Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree also rules (shame they ruined it with Swirling Saucers in Orlando)

I was going to mention Mater as well, heck even the newish Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters at DCA is pretty decent.

I think Uni/Dis know these are popular attractions, they just seem to be easier to cut in the first round of budgeting.

I was going to mention Mater as well, heck even the newish Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters at DCA is pretty decent.

I think Uni/Dis know these are popular attractions, they just seem to be easier to cut in the first round of budgeting.
The problem with both UC and WDI is theyd rather spend untold millions on an effect in a dark ride that you only see for a few seconds that half the time ends up breaking down to never be fixed instead of spending that money on another ride to expand a park’s capacity.

Love both these companies, but not having enough rides in their parks is a huge blind spot they both have

The problem with both UC and WDI is theyd rather spend untold millions on an effect in a dark ride that you only see for a few seconds that half the time ends up breaking down to never be fixed instead of spending that money on another ride to expand a park’s capacity.

I'm with you on this, love special effects, but there's a point where you have to question their existence and whether it's cost-effective.

Probably the last thing on anyone's mind regarding Epic Universe, but do we yet know if there will be an arcade and/or midway games? Universal can't make Epic Universe too high-class, right? Need to tacky it up a bit to keep giving Six Flags and Cedar Fair a run for their money?

And I half-joke about this knowing my kids LOVE visiting the arcade and midway games and burning a giant hole in my wallet every time we visit Universal Orlando. And I oblige.

I’ll guess there could be some kind of games in HTTYD, and possibly Monsters since they’re owned by Universal, and they won’t have the additional revenue of wands and power up bands.

Maybe they’ll each have some kind of interactive add ons as well, but if not, themed games like JP and Simpsons have would not be unexpected.

I’ll guess there could be some kind of games in HTTYD, and possibly Monsters since they’re owned by Universal, and they won’t have the additional revenue of wands and power up bands.

Maybe they’ll each have some kind of interactive add ons as well, but if not, themed games like JP and Simpsons have would not be unexpected.

I was going to come to the same answer, but from the other end. We already know that it's extremely unlikely in SNW and WW from prior buildouts. I think the hub could have some as well.

They could be in the hub too. Plenty of space.

Probably the last thing on anyone's mind regarding Epic Universe, but do we yet know if there will be an arcade and/or midway games? Universal can't make Epic Universe too high-class, right? Need to tacky it up a bit to keep giving Six Flags and Cedar Fair a run for their money?

And I half-joke about this knowing my kids LOVE visiting the arcade and midway games and burning a giant hole in my wallet every time we visit Universal Orlando. And I oblige.

I hope not, I find them tacky unless they are properly integrated like the ones in Springfield. Maybe HTTYD could fit some "training games" but I can't see them in other lands.

Years ago at Busch Gardens Williamsburg they had an area called Threadneedle Faire which was kind of Ren-Faire themed with "rustic" games which were versions of regular theme parks games of skill but in the style that fit a Ren-Faire. Similar things would fit HTTYD and Monsters quite easily.

Derek Burgan, is that you? ;)

Years ago at Busch Gardens Williamsburg they had an area called Threadneedle Faire which was kind of Ren-Faire themed with "rustic" games which were versions of regular theme parks games of skill but in the style that fit a Ren-Faire. Similar things would fit HTTYD and Monsters quite easily.
I remember that well. Looked, and felt, like a village out of England's middle ages. Cast was dressed for the period, and like the other country areas when BGW was great, they all used English accents.

I honestly don't hate that idea. If there's a way to organically integrate custom, themed games into How to Drain Your Dragon Land, I wouldn't be opposed.

Exactly this, well-themed/executed games are fine as long as they aren't forced in like the games over at Jurassic Park.

Exactly this, well-themed/executed games are fine as long as they aren't forced in like the games over at Jurassic Park.
But, they work in Jurassic Park because it is themed as a dinosaur theme park. There's an element of meta cheese there that works. If the idea that Monsters is themed as a kind of village turned tourist trap we could see the same kind of thing.

HTTYD on the other hand seems natural for games that the inhabitants would play as part of training which is what I assume the sky flyers will be as well-- "this is how we train you to ride a dragon before we let you ride a real one"

Status
Not open for further replies.