Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone thought that when Haunted Mansion opened with the same tech as Adventures Through Inner Space?
True, but the Kuka Arm I felt was made specifically for a Potter flight type ride. It fits Potter so perfectly and uniquely, an omnimover isn’t very unique plus it doesn’t have a connection the ride where as flying in Harry Potter during a quidditch match does.

True, but the Kuka Arm I felt was made specifically for a Potter flight type ride. It fits Potter so perfectly and uniquely, an omnimover isn’t very unique plus it doesn’t have a connection the ride where as flying in Harry Potter during a quidditch match does.
Except the ride design was originally intended for...

wait

Van Helsing?

Really?

It was made for Van Hellsing.

As in Hugh Jackman Van Hellsing, or just the character in general? I had never heard that before and am sorry it never came to be. Unashamedly love the movie fore the cheesy camp that it is.

I think as long as they make the interior/movement of the arm, perhaps do something different with the ride vehicles it will feel unique.

I don't know why but I don't feel like Kong is that much like F&F at all, but I really feel the similarities between Transformers and Spiderman. Love them both, but they really feel similar..

I mean I never feel like Haunted Mansion is like Spaceship Earth/Little Mermaid/Buzz Lightyear because the track layouts/length/themes are all so different.

I think as long as they make the interior/movement of the arm, perhaps do something different with the ride vehicles it will feel unique.

I don't know why but I don't feel like Kong is that much like F&F at all, but I really feel the similarities between Transformers and Spiderman. Love them both, but they really feel similar..

I mean I never feel like Haunted Mansion is like Spaceship Earth/Little Mermaid/Buzz Lightyear because the track layouts/length/themes are all so different.
That’s because unlike the other rides Transformers has scenes purposely designed to be similar to Spider-Man.

As in Hugh Jackman Van Hellsing, or just the character in general? I had never heard that before and am sorry it never came to be. Unashamedly love the movie fore the cheesy camp that it is.
Yep. Hugh Jackman.

They decided against it when the box office was what it was.
Giggling over here at unintentional bad word in post
“Unintentional”

This is totally out of left field. But...

Considering that Universal tried it before in Japan...

...the fact that Universal owns the rights to Wicked...

...the fact that Disney no longer has ties with the property...

...and the fact that Universal seems to have excellent ties with Warner Brothers in the US (Harry Potter, Scooby Doo, The Shining) and seeing that it more than likely won't go to Six Flags due to brand integrity...

Wouldn't a re-theme of Berk to Oz make a LOT of sense, or even as an addition on the expansion pad?

Flying Attraction (No brainer. Make it Glinda's Bubbles, or a Hot Air Balloon, or a flight on a broomstick from the Wicked Witch's castle. Or even Dorothy's house, if properly placed.)
Splash Battle (This could be a boat ride through the swamps of the Forest, or be transformed into a Fantasyland-style Dark Ride, or any number of attractions.)
Heavily-Themed Coaster (Themed, again, to one of the flying apparatus in the film, or even something original, like... say, Tin Man's Amazing Invention. A Scarecrow CropDuster. I dunno. It wouldn't be so difficult.)
Emerald City Theater, hosting a show that can definitively destroy every show currently on Disney property, a 1 hour and a half version of Wicked, complete with concessions, a Oztastic Beauty Boutique to get made over as Dorothy did, a merch store where they will make thousands of dollars a day...

Plus, this could truly be the Pandora of Universal, with Munchkinland's luminescent flowers, the creepy HHN-style Forest, and the Emerald City itself glowing and sparkling. The scenery is arguably just as breathtaking as Berk, and as there are few overhead shots in the movie, the terrain itself can have a lot of creative liberty.

The instagrams of giant lollipops and munchkin sweets, walking down the iconic Yellow Brick Road spiral, and the photos of millennial friend groups facing the emerald city, arms linked, would be instantly recognizable and rival even the best photos in Diagon Alley.

Not to say that Berk would be bad, but... if Uni wants to stick it to Disney by building a park where each land has a castle... this would be the bet. If Uni wants a beloved IP that has stuck with us like Snow White and Mickey Mouse, this would be the Princess-killer.

EDIT: Universal has come very far since 2011, and by utilizing the seminal Warner Brothers property they could go all in on the wish-fulfillment of the land and not be forced into creating off-brand lookalikes and flat-looking buildings, instead creating a truly realized land.

Universal Studio Japan Land of OZ

Last edited:
Ugh, not another Oz prediction. I don't see that happening. Ever. The rights are too complicated, and several companies have made Oz movies (including Disney). Also, it might be a classic, but I view it like I view Jaws and BTTF: Not modern theme park material.

Yikes, didn't realize it was predicted very often. I'm aware many companies have made movies about it, which is why I suggested they specifically gun for the WB/old MGM adaptation. I can see the rights becoming complicated due to the Wicked/original movie crossover, though. And Snow White got a new ride quite recently. Nostalgia has been the name of the game recently - I just suggest it because it fills a gap that Universal's yet been able to fill - female-driven stories. Unless, of course, you count Princess Peach literally driving a kart. Berk has been called "EU's Fantasyland" quite often, it just made sense to me, along with the mystery of the permits.

Anyway, I apologize for beating a dead horse.

Yikes, didn't realize it was predicted very often. I'm aware many companies have made movies about it, which is why I suggested they specifically gun for the WB/old MGM adaptation. And Snow White got a new ride quite recently. Nostalgia has been the name of the game recently - I just suggest it because it fills a gap that Universal's yet been able to fill - female-driven stories. Unless, of course, you count Princess Peach literally driving a kart. Berk has been called "EU's Fantasyland" quite often, it just made sense to me, along with the mystery of the permits.

Not your fault. Everyone always predicts this though, and I just can't see it happening.

Yikes, didn't realize it was predicted very often. I'm aware many companies have made movies about it, which is why I suggested they specifically gun for the WB/old MGM adaptation. I can see the rights becoming complicated due to the Wicked/original movie crossover, though. And Snow White got a new ride quite recently. Nostalgia has been the name of the game recently - I just suggest it because it fills a gap that Universal's yet been able to fill - female-driven stories. Unless, of course, you count Princess Peach literally driving a kart. Berk has been called "EU's Fantasyland" quite often, it just made sense to me, along with the mystery of the permits.

Not your fault. Everyone always predicts this though, and I just can't see it happening.
I mean, it’s fair game speculation. Depending on how well the Wicked movie is received, it’s something that could easily fit in a few different capacities.

Is Oz on the table now? I don’t think so. But that doesn’t mean it’s not within arm’s reach.

EDIT - I think Doolittle is sitting in a similar place.

Status
Not open for further replies.