Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected from my prior land descriptions for FB:
Whats considered the “Wizarding district” but not specifically the Wizard only area is Montmartre (assumably where non hidden locations like Flamel’s house are)
The Indoor Land (where the drop towers ride will be) it seems we’re getting is the Place Cachée, a location described as the french equivalent to diagon alley. Place Cachée directly translates to “Hidden Place”. Glad I could clarify!

Ps. Does anyone know if the Diagon Alley shops were the exact ones from the films? If so, we already know a ton of the shops for this land, as they mentioned it in some fantastic beasts book, including a wand shop with their equivalent of Ollivanders (Cosme Acajor) and a beauxbatons uniform shop!

Last edited:
I stand corrected from my prior land descriptions for FB:
Whats considered the “Wizarding district” but not specifically the Wizard only area is Montmartre (assumably where non hidden locations like Flamel’s house are)
The Indoor Land (where the drop towers ride will be) it seems we’re getting is the Place Cachée, a location described as the french equivalent to diagon alley. Place Cachée directly translates to “Hidden Place”. Glad I could clarify!

Ps. Does anyone know if the Diagon Alley shops were the exact ones from the films? If so, we already know a ton of the shops for this land, as they mentioned it in some fantastic beasts book, including a wand shop with their equivalent of Ollivanders (Cosme Acajor) and a beauxbatons uniform shop!
Yes the shops in Diagon are those who were presented in the films and books with probably some approved additions. Expect the same for France.
I also expect that the outside portion of Fantastical Beasts World will be Paris as London is for the Diagon land (except that it also will feel 360 degrees Paris. The inside portion will probably fully Wizarding World.
Is the Tower ride is a wild rumor or has someone credible mentioned it?

latest
Yes the shops in Diagon are those who were presented in the films and books with probably some approved additions. Expect the same for France.
I also expect that the outside portion of Fantastical Beasts World will be Paris as London is for the Diagon land (except that it also will feel 360 degrees Paris. The inside portion will probably fully Wizarding World.
Is the Tower ride is a wild rumor or has someone credible mentioned it?
Alicia has mentioned it and I’ve been able to make out a specific portion of the building under the firework that seems taller and large enough for the ride. Also excited if they keep the actual stores from the film. The Cosme Acajor wand store sells wands in triangular prisms boxes which would be awesome!

Also worth mentioning: The Circus Archanus, the greatest magical traveling circus in the world, is in Place Cachee, and in the lore they host daytime parades.

Last edited:
latest

Alicia has mentioned it and I’ve been able to make out a specific portion of the building under the firework that seems taller and large enough for the ride. Also excited if they keep the actual stores from the film. The Cosme Acajor wand store sells wands in triangular prisms boxes which would be awesome!

Also worth mentioning: The Circus Archanus, the greatest magical traveling circus in the world, is in Place Cachee, and in the lore they host daytime parades.

Wait, when did Alicia mention this, and where are you seeing the taller building exactly? I'm not seeing anything there.

Wait, when did Alicia mention this, and where are you seeing the taller building exactly? I'm not seeing anything there.
The ride, in her park stop articles and I believe her podcast as well. The lines that outline the structure are crazy difficult to make out, and idk how to upload my screenshot of the outline I was able to make, but if it’s any reference you can see the back right corner of the land (the corner in the back closest to us) is significantly higher than the other portions of the building if you look closely. Don’t know if you can zoom as much as I can on my iPad but give it a try

The ride, in her park stop articles and I believe her podcast as well. The lines that outline the structure are crazy difficult to make out, and idk how to upload my screenshot of the outline I was able to make, but if it’s any reference you can see the back right corner of the land (the corner in the back closest to us) is significantly higher than the other portions of the building if you look closely. Don’t know if you can zoom as much as I can on my iPad but give it a try

Ooooh now I can sort of see it. But I believe a couple of insiders ruled out the drop tower for this land.

I think as of now the only "confirmed" (aka the most speculated/rumored right now) ride for Fantastic beasts at all is the rollercoaster throughout Paris chasing after Newt and his Beasts. I believe that is the most recent update and we are not sure of what the other ride is other than that both are E tickets.

Well then lord what’s going in that tall showbuilding
Also on Alicia’s recent podcast she speculated the drop tower so I guess she changed her mind aw but eso pasa

Anyways, if they do make the shops from the movie, we know a ton of the lineup:
  • 1392 - Quidditch shop Gaston McAaron opened at #38.
  • 1485 - Monsieur Sanfin Chaudrons shop opened at #39.
  • 1586 - Clothing Shop, I believe named Maison Capenoir but unsure (Official Home of uniforms for Beauxbaton Academy)
  • 1614 - Cosme Acajor Wand Shop opened at #36 (wandmaker Cosme Acajor)
  • 1614 – Magillard Plumes & Tomes at #44 (Bookstore)
  • 1634 - the pub Griffon Buveur (The Drinking Griffon) opened.
  • 1861 – Odette Favre’s Maison Fondée (confectionery, pastry)
Other establishments along the street include:

• Rammelle’s Enchantée (candy store)
  • Le Corbeau Mystique Animalerie (pet shop advertising owls, ravens and other birds)
  • Dr. Aziz Branchiflore (potion shop advertising a superbly qualified wizard, insectology, plant leaf treatments, balms of reptiles. (#35)
  • Bonnet Volant (hat shop – the favourite brand of elegant witches)

Last edited:
Here is a list of the shops in Paris.
  • Quidditch shop Gaston McAaron
  • Monsieur Sanfin Chaudrons shop.
  • Clothing Shop (Official Home of uniforms for Beauxbaton Academy)
  • Cosme Acajor Wand Shop (wandmaker Cosme Acajor)
  • Magillard Plumes & Tomes at (Bookstore)
  • The pub Griffon Buveur (The Drinking Griffon).
  • Odette Favre’s Maison Fondée (confectionery, pastry)

• Le Corbeau Mystique Animalerie (pet shop advertising owls and birds)
  • Dr. Aziz Branchiflore (potion shop advertising a superbly qualified wizard, insectology, plant leaf treatments, balms of reptiles.
In 1927, the Circus Arcanus set up at the intersection of Boulevard Voltaire and Rue Richer and displayed various spectacles

(From HP-Lexicon.org)

Looks like everything you need for a full land except a counter service restaurant. Maybe it could have The Wizarding World's first table service restaurant. French cuisine is perfectly suited for a white tablecloth restaurant.

Looks like everything you need for a full land except a counter service restaurant. Maybe it could have The Wizarding World's first table service restaurant. French cuisine is perfectly suited for a white tablecloth restaurant.
An "up-scale," in park table service restaurant along the lines of Cinderella's Royal Table--only themed to the Wizarding World--could do gang busters. Especially if they design it in a way that the food is provided with a magic flourish.

Well then lord what’s going in that tall showbuilding
Also on Alicia’s recent podcast she speculated the drop tower so I guess she changed her mind aw but eso pasa

Anyways, if they do make the shops from the movie, we know a ton of the lineup:
  • 1392 - Quidditch shop Gaston McAaron opened at #38.
  • 1485 - Monsieur Sanfin Chaudrons shop opened at #39.
  • 1586 - Clothing Shop, I believe named Maison Capenoir but unsure (Official Home of uniforms for Beauxbaton Academy)
  • 1614 - Cosme Acajor Wand Shop opened at #36 (wandmaker Cosme Acajor)
  • 1614 – Magillard Plumes & Tomes at #44 (Bookstore)
  • 1634 - the pub Griffon Buveur (The Drinking Griffon) opened.
  • 1861 – Odette Favre’s Maison Fondée (confectionery, pastry)

• Le Corbeau Mystique Animalerie (pet shop advertising owls, ravens and other birds)
  • Dr. Aziz Branchiflore (potion shop advertising a superbly qualified wizard, insectology, plant leaf treatments, balms of reptiles. (#35)
I think with regards to the rides its mostly speculatory at this point since we're still a few years away. Im sure she'd make a post/podcast about it if she had official information on one of the rides. Until then, id take everything with a grain of salt. Drop tower may certainly happen, but it may certainly not! Truly, who knows. Im sure we'll get that drop tower patent somewhere someday, but who knows where.

An "up-scale," in park table service restaurant along the lines of Cinderella's Royal Table--only themed to the Wizarding World--could do gang busters. Especially if they design it in a way that the food is provided with a magic flourish.
Ive forever wondered why we haven't gotten a Great Hall dining experience.

Space, mostly, I think.
True, but even if the other Hogsmeade's they've developed over the years they could likely fit it in somewhere I would think. Now THAT I think you could almost advertise as an attraction in itself. No clue if this could work, but it'd be amazing to have the kitchen underneath and have dropdown tables that can put your food right infront of you to pull off the "magic" part of things. It'd be a cool thing for sure.

Even if it’s the tower, I wonder (unless it’s inside the case) what any ride would based on in Place Cachee. All distinctive buildings aren’t there that I know of (the cemetery, Flamel’s house, the ministry). Only notable structure is the circus arcanus and that only lends itself to a show.

Also, I wonder if they’d make male Beauxbatons attires for the Beauxbaton uniform shop. They have one on that potter app game so we have an idea of what they could look like (essentially a baby blue suit with normal blue accents)

Last edited:
True, but even if the other Hogsmeade's they've developed over the years they could likely fit it in somewhere I would think. Now THAT I think you could almost advertise as an attraction in itself. No clue if this could work, but it'd be amazing to have the kitchen underneath and have dropdown tables that can put your food right infront of you to pull off the "magic" part of things. It'd be a cool thing for sure.
Or a logistic and safety nightmare that the lawyers never will approve. Give me an upscale, art nouveau style, restaurant and I am fine.
That mentioned "drop tower" is the "interactieve tower ride" patent, right? Anyway, except for Nintendo we can only guess, I'm sure it will be amazing with their current track record for Potter but I have still hope for something that the whole family can enjoy, just like the books.

The drinking griffon I assume would be the main restaurant in the land

As for the interactive wands in Cosme Acajor, I think it’s save to say it’ll be

Definite: Newt, Tina, Queenie, Dumbledore, Grindelwald (Elder Wand), Theseus, Vinda Rosier, Seraphina Piquery, Eulalie Hicks, Flamel, Bunty

Probably but unsure: Leta

Maybe but doubt it: Skender, Grimmel, Yusuf Kama, Abernathy, Perceval Graves

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.