Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re missing a sci-fi area that includes Metroid.
First park expansion?
:clap::clap:.... but lotr.....
What if they didn't secure the rights?

Honestly? No thanks. Much prefer a mix of IPs instead of all Nintendo. Pokémon to Kidzone, Zelda to LC, and SNW to third. Kirby is blah.
Kirby's there for the kiddie rides.

I hate to be that guy, but I'd never want to see this happen. Because if the park is a bust, or if Nintendo loses popularity, what do you do then? Plus it's an entire park based on one licensed IP. What happens if they lose it?
I wouldn't count a whole park just for Nintendo out, considering this is the company who's second gate was almost Cartoon World. Stranger things have happened.

I wouldn't count a whole park just for Nintendo out, considering this is the company who's second gate was almost Cartoon World. Stranger things have happened.
That makes you think about how many bullets Universal dodged by both Vivendi and Stan Thomas having too much debt to actually build on the bulk of the 1800 acres.

If Vivendi actually had built 2 dry gates... what would they have been? A Cartoon World and a horror park? etc. You might have 2 gates that wouldn't be able to support themselves in the current IP driven market...

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Doesn’t need to be Nintendo for Diagon Level detail. This park will be that no matter what.

Centralized IP based lands yes. IP lands with multiple IPs unless they are based off culture like Far East, Africa, etc not so much and more likely come off like NFL while the theming is fine but its not like ohmergawd tear levels we see when people enter HP and to some extent Pandora.

Also a 60 acre park with Nintendo IPs would actually allow to some actual adventure interactive play for Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby and DK than a small 5-8 acre section where the ride takes up 2-5 acres leaving most to shops, walkways and backstage areas.

Centralized IP based lands yes. IP lands with multiple IPs unless they are based off culture like Far East, Africa, etc not so much and more likely come off like NFL while the theming is fine but its not like ohmergawd tear levels we see when people enter HP and to some extent Pandora.

Also a 60 acre park with Nintendo IPs would actually allow to some actual adventure interactive play for Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby and DK than a small 5-8 acre section where the ride takes up 2-5 acres leaving most to shops, walkways and backstage areas.

If they wanted to make the lands bigger, they could do it. It doesn't have to be part of an all-Nintendo park.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
If they wanted to make the lands bigger, they could do it. It doesn't have to be part of an all-Nintendo park.

Most of the existing parks already are landlocked and working with few remaining expansion pads. Of course they can make the lands bigger but they lose the option to add a new IP and will have to remove and replace other attractions...(Losing Jaws for Diagon. Loosing back to the future for Simpsons, etc). IOA only real free space with a non Universal IP is LC which is 100% stuck to its current size. Despite everyone being over Dudley, DreamWorks is pushing all those old shows to Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix which would make it dumb to remove just to later replace if it becomes big, I see a retheme but not the toon aspect going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.