the films and it’s a little unclear by the comments. Was the castle destroyed in the films? If so do we expect it to be rubble? It looked beautiful not destroyed in the picture I saw

There are multiple Castle Frankensteins in the old movies; arguably the most iconic one is the one from FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, and it is blown up at the end of BRIDE. The subsequent movies always involve castles, but the films make it intentionally unclear if the castles are supposed to be the same original one. They look substantially different each time out, in any case.

I think you all are forgetting Ygor exists and easily plays the host due to his connection with both Frankenstein and Dracula. (the 1940s Frankenstein sequel and Universal's 2004 Van Helsing had him as Dracula's assistant)

Makes sense for him to be the host.

Give me an animatronic of this crazy guy!
4825019361_3eac594b0a_z.jpg

If that leaked document was even real to begin with that is.[/QUOTE said:
That is quite true. Really well done on whoever made that doc if its fake, looks really professional lol. Frankenstein is likely the more recognizable Monster and most approachable for kids too.

Also, though I truly want CFTBL to be the eventual expansion, Dracula not having a land yet worries me a touch. I won’t say I think it’s out of contention, because aside from it and the mummy no other monster I can think of would have much of a distinctively different land design (as in, not a European village).

Two Frankie Castle ride questions:
-Any idea what the vehicles will be?
-do we expect the phantom/hunchback to show up?

Two Frankie Castle ride questions:
-Any idea what the vehicles will be?
-do we expect the phantom/hunchback to show up?
Expected/rumored to be a Kuka arm system, which is the same one that Forbidden Journey uses at IOA. Not sure of what the actual vehicle will be. I think most if not all monsters minus CFTBL are expected, but most of this is rumor/inside info being leaked.

The only disappointing thing about focusing the land on Frankenstein instead of Dracula is that we won't get to ride through this set on the attraction...
Drac%2527s%2BCastle.jpg

I think that could have been a pretty impressive moment.

I would hope the trade-off is that we'll get Frankenstein's laboratory, complete with all the equipment sparking and zapping.

The only disappointing thing about focusing the land on Frankenstein instead of Dracula is that we won't get to ride through this set on the attraction...
Drac%2527s%2BCastle.jpg

I think that could have been a pretty impressive moment.

I would hope the trade-off is that we'll get Frankenstein's laboratory, complete with all the equipment sparking and zapping.
Frankenstein's Lab would be perfect for an interactive set piece in the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.