Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, it's kinda.... underwhelming to me? I thought there was going to be more flat rides, and the lack of a major dark ride stands out, especially when you consider that Nintendo has two dark rides.

Why waste the giant building on a stage show? Where's the other kid friendly flats? Why is the splash battle so short?

Idk, consider me hyped. I think the show makes perfect sense for this type of property, plus we don't have a ton of shows currently rumored for this park.
The coaster sounds awesome and could be insanely well themed, I can't wait.

The flying simulator sounds nice. Ive never been on FOP, so I cannot compare but I do understand the inevitable comparisons will be made. Universal needs to make it feel like we're riding on an AA to really make it stand out, as well as having the screen below you. Add in the HTTYD music and I honestly think this will be fun.

Flat rides sound fun for both kids and adults, which tends to always be Universal's goal. There's also a play area mentioned which is likely not going to have a flat but who knows it may include one. Idk, sign me up!

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I think it's a solid package too. In total, including the two Sky Fly's, the Dual-loading coaster, the Mack Interactive Boat system, the flight theater, and the show; it's a diverse package that should have things that vary for all sizes.

Could there of been 1 or 2 more flats for smaller sizes? Probably. But I do think the play area will also help fill the void. And compared to any of the other area's so-far, this one's trying to balance itself out as a mixture of everything.

An additional note: perhaps @Alicia can correct me, but it look's like the Mack boat attraction's attraction, will be lower to the ground, and in doing so; part of the extended queue will go under a bridge.

1579534810935.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an interesting detail.

Last edited:
So many questions!
Like what is the maze looking thing in the middle of the coaster?

also- there’s a toothless dragon in the play area!

I think it's a solid package too. In total, including the two Sky Fly's, the Dual-loading coaster, the Mack Interactive Boat system, the flight theater, and the show; it's a diverse package that should have things that vary for all sizes.

Could there of been 1 or 2 more flats for smaller sizes? Probably. But I do think the play area will also help fill the void. And compared to any of the other area's so-far, this one's trying to balance itself out as a mixture of everything.
Ya, every type of theme park guest will be able to do something here. Perfect for all ages. I’m sold.
Plus, Universal’s scenery work lately has just been A+, I cannot wait to see what Berk looks like on real life!!

Not going to lie, it's kinda.... underwhelming to me? I thought there was going to be more flat rides, and the lack of a major dark ride stands out, especially when you consider that Nintendo has two dark rides.

Why waste the giant building on a stage show? Where's the other kid friendly flats? Why is the splash battle so short?
There may still be more flat rides, but they would be smaller kiddie rides and not really stand out on the plans. I think the boat ride is bigger than it seems on these plans. And I am really hoping for show scenes in a couple of the indoor coaster sections.

But to be honest, with the size of the theater building, I am excited for a massive live stage show for this property. It really would lend itself well to that format.

As for dark rides/enclosed rides... given that every other land is stacked with them, I don't mind one land focusing more on outdoor attractions.

And themed coasters are always welcome.

I really want to believe that is a flying theater, but I am honestly still not sure... It could be a gigantic sit-down restaurant for all we know. The other structures were so much easier to get a grasp on in the plans. The height of this one is the only thing keeping my mind on flying theater.

So many questions!
Like what is the maze looking thing in the middle of the coaster?

also- there’s a toothless dragon in the play area!
The maze is the coaster queue... I thought maze at first too. But, just the queue. I think it'll have props and stuff to look at in the middle, hence the round design around empty space there.

Here's hoping for some awnings over it though.

Reactions: Andysol
So, I didn't get into it in the story, as it is just speculation, but, I have a thought...

Perhaps all of the outdoor attractions are meant to be Dragon training classes. Flying lessons on the Sky Fly and coaster. Battle lessons on the Splash Battle, with targets set up around the course. And various tasks throughout the play areas.

All leading to the indoor ride where you actually get to fly a dragon "for real".

And down at the very bottom of the land is the show and meet and greets, where you can get to meet your teachers and learn about their story. So you get some narrative, passive fun, in a show too.

It kind of reminds me of the Legoland City themed lands, where you go to "Flying School" (suspended coaster,) Driving School (Autopia type attraction,) and Boating School, etc.

I think this land will be very much our journey to learn "How to Train Your Dragon" and that's neat.

@Alicia - a small request. What are you thinking the entrances of the land will be? All I can make out is the one on the top left hand side.

The two site-plans so far certainly don’t appear that the lands will connect; just like Diagon. This looks like it will be a “hub only” park and not hub and spoke; which we’ve never seen before.

also- B1816- are those boats? Looks like it on blueprint but can only see one on the concept art. Guessing restaurant?

@Alicia - a small request. What are you thinking the entrances of the land will be? All I can make out is the one on the top left hand side.

The two site-plans so far certainly don’t appear that the lands will connect; just like Diagon. This looks like it will be a “hub only” park and not hub and spoke; which we’ve never seen before.

also- B1816- are those boats? Curious if that’s an attraction or restaurant.
Boats appear to be static. Might be for decoration only or for exploring. No idea on the structure in front of it. If for exploring that would be the entry point. If boats are just for show, it could be a gift shop. But probably not a ride as no queue.

Entrances for the two lands permitted so far definitely seem to be only one way in/out. Nintendo and might have their own additional side paths for exit only, like Diagon, but this one really seems like one way in/out... but at least this one has a bigger opening than Nintendo's tight warp pipe.

Entrances for the two lands permitted so far definitely seem to be only one way in/out. Nintendo and might have their own additional side paths for exit only, like Diagon, but this one really seems like one way in/out... but at least this one has a bigger opening than Nintendo's tight warp pipe.
Definitely.

It will certainly have its pros and cons being completely self contained lands with no transitions.

Cons being the ease of navigation from one land the the other and having the entire land be a dead end. That will certainly lead to more walking and constant congestion at the entrance of every land (see: Diagon).

Pros being an awe inspiring entrance to essentially every land and complete escapism (see: Diagon).

And the huge pro for Universal will be that it will create amazing photo spots for every land. Much like Diagon has that “Diagon picture” right at the entrance, these lands will have the same at their entrances. Especially considering they will be designed for grandness at your first look. This will create a massive buzz for the land and is brilliant from Universal’s standpoint. But in reality, it’s going to be a cluster F of people standing with their jaws on the floor or snapping pics all the time at every entrance.

So there’s definitely a trade off. It will be less efficient and effective in practical application for people, like most of us, who go to the parks a lot. But for the first time visitor and Social media; it’s going to be a massive win. And considering their goal is to move towards the “resort 5 day long stay” and Disney alternative instead of their current Disney add-on and locals park current stance, this is the right move and the correct focus for what end game they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.