Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monsters won’t show up in Islands. If it comes to Orlando outside of EU, I think it’s replacing MiB.

And Berk in Lost Continent would be a significant downgrade and require a massive rework. LC doesn’t have that much space.

Monsters won’t show up in Islands. If it comes to Orlando outside of EU, I think it’s replacing MiB.

And Berk in Lost Continent would be a significant downgrade and require a massive rework. LC doesn’t have that much space.
Monsters, Nintendo, and Diagon in USF sounds wonderful.

I mean, the only major thing they would have to trash is the coaster. The Sky-Fly's, the Splash Battle, the show, the main restaurant, and the play area could reasonably fit (although it would obviously be a different layout to Epic Universe). Also, I could never see Monsters going to USF, it would look way too out of place (at least Nintendo is hidden behind fake hills and Springfield, what would hide Monsters?).

I mean, the only major thing they would have to trash is the coaster. The Sky-Fly's, the Splash Battle, the show, the main restaurant, and the play area could reasonably fit (although it would obviously be a different layout to Epic Universe). Also, I could never see Monsters going to USF, it would look way too out of place (at least Nintendo is hidden behind fake hills and Springfield, what would hide Monsters?).
The same thing that’s hiding it in EU?

Agree about Monsters, disagree about Berk.

Who knows when they’ll have the budget for this stuff, of course.

There’s too much up in the air with everything going on to know what the plan is outside of an EU pause. There’s still a chance things get better and tourism revives sufficiently to turn this is into only a 2 year delay.

This lines up with nothing I’ve heard.
I talked to my friend again. He stands by his assessment of the situation. He went on to say that they are considering pausing SNW construction in Hollywood for 6 months and throwing all financial resources at fast tracking Orlando's SNW. Comcast wants a BIG national ad campaign to bring people back to the parks.

I talked to my friend again. He stands by his assessment of the situation. He went on to say that they are considering pausing SNW construction in Hollywood for 6 months and throwing all financial resources at fast tracking Orlando's SNW. Comcast wants a BIG national ad campaign to bring people back to the parks.

If this is true, then man, this definitely could have been worse. DK definitely isn't coming opening year though.

They do love their shared ad campaigns so this makes sense. Opening up on both coasts at same time would be awesome This doesn't seem like an IP they can sit on much longer and wait for a new park when you don't even know if/when that park is coming.

They do love their shared ad campaigns so this makes sense. Opening up on both coasts at same time would be awesome This doesn't seem like an IP they can sit on much longer and wait for a new park when you don't even know if/when that park is coming.

Exactly. If you want the know the power of Nintendo, just look at Switch sales right now. It's having a record year and it's sold out almost constantly.

A lot of what @Disneyhead is saying I heard last night as well. Sounds to me like even if Universal didn’t want to build Nintendo in Orlando right at this moment, they don’t have a choice. They’re contractually obligated to have the lands open by a certain time or something.

No way they can wait for a (massively) delayed Epic Universe to open SNW in Orlando, so that leaves somewhere in the other two parks. I haven’t heard where or when, but I think you all know where the where makes the most sense.

If I were to guess, DK would be held off for a phase 2 to save money, obviously.

These decisions are still being made right now, and what was true Thursday all changed yesterday. And it can all change again Monday. But I’d say right now, SNW at KidsZone looks to be back on the table.

A lot of what @Disneyhead is saying I heard last night as well. Sounds to me like even if Universal didn’t want to build Nintendo in Orlando right at this moment, they don’t have a choice. They’re contractually obligated to have the lands open by a certain time or something.

No way they can wait for a (massively) delayed Epic Universe to open SNW in Orlando, so that leaves somewhere in the other two parks. I haven’t heard where or when, but I think you all know where the where makes the most sense.

If I were to guess, DK would be held off for a phase 2 to save money, obviously.

These decisions are still being made right now, and what was true Thursday all changed yesterday. And it can all change again Monday. But I’d say right now, SNW at KidsZone looks to be back on the table.
@Mike S redeemed ;)

Or is he? If they had just built it in Kidzone from the beginning, the land would already be open :lol:
It was rumored for 2021 with those original plans. Always planned to open after Japan. Japan has to be first.

With DK planned from the start for the original KidsZone plans, that would explain the longer build time and why they were starting as early as they were. (Plus, time for demolishing KidsZone of course.)

He didn't mention DK, but for expediency and cost, I can see Orlando opening with what Tokyo is opening with.
You're making some people on this forum very happy, if this plays out....So, Universal flies an exorcist in from the Vatican (special govt. approval of course) into USF to perform an exorcism on the
'Kidzone Kurse'. That done, they can pull the old Nintendo Kid Zone construction walls out of mothballs and start putting them up within the next few months. ;) :)

It was rumored for 2021 with those original plans. Always planned to open after Japan. Japan has to be first.

With DK planned from the start for the original KidsZone plans, that would explain the longer build time and why they were starting as early as they were. (Plus, time for demolishing KidsZone of course.)

In that case--would they opt in and start as early as Fall/Winter 2020, and go Transformers in construction timeline speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.