Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rumor on if one of these will end up being a value resort? I’d hope for one on the plot that’s not connected to the park. Could build it in tower style like Surfside and Dockside, original concept too.

Any rumor on if one of these will end up being a value resort? I’d hope for one on the plot that’s not connected to the park. Could build it in tower style like Surfside and Dockside, original concept too.
Just from looking at room count, I think we are looking at 2 preferred and one premier. Universal likes for their value and prime value resorts to be quite large. Cabana Bay and Dockside both have over 2,000 rooms. Although, Surfside has 750 rooms, so who knows. We could be looking at one premier, one preferred, and one value. But something tells me that it will be one premier and 2 preferred.

Just from looking at room count, I think we are looking at 2 preferred and one premier. Universal likes for their value and prime value resorts to be quite large. Cabana Bay and Dockside both have over 2,000 rooms. Although, Surfside has 750 rooms, so who knows. We could be looking at one premier, one preferred, and one value. But something tells me that it will be one premier and 2 preferred.

I get the impression that a value will be built at some stage but not soon.

The new hotels are going to be in high demand and can demand a higher price so it would be silly not to build a higher tier hotel.

Ya I can see that. This park will be in high demand and they want to capitalize. I’d think they like having the options for Value resorts but those are covered at the moment and have brought guests to the resort. Was hoping for one with an EU view for opening but, one day.

Ya I can see that. This park will be in high demand and they want to capitalize. I’d think they like having the options for Value resorts but those are covered at the moment and have brought guests to the resort. Was hoping for one with an EU view for opening but, one day.
There will be more stuff coming to the south campus after all this stuff we are talking about now.

Back on villagers with pitch forks and torches. If a shrek land was to be adjacent to CM. You would have a warning sign ogre this way. there could have been a path through a swamp to the ogre's house. In the shrek land a sign pointing to villagers with pitchforks this way. This would be a backdoor to the lands or short cut. Or even just a mini land inside the main land.

Universal Vacation Club Resorts ;) :lol: ...
While I really don't want UOR to become an off brand, and different Disney, I do kinda want some sort of vacation club membership thing. I don't believe they offer it now unless I've just done poor research. Benefits for week long stays, dining credits, maybe 1 day free at a/the parks. Rewards, etc. I feel they've gotten big enough that they can reward vacation club members with special Wizarding World experiences or special Nintendo experiences and so on and so forth. Maybe this is too "Disney" though.

While I really don't want UOR to become an off brand, and different Disney, I do kinda want some sort of vacation club membership thing. I don't believe they offer it now unless I've just done poor research. Benefits for week long stays, dining credits, maybe 1 day free at a/the parks. Rewards, etc. I feel they've gotten big enough that they can reward vacation club members with special Wizarding World experiences or special Nintendo experiences and so on and so forth. Maybe this is too "Disney" though.
No, they don't have one presently. Just the obnoxious time share guys that rent their spots in the park....I was definitely just joking. I really wouldn't want to see Universal tie up rooms with a DVC type program.

Ive likely said this before but honestly from just the little we know now it really feels like this is a multi day park. SNW seems very easy to spend an entire day in. The past 2 wizarding worlds have offered that kind of experience, I don't expect that to change for Fantastic Beasts for whatever that entails. So thats at least 1 full day or 2 days.

HTTYD seems like a perfect place to go first thing. Id think a lot of families will head right to Nintendo, and people going to the right side of the park will go to Fantastic Beasts. HTTYD feels perfect for a morning to mid/late afternoon park. Easy rides to get yourself going, likely not crazy wait times, hopefully an hour long show or so.

Then, at nighttime head over to Frankenstein's Village. Again I'm expecting like you MadDog for there to be loads of streetmoshpere around. Add in a major ride, a quality dining experience, and a show, again, easy to spend an entire afternoon and evening there.

I know I'm a massive Universal fan and theme park fan so ill try to do EVERYTHING these places offer, but even just looking at ride count, equating in wait times, shows, interactive elements, The Hub, dining, this feels like a mutliday park where I currently feel objectively you can't say that about Islands of Adventure or USF. IOA is the closest thing they have right now to a multi day park experience. But if it rains, so many things there get shut down.

Epic Universe is going to have lots and lots of diversity in their lineup right at opening which should only be there benefit. Hopefully some more of those week long vacations they're hoping for indeed do happen. Sure seems like they're building the right park for it.

My brain says head right to HTTYD....but my heart says run to Super Mario Kart.:drool: This is definitely a 2 day park....especially for a first time visit. I'm figuring 2 lands per day with Hub mixed in both days. I definitely think that "the crowds" will head to SNW at rope drop. The layout of this park definitely allows you to go either clockwise of counterclockwise. SNW and HTTYD will be the 2 early morning/afternoon lands.....CM & FB will be the 2 late afternoon/evening lands.

No, they don't have one presently. Just the obnoxious time share guys that rent their spots in the park....I was definitely just joking. I really wouldn't want to see Universal tie up rooms with a DVC type program.
I just dedicate a new hotel to it, I don't think the demand for it would be incredibly hight at Universal. Just my take. Something along the size of Aventura. But maybe since I'm not a Disney vacationer really I'm just jealous of the DVC thing haha. A few people I know are DVC members and they like it for the benefits and getting to know a lot of the same cast members over the years. It'd be cool to have something like that here, but I'm still kinda with ya.

My brain says head right to HTTYD....but my heart says run to Super Mario Kart.:drool: This is definitely a 2 day park....especially for a first time visit. I'm figuring 2 lands per day with Hub mixed in both days. I definitely think that "the crowds" will head to SNW at rope drop. The layout of this park definitely allows you to go either clockwise of counterclockwise. SNW and HTTYD will be the 2 early morning/afternoon lands.....CM & FB will be the 2 late afternoon/evening lands.
Yep, I think you got it head on. SNW in the mornings sounds like utter mayhem especially since the land itself isn't necessarily large. Im going to want to give it some time for people to get into that Mario Kart queue and the crowds are spread out a bit more.

Easy way to look at this, is Universal considers both Wizarding Worlds to be a day or multi day experience. We're getting 4 lands here to that size/quality. Defitnetley a 2-3 day park for me at the very least from the get go.

Funny enough a good friend of mine who's been to the Wizarding World once, except Diagon, but goes every year with family to Disney, were chatting last night about this park and he didn't know much about it. I basically ran through what I know from here. His main reaction was "HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts seem really random". Which I feel most people will think, frankly, and sadly lol. But I went into detail how it at least seems as if the lands are going to be Potter quality, I showed him some HTTYD images from the films, went thru what we know of rides for all the lands, and he was like "Oh damn I am SOLD" after we went through it all. Only 1 person to poll from, but from a Disney guests, he's said he's definitely going to visit along with his family. Its just simply impressive at least on paper what it sounds like Universal is trying to accomplish here.

Status
Not open for further replies.