Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were up to me... I would create an interactive game that spans all 3 (or 4) of the theme parks where you have to catch them all... Similar to the Phinneas and Ferb Agent P game at Epcot. It could use a Pokedex that you have to buy though, like the wands. And like the wands you set off effects in windows or other hidden locations throughout each park. Like the Epcot game, an animatronic character can appear when you catch it. And it adds that Pokemon to your total. A simple prize can be redeemed for catching them all in the park at the end of the day... and an even awesomer prize for catching all in all 3 (or 4) parks.

Later, extra features could be added that allow you to trade with friends and battle them in special areas throughout the park. But to start, it's all about catching them.

But that's just what I would do.
I've got you.

An interactive Pokémon snap camera you purchase like the wands. You "catch em all" with the camera in hidden areas in the different parks, whether it be in a Nintendo/Pokémon part or not.

Have it linked to your universal account like they have in Volcano bay so that you can purchase the photos you take.

If it were up to me... I would create an interactive game that spans all 3 (or 4) of the theme parks where you have to catch them all... Similar to the Phinneas and Ferb Agent P game at Epcot. It could use a Pokedex that you have to buy though, like the wands. And like the wands you set off effects in windows or other hidden locations throughout each park. Like the Epcot game, an animatronic character can appear when you catch it. And it adds that Pokemon to your total. A simple prize can be redeemed for catching them all in the park at the end of the day... and an even awesomer prize for catching all in all 3 (or 4) parks.

Later, extra features could be added that allow you to trade with friends and battle them in special areas throughout the park. But to start, it's all about catching them.

But that's just what I would do.

In the spirit of the game and tv shows, Pokemon isn't just battling and trading. Its focus is the relationship between man and nature kinda. In the Pokemon games, there are gangs who want to control the world for the good of Pokemon as humans are ruining it. There are people in the games who don't battle because they love their Pokemon and don't want them hurt. So thinking at the aspect, to stay true to the games, a resort style park would be more so honest in regards.

Also battling pokemon wasn't just for fun, it was a way of income in the games. That's how you made money to buy supplies etc.

I've got you.

An interactive Pokémon snap camera you purchase like the wands. You "catch em all" with the camera in hidden areas in the different parks, whether it be in a Nintendo/Pokémon part or not.

Have it linked to your universal account like they have in Volcano bay so that you can purchase the photos you take.
Well I was just thinking a simple LCD screen pokedex, but they could sell a Pokemon Snap camera TOO!

Pokedex - Maybe retail at $49.99 (prizes you get at the end factored into price)

pokedex-kanto-1.jpg

In the spirit of the game and tv shows, Pokemon isn't just battling and trading. Its focus is the relationship between man and nature kinda. In the Pokemon games, there are gangs who want to control the world for the good of Pokemon as humans are ruining it. There are people in the games who don't battle because they love their Pokemon and don't want them hurt. So thinking at the aspect, to stay true to the games, a resort style park would be more so honest in regards.
Well, of course it still gets its own land. And maybe there you can nurture, care for, develop, and battle your captured Pokemon. But I think opening up the entire worlds of the parks to Pokemon hunting expands the visit-ability of the parks and makes for a more enriching experience... Like Magic Kingdoms Sorcerer game.

Reactions: jseal777
Well I was just thinking a simple LCD screen pokedex, but they could sell a Pokemon Snap camera TOO!

Pokedex - Maybe retail at $49.99 (prizes you get at the end factored into price)

View attachment 4872

If they did pokedex, they should do the Rotom Pokedex so everyone would also have a pokemon :) (The pokedex in Sun and Moon is powered by the electric pokemon Rotom and allows it to talk and communicate with you).

3382b1c2bda9a7488d29d5f91c95f9bc64f2c180_hq.jpg

Yeah Pokémon has so much to pull from. Snap, Safari, Pokedex, battling, training, centers, AA Pokémon. The only thing I want is no meet and greets with Pokémon themselves unless it's an AA or puppet version due to the size.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
I got one idea most of you guys aren't thinking about. Other than Nintendo, what if they brought other video game properties to the new Universal park? Warner Brothers is already making a Minecraft movie, it also owns Blumhouse, who is making a Five Nights at Freddy's movie, which already has theme park ride concept art out. Speaking of Blumhouse, why not make a horror themed land? Why not make a deal with Six Flags to bring DC Comics to the park? Add in a possible anime land, Nintendo properties, Potter, Dreamworks, and Jurassic Park, you have a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: tyro
Heroes, Villians, and Monsters. Oh, my.
Toto, I don't think we're in Disney anymore.

Ok so:

Castle Transylvania/Monsters dark ride central wennie

Hyrule

Emerald City: Flying Monkey Flying Coaster, Wicked, Munchinland with a carousel, tea cups,

Universal Federation of Space: HUGE Starship Enterprise, 400' Rocket Launch Coaster

DreamWorks Land

Reactions: E.Gadd and Mike S
Heroes, Villians, and Monsters. Oh, my.
Toto, I don't think we're in Disney anymore.

Ok so:

Castle Transylvania/Monsters dark ride central wennie

Hyrule

Emerald City: Flying Monkey Flying Coaster, Wicked, Munchinland with a carousel, tea cups,

Universal Federation of Space: HUGE Starship Enterprise, 400' Rocket Launch Coaster

DreamWorks Land
Umm, isn't Oz owned by Disney?

Good thing this park isn't just for LJ Gonz but for everyone. I don't like LOTR but I know it would make some people who I enjoy hanging out with at the parks happy so it doesn't bother me. Universal creating an amalgamation of IPs is what keeps Universal Great!

Pokémon is huge and it really doesn't matter if one person doesn't like it on the internet.

Pokémon is huge and has been huge for as long as Harry Potter.

I'm not saying that I want it out. I know that a lot of people like that and it's going to happen, just IMO I hate it lol.
Yea I agree. I think the fact that it's been removed from the KidsZone plans shows Universal has something bigger in mind for it. (Same with Zelda.)
Umm, what do you mean being removed from kidzone? SNW is going to be in kidzone.

I've got you.

Not to be rude, but didn't that just release on the app store a year ago? :look:

I got one idea most of you guys aren't thinking about. Other than Nintendo, what if they brought other video game properties to the new Universal park? Warner Brothers is already making a Minecraft movie, it also owns Blumhouse, who is making a Five Nights at Freddy's movie, which already has theme park ride concept art out. Speaking of Blumhouse, why not make a horror themed land? Why not make a deal with Six Flags to bring DC Comics to the park? Add in a possible anime land, Nintendo properties, Potter, Dreamworks, and Jurassic Park, you have a lot of possibilities.
Nobody owns Blumhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.