Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea until there is another recession and tourism takes a huge hit in Florida. then when your only paying customers are the one paying 99 bucks for a week ticket and locals, that strategy will have to change. Prepare it for paid all the way but make it so it can be open to the GP if necessary without difficulties.

Also you would need operations and security cast at each of the four entrances.

Except Universal has been talking for a while about using facial recognition at park entry, making your face the ticket you use. That will eliminate most of the turnstile personnel, meaning just a few security type people to stop anyone not ticketed. Security screening would all be as you enter the hub (just as it is now).

This kind of verbiage makes me think they are still very much considering facial recognition and free hub (like it or not):

"Our vision is a big one, we want to create a level of experience that frankly forever changes the theme-park landscape as you know it today. And over time as we unveil details about it, you're gonna see that the layout is different, the concepts are different, the delivery system, everything that we're thinking about. This is 2019, what does the future demand that we do being Universal Creative."

Now, if EU closes at 9 pm, I can see them possibly opening up the hub for free to turn it into a CityWalk 2.0 opening until midnight or later on the weekends, but I can't see the hub being open to all during normal park hours.
I think EU closing at 9 or 10pm is highly probable (you would lose profit going later), and at that point, I don't see why you wouldn't open up the hub to more people with cash in hand. (I don't recall a valid argument against this.)

Last edited:
People are probably not going to agree with me and that's all right lol but my wishlist for the park is as follows:

1. Super Nintendo World: Mario Kart dark ride, Donkey Kong indoor and outdoor coaster, Yoshi family-friendly coaster. Possible expansion: a Kirby family-friendly boat ride through Dreamland.

2. Pokemon (to open at a later date near SNW):
Pokemon Gym dark ride (a seated ride like Star Tours that has you in the center of a battle of numerous Pokemon at a Pokemon Gym), Pokemon Snap (a dark ride where you explore various regions and can take snapshots of Pokemon, which you get points from and depending on how many, receive a special pin at the end of the ride), numerous small rides based on Pokemon and their capabilities.

3. Classic Monsters World: Dracula dark ride, Frankeinstein's Monster dark ride, The Wolf Man dark ride (in a similar ride type as Pokemon Gym, maybe you're like in a convertible escaping the Wolf Man through the city, forest, etc) and The Creature from the Black Lagoon dark boat ride.

4. Hyrule (instead of FB, sorry, as much as I love HP I'm just not on board with them having their own world lol, put the MOM ride in near Diagon Alley instead): Legend of Zelda indoor and outdoor coaster (going through Hyrule Castle as run by Zelda then slowly being overrun by Ganon), Zora's Domain flume boat ride, Death Mountain drop tower, Rito flight ride (think exploring all of Hyrule in a dark ride as you sit atop a Rito) and as for the Gerudo, they have a special fight and dance show!

5. DreamWorks World: I like the idea already rumored so I wouldn't have any ideas that are different from it nor am I really that familiar with DreamWorks properties enough to have an opinion on lol, the HTTYD ride sounds so fun though

People are probably not going to agree with me and that's all right lol but my wishlist for the park is as follows:

1. Super Nintendo World: Mario Kart dark ride, Donkey Kong indoor and outdoor coaster, Yoshi family-friendly coaster. Possible expansion: a Kirby family-friendly boat ride through Dreamland.

2. Pokemon (to open at a later date near SNW):
Pokemon Gym dark ride (a seated ride like Star Tours that has you in the center of a battle of numerous Pokemon at a Pokemon Gym), Pokemon Snap (a dark ride where you explore various regions and can take snapshots of Pokemon, which you get points from and depending on how many, receive a special pin at the end of the ride), numerous small rides based on Pokemon and their capabilities.

3. Classic Monsters World: Dracula dark ride, Frankeinstein's Monster dark ride, The Wolf Man dark ride (in a similar ride type as Pokemon Gym, maybe you're like in a convertible escaping the Wolf Man through the city, forest, etc) and The Creature from the Black Lagoon dark boat ride.

4. Hyrule (instead of FB, sorry, as much as I love HP I'm just not on board with them having their own world lol, put the MOM ride in near Diagon Alley instead): Legend of Zelda indoor and outdoor coaster (going through Hyrule Castle as run by Zelda then slowly being overrun by Ganon), Zora's Domain flume boat ride, Death Mountain drop tower, Rito flight ride (think exploring all of Hyrule in a dark ride as you sit atop a Rito) and as for the Gerudo, they have a special fight and dance show!

5. DreamWorks World: I like the idea already rumored so I wouldn't have any ideas that are different from it nor am I really that familiar with DreamWorks properties enough to have an opinion on lol, the HTTYD ride sounds so fun though
Cool ideas, I would go to that park for sure. :)

I will say - As much as I love Nintendo IPs and want Hyrule/Pokemon to come to UOR, I like that FB adds a balance to the park (offsetting cartoony/fantasy elements of SNW and DW).

My thoughts on a ticketless hub. I just don't see this as a good idea during normal park hours. It was stated that EU is UOR's 4th park. If you make the hub ticketless, you're essentially making the 4 lands each a separate gate with its own turnstiles. This makes for an inconsistent and possibly confusing experience for guests purchasing a multi-day park-to-park pass to UOR.

Take Disneyland Resort for example. What makes it an easy resort to park hop is the fact that the parks face each other and are separated by the esplanade and that Downtown Disney is off to the side. Exit one park and within minutes, you can enter the other park without dealing with the traffic from Downtown Disney. Double the resort and you now have 4 sets of turnstiles with a larger esplanade. This somewhat mimics EU's 4 lands. Now take a super-plussed up version of Downtown Disney and plop it right on the esplanade. Imagine having to get from one land to the next while having to deal with Downtown Disney's crowds.

Now, if EU closes at 9 pm, I can see them possibly opening up the hub for free to turn it into a CityWalk 2.0 opening until midnight or later on the weekends, but I can't see the hub being open to all during normal park hours.

Maybe the EU Hub will be free access to anyone staying onsite at the Universal Orlando resort, and anyone with an IOA or USF ticket. But to enter the lands you need a specific/upgraded ticket for that?

My wishlist/dreams for the hub (Part 1):
(Remember I just make this up)
The hub is majestic, grand and fantastical all at the same time. The entrance with it's huge arches is a prelude of what is to come. The structure does resemble the classic Universal arches but this one is out of this Universe. It frames the view over a whimsical waterfalls resembling the floating of time that end in a large natural body of water.
To my left and right are stunning class roofed arcades with domes and it all hints at the elegance of France but with a hint of fantasy. There are the regular things like customer service and wheelchair rentals but also a large selection of shops. It's all very inviting and build on two floors. I grab a coffee and a sandwich and sit next to a small fountain as I watch the octagonal building.
EpicUniverse_01_Entrance.jpg

It looks like a huge carousel, an old Victorian one with gold leaf details. It's columns are holding glass windows of huge propositions and it's ceiling holds huge chandeliers. It is a stunning restaurant, a rotating restaurant with the kitchen in the stationary center it slowly rotates around giving a stunning view.The theme of the restaurant is time as it is one of the elements of our Universe. I have a reservation made for it just now as it will be packed after the firework and fountain show. Business men will also frequent the place at night when the hub opens for the general public.
Epic-Universe-Carousel.png

Universal had build up a lot of expertise with CityWalk. That piece of real-estate is dead most of the day and comes alive after 8pm so why not open this hub after 8pm for all, free for all who are willing to pay for parking their car. But it's only fair we get first choice to make reservations.
Anyway a bit further on there is a real carousel. Kids of all ages like to spin around on celestial beings represented in the attraction.
I move on and visit Super Nintendo World, that was awesome and I'm in for a bite of a different kind, I guess I'm a bit spaced out from the mushrooms as this is Space themed.
Epic-Universe-Restaurant.png

This huge domed beautiful building is an event restaurant. I kid you not, it's The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. When I enter it's a stunning domed room that looks exactly the same inside as on the outside. Golden arches span the dome and the beautiful stained windows shine lights on the tables who have globe like lamps on them. On the center stage a presenter welcomes us as the engines are started to push the restaurant trough time to the end of the universe. The light dims as the glass floats away. In time-laps I can see the Earth evolve, dino's walk by, water level rises as huge creatures swim above the glass dome. Earth get's developed and eventually we lift off in space.
maxresdefault.jpg

Space stations are build, we float trough the vastness of space. An alien race welcomes us as we float next to their space station.
Then the universe explodes as planets crash against each other. It's a spectacle on a grand scales.
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

And then it's dark as waiters walk around the dimly lit restaurant with desserts with fireworks on them. Slowly the glass stained ceiling reconstructs itself and it's time to move on. Our presenter welcomes us back and ask us to raise our glass to the here and now.

Maybe the EU Hub will be free access to anyone staying onsite at the Universal Orlando resort, and anyone with an IOA or USF ticket. But to enter the lands you need a specific/upgraded ticket for that?
Could be, but that would require turnstiles at each world as well as turnstiles at the entrance(s) to the hub.

I think EU closing at 9 or 10pm is highly probable (you would lose profit going later), and at that point, I don't see why you wouldn't open up the hub to more people with cash in hand. (I don't recall a valid argument against this.)

The valid arguments are from every insider saying this idea was considered at one point, but was then shut down as swiftly as it was brought up. You're the only one that keeps this rumor going (and I get it.. I'm still pushing Alicia to admit the shrieking shack is coming), but they can't keep repeating themselves, it gets tiring.

EDIT: Just want to note that I'm saying this in a very positive way out loud, not trying to be rude but it's hard to type out how you're saying somethi... oh wait - comic sans!

EDIT 2: font-change (btw - Brian lied, there's no comic sans)

I've been reading a few older threads and I had not realized that How to Train Your Dragon had been rumored to replace Lost Continent. I found this post from @Disneyhead interesting:

So looking back at the concept art, 1) we got the coaster, though it's up in the air whether it'll look like the above artwork, and 2) we have at least one show building which looks large enough for what @Disneyhead is referring to.
View attachment 10526

Now going back to this idea that HTTYD's original concept may have been to replace Lost Continent... if you squint your eyes (until they're almost closed), you can kind of see how the layout on the concept art might fit into Lost Continent (with major revisions):

View attachment 10530
I have a question regarding the httyd land. Will the land be based on the original island of berk or the new island hiccup and the rest of his people move to in the 3rd movie? Will the land feature the hidden world of dragons as well? I definitely hope the land features animatronic dragons. This is my 2nd most anticipated land behind Nintendo. I absolutely love the httyd trilogy and I consider it the greatest dream works movies and one of the greatest animated movies.

I have a question regarding the httyd land. Will the land be based on the original island of berk or the new island hiccup and the rest of his people move to in the 3rd movie? Will the land feature the hidden world of dragons as well? I definitely hope the land features animatronic dragons. This is my 2nd most anticipated land behind Nintendo. I absolutely love the httyd trilogy and I consider it the greatest dream works movies and one of the greatest animated movies.
I really want a flying theater ride that takes place in the hidden world... but, I'm pretty sure that would REALLY look like Flight of Passage.

httyd3-crop.jpg

That would be awesome! But is the land based on the original berk or new berk from the third movie? I’m just wondering because I’m a huge httyd fan.

That would be awesome! But is the land based on the original berk or new berk from the third movie? I’m just wondering because I’m a huge httyd fan.
I think it might be too early to tell. And that is why they removed much of the themed elements from the concept art. There are cliffs visible in the art and rockwork. But not much else.

The valid arguments are from every insider saying this idea was considered at one point, but was then shut down as swiftly as it was brought up. You're the only one that keeps this rumor going (and I get it.. I'm still pushing Alicia to admit the shrieking shack is coming), but they can't keep repeating themselves, it gets tiring.

EDIT: Just want to note that I'm saying this in a very positive way out loud, not trying to be rude but it's hard to type out how you're saying somethi... oh wait - comic sans!

EDIT 2: font-change (btw - Brian lied, there's no comic sans)

Comic sans is definitely in the Mount Rushmore of fonts

Can we get it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 13
I think it might be too early to tell. And that is why they removed much of the themed elements from the concept art. There are cliffs visible in the art and rockwork. But not much else.
Thanks for the feedback Alicia’s! I’m so excited for the park! This park will be the greatest theme park in the world! I can’t wait for more info!

Not to drag this conversation on about the universal classsic retro themed land but I just thought that bringing back old rides would create new memories for generations to come. Shark movies will always be popular, creature from the black lagoon water ride sounds silly. Back to the future would be a great IP to take over that Sci-Fi section. Again universal hasn’t officially come out and said that the classic rides won’t make a return but their are confirmed lands already and the permits are filed, we don’t know if the other 2 are coming officially.

Not to drag this conversation on about the universal classsic retro themed land but I just thought that bringing back old rides would create new memories for generations to come. Shark movies will always be popular, creature from the black lagoon water ride sounds silly. Back to the future would be a great IP to take over that Sci-Fi section. Again universal hasn’t officially come out and said that the classic rides won’t make a return but their are confirmed lands already and the permits are filed, we don’t know if the other 2 are coming officially.
*sigh*

Dude, they're not coming back.

@Joel - I think there's a misunderstanding.

I never said the concept of a nighttime hub is a rumor. The valid argument I am asking for is against this being an idea ("wish list"). Not anything based on rumors or what insiders have said in regards to what UOR is actually doing.

However, I will say, no insider has yet said "UOR considered a free nighttime hub for hotel guests or possibly everyone (for free), but they decided against it."

As far as the nighttime hub concept being a good idea, several people have said similar things throughout this thread:
I imagine the central hub theme to be of Space. It would be cool for Epic Universe to be Nocturnal and the Hub has nightclubs and resturants open all night!
What if the hub/spine serves a dual purpose... park hub during the day, pseudo-Citywalk by night. Each of the world/lands appears to have a choke-point entry/exit that could easily be gated off come typical park close leaving the hub alone open to everyone... and requiring no main gate fee. The few rides in the hub then become a separate pay-per-ride or night ticket. The dueling coaster sure has a high reride factor and the idea is similar to the rumors that once existed for RRR. I imagine a carousel and few other select rides could be the same. Mix in stores and dining in the hub and you have a nighttime complex that extends the options for on-site hotel guests into the evening. Seeing as how Universals trend as of late at Citywalk 1.0 is to reclaim leased space for themselves and develop and operate their own dining/retail concepts, it certainly would not require outside vendors to fill space/ideas.
The idea isn't tongue in cheek at all. It's completely feasible and the presented structure of the park actually encourages it (with the attached hotel).
The hub may be big and probably has great restaurants, but instead of allowing anyone into the hub to dine, maybe they could close the lands an hour or two before the hub to force everyone into the hub for dinner. Maybe even hotel guests could venture down into the hub without a ticket for those last two hours to dine and watch the fireworks.
Again, tons of valid arguments against full ticketless (and insiders discrediting it), but not a single one for why after-hours for hotel guests/general public would be a bad thing.

I will say this as well: if UOR had designed the hub with "free hub" in mind, opening it after-hours would be a substantial way of salvaging this concept.

Now... for the all day free hub, which I assume you believe I'm a supporter of (again, I believe this was just a misunderstanding):
You're the only one that keeps this rumor going
I also called for for this rumor to be shut down if it's not accurate:
Keep in mind, a TPU, Screamscape, or ParkStop article might show up in someones news-feed... A forum post will not.

The world may keep getting articles spreading the same (possibly inaccurate) rumor of a ticketless hub. I think it's a legitimate question asking if someone has (or will) attempt to discredit this rumor publicly (at the same level of visibility as TPU).

Last edited:
My wishlist/dreams for the hub (Part 2):
This restaurant with he fire bowl above the door is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I ordered my meal from the counter. It are small biters, easy to eat comfort food. A small bowl of mac & cheese, tiny burgers, popcorn and a cupcake all in a cardboard box all neatly separated. I haven't got it yet but when it's ready I'm asked to sit into a ride vehicle with cinema seats and a place to put the cardboard tray. My ride goes trough the history of Universal Studios Cinema with screens and sets. It's like I'm having a snack in the cinema while riding a ride.
dining_at_epic.5d4867c48587e.jpg

I just visited an old, creepy, run down European village. It was scary and fun but I like to sit a bit now and watch the dancing fountains.
Epic-Universe-Lagoon-Show.png

This arena is huge and has more to offer than we see at first glance. In the center it houses a huge stage with a roof that can be raised out of the water. It has an impressive lighting ridge and can be used for concerts. The water hides many water fountains with lights and fire effects.
Tonight I will see here the new evening show made in collaboration with Le Rêve. After that the firework will finish the show on an even grander scale.
maxresdefault.jpg

This restaurant in the shape of a plectrum doubles as a concert venue where smaller acts will find an ear at night. But during the day this star themed restaurant is also honoring the start of the stars on the Universal Music label. From Billy Joel and U2 to Adel and Timberlake, we see their memorabilia's on the wall and wax figures for photo ops. They created their favorite meals for us and it's a tough menu to choose from.
vernes_village_at_epic.5d486811149e1.jpg

There is much more to do in the hub but I am ready for the best coaster in town. Star Burst is a racing coaster with one hanging coaster and one lay-down coaster. Their track layout and experience is wildly different but at points we meet as we speed trough a lush landscape.
Epic-Universe-How-to-Train-Your-Dragon-980x340.png

Part of the ride goes indoors and each coaster has it's own are and special effects when going trough the main building.
Universals-Epic-Universe-Concept-Art-3.jpg

Now I have almost done my whole tour around the hub but I'm not done. See that huge stadium looking building? That is a shrine to video games of the past, present and future. It has an old style arcade with a bar, an E3 like environment where all the big console and pc makers, together with game companies, show of their latest games and hardware. I just played the demo of The Last of Us 2 and it was amazing! But that is just the bottom part because above it is a huge, dedicated build Esports stadium. Sure it can house any large show but here is the beating hart of Esports.
iem-katowice.jpg

Sure there is much more to do in the hub but I'm going back to my hotel for a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.