Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t remember anyone saying they cut a flying ride.
I could be misspoken but I believe Alicia or someone posted on here saying they were looking into other options. Who knows though. Id love to fly on toothless honestly so I hope something like that happens.

I have a bad feeling about How to Train Your Dragon land. We got permits for Nintendo, and I've at least heard murmurs about the other two lands... but not a peep about HTTYD since the official Epic Universe concept art was released. Radio silence.
Oh no. Please no.

edit: sorry for double post, not sure how to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have to wonder if they decided to cut anything, or possible add a Nintendo property instead of HTTYD? Should be interesting to find out more. Looking at what Universal has to work with, it seems prime for a land there.

"I read all about it on the internet. That makes me an expert on the subject."

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned or not but there seems to be a good buzz around The Witcher. I’ve not watched it but from what I’ve seen, it looks like it could make a good theme park IP. Not for EU obviously but somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, the antivaxx motto.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned or not but there seems to be a good buzz around The Witcher. I’ve not watched it but from what I’ve seen, it looks like it could make a good theme park IP. Not for EU obviously but somewhere.

It was mentioned on the other page. The franchise has legs with a lot of books, games, and now the show behind it. Only "problem" is that the center of mass for the fandom is in east Europe.

I have a bad feeling about How to Train Your Dragon land. We got permits for Nintendo, and I've at least heard murmurs about the other two lands... but not a peep about HTTYD since the official Epic Universe concept art was released. Radio silence.

Always thought HTTYD would fit nicely as a replacement for what's left of LC (I wish it could replace just the Bazaar).

So do we have any ideas about what might be in UCM area?

I'd say that this could be because this land isn't exactly.... how do I put this... as big as the others? Not in a land space way of course, but because the rides there aren't revolutionary or big. It'll be some flat rides, a family coaster (probably a Gestlauer family coaster if I had to guess), and an E-ticket that's using an already familiar ride-system like Spider-Man.

The other lands are SNW (which we see on permits and we already know practically everything about), Classic Monsters (probably the most ambitious land), and Fantastic Beasts (which should have two mega-E-tickets and is mostly indoors). Those lands are special in their own ways. HTTYD, while still great, will be like Suess Landing. Fun, but nothing special.

Of course, this is assuming that you haven't heard anything for a reason. It could be a case where Universal is just super tight-lipped on that part of the project.

Reactions: Mike S
Let me preface this by saying I don't think any of the four lands are going to be cut. Nor should any of them be cut.

That said... if they had to cut one... HTTYD is the one that wouldn't hurt me to lose. Soarin' Over Berk (if that's what it ends up being in the ballpark of) doesn't interest me, and unless the coaster is packed with numerous full-size dragon animatronics, I'm not too enticed by that, either.

Let me preface this by saying I don't think any of the four lands are going to be cut. Nor should any of them be cut.

That said... if they had to cut one... HTTYD is the one that wouldn't hurt me to lose. Soarin' Over Berk (if that's what it ends up being in the ballpark of) doesn't interest me, and unless the coaster is packed with numerous full-size dragon animatronics, I'm not too enticed by that, either.

Sure, maybe HTTYD isn't the best land in the park. But here's the thing: the majority of the kid-friendly rides, shows, and attractions will probably be in this land, as well as a lot of flat rides that any good theme park needs. This land will also be the closest thing we have to a natural land, as all the other sections of the park are built around cities, or, in Nintendo's case, a cartoon artstyle. Berk will have lots of rockwork, lots of water, lots of foilage. It'll probably be reminiscent of Pandora when all is said and done.

I'd go so far as to say that HTTYD is the second-most important land in the park.

Well I’d now be devastated if we lost this land. I think the land itself will end up being the sell here. Should be wonderful ambiance and immersion. I don’t think we know enough about the rides yet but I can’t imagine we don’t get a Toothless AA somewhere. Especially the coaster, although that may end up being specifcslly Viking themed and the other major ride is a Toothless themed one.

But ya, this is likely the least “evolutionary” of all the lands.

Not a single IP in this park has any nostalgia or interest from me but I’d be sad to see HTTYD go.

If I had to pick one, I could do without Fantastic Beasts. Not that it won’t be good because Universal have always delivered but the Wizarding World is starting to feel like overkill at this point.

Reactions: Aardvark787
I'd say that this could be because this land isn't exactly.... how do I put this... as big as the others? Not in a land space way of course, but because the rides there aren't revolutionary or big. It'll be some flat rides, a family coaster (probably a Gestlauer family coaster if I had to guess), and an E-ticket that's using an already familiar ride-system like Spider-Man.

The other lands are SNW (which we see on permits and we already know practically everything about), Classic Monsters (probably the most ambitious land), and Fantastic Beasts (which should have two mega-E-tickets and is mostly indoors). Those lands are special in their own ways. HTTYD, while still great, will be like Suess Landing. Fun, but nothing special.

Of course, this is assuming that you haven't heard anything for a reason. It could be a case where Universal is just super tight-lipped on that part of the project.

Seuss might not have the most innovative of rides but the design of the area is brilliant.

We have 3 1/2 years till this opens, to hear a twig snap and think massive parts of this project are cancelled or delayed is beyond over reacting. Y'all need to chill.

I’m not saying it’s canceled. Just saying I’ve heard a lot about a couple of the lands, seen some stuff about the other, but nothing about the Dragons. It’s possible I just don’t have any contacts that know anyone involved in that land (totally possible) or maybe it’s such a simple land that work hasn’t even started yet, or, maybe, things could’ve changed and we just haven’t heard about it yet. Either way, it can be fun to speculate—and I was mostly putting it out there to see if anyone else had heard anything. I often put out feelers to see what might be what. Got some pretty well informed folks around these parts after all.

Sure, maybe HTTYD isn't the best land in the park. But here's the thing: the majority of the kid-friendly rides, shows, and attractions will probably be in this land, as well as a lot of flat rides that any good theme park needs. This land will also be the closest thing we have to a natural land, as all the other sections of the park are built around cities, or, in Nintendo's case, a cartoon artstyle. Berk will have lots of rockwork, lots of water, lots of foilage. It'll probably be reminiscent of Pandora when all is said and done.

I'd go so far as to say that HTTYD is the second-most important land in the park.

Well, sure, if we're talking overall importance to creating a balanced theme park lineup that has appeal for families.

My assessment was purely personal, based on the types of attractions that I enjoy.

As I said, I don't think it would be wise for any of the major lands to be cut.

Not a single IP in this park has any nostalgia or interest from me but I’d be sad to see HTTYD go.

If I had to pick one, I could do without Fantastic Beasts. Not that it won’t be good because Universal have always delivered but the Wizarding World is starting to feel like overkill at this point.

See, to me, Fantastic Beasts seems poised to deliver two mega dark rides, and since that's my preferred style of theme park attraction, I would be displeased if those were cut.

My take, for over speculating, is that the attractions for HTTYD are likely nothing out of this world. Not to say they’re bad but when you compare them to technologically groundbreaking attractions and that land doesn’t have one and the trilogy is over you can see why there is a little less discussion around. Probably the least “hyped” around insiders and people working on the project and the fans overall. I’m sure it’ll be lovely but it likely won’t deliver anything too much more than we would already expect. So, what’s there to discuss?

Reactions: Magic-Man
I would line up for a naked bathtub photo opp with Geralt and Yennefer for sure. :exclap:

It was mentioned on the other page. The franchise has legs with a lot of books, games, and now the show behind it. Only "problem" is that the center of mass for the fandom is in east Europe.
The games have sold over 40 million copies worldwide and the books are translated in 23 languages. With the Netflix series it's reaching even a bigger demographic. So I don't think that is the problem. The fact that it is made for adults is. In that regard LotR and Hobbit would be a much better fit. I don't see this ip coming to a theme park.

Status
Not open for further replies.