Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An IP that never gets mentioned in these threads and is quite possibly the biggest IP in the world is the NFL. It doesn't fit into the usual movie IP category that ends up in the parks, but I don't know why its not considered. Obviously the merch side would be huge, but the ride side could be difficult. Maybe a training camp dark ride? Not sure if it would really fit well in the parks, but it could be the anchor for the new citiwalk. Big sports bar. Maybe a stadium layout with huge tvs in the middle. shop surrounding it underneath the seating with merch from all of the teams. Custom Jersey shop on site. Maybe figure out a way to do college football stuff as well. I'm sure there are reasons none of this can happen, but if it did, there is a lot of money making potential.

I said that I'm not sure it fits in the parks. But still, it's probably the biggest IP on the planet and with people on here saying that "random IP that 40 people care about" would be a great idea for a land, it doesn't make a lot of sense not to at least consider something with that much money making potential.

An IP that never gets mentioned in these threads and is quite possibly the biggest IP in the world is the NFL. It doesn't fit into the usual movie IP category that ends up in the parks, but I don't know why its not considered. Obviously the merch side would be huge, but the ride side could be difficult. Maybe a training camp dark ride? Not sure if it would really fit well in the parks, but it could be the anchor for the new citiwalk. Big sports bar. Maybe a stadium layout with huge tvs in the middle. shop surrounding it underneath the seating with merch from all of the teams. Custom Jersey shop on site. Maybe figure out a way to do college football stuff as well. I'm sure there are reasons none of this can happen, but if it did, there is a lot of money making potential.
A perfect NFL themed ride. You get a concussion while riding it.:yikes:

Really we have resorted to mentioning the NFL? At first when I saw NFL I thought New Fantasy Land and then I realized it was an IP and was trying to figure out what NFL stood for. Then all the sudden it dawned on me that it was football and how bad of an idea that is. I mean yes, it is popular and a merch goldmine. But also would people really buy stuff? Not like it is unique or anything like that. But the part that is bad is there is no ride possibilities at all. Anything would be pretty lame. People go to games to see the action in person. People aren't going to want to see some screens (which you can see at home) or AAs of ball players. They want the real deal when it comes to the NFL.

and the NFL only works for domestic audiences (yes, I know there's some small leagues overseas)

Yep, it is not the largest IP in the world. It is the largest IP here in the US and I even question that. It can be regional if you have a team or not and some people could care less about Football. I would say Star Wars and HP may be more popular in the US and for sure World Wide.

Soccer is the most watched Sport in the world so even then football would be playing in the little leagues as it is mostly an American thing as baseball is even more popular worldwide than football.

I think in general parks are concerned with bringing to life experiences one wouldnt be able to have (harry potter) or be unlikely to have in real life (soarin').

I consider the likelihood of anythig ips coming to the parks with that in mind. I think nintendo fits especially well and has great potential.

Just to throw another IP out there. What's the current situation with Roald Dahl and parks? I don't know how popular he is in the US but I think he's been a huge part of every kids in the UK.

I know Alton Towers has a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride but it's not great and I think it could have great potential on a large scale. Having a sweet shop at the exit is a no brainer. Steven Spielberg is also directing The BFG which will be out next year but it's being distributed by Disney but I know Steven Spielberg is very friendly with Universal if that could be another possibility.

Reactions: greendude33
Just to throw another IP out there. What's the current situation with Roald Dahl and parks? I don't know how popular he is in the US but I think he's been a huge part of every kids in the UK.

I know Alton Towers has a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride but it's not great and I think it could have great potential on a large scale. Having a sweet shop at the exit is a no brainer. Steven Spielberg is also directing The BFG which will be out next year but it's being distributed by Disney but I know Steven Spielberg is very friendly with Universal if that could be another possibility.

I could see Wonka possibly used for the Citywalk "South" but I just have a hard time seeing Wonka being used at the park, even with the really good Alton Towers attraction.

I could see Wonka possibly used for the Citywalk "South" but I just have a hard time seeing Wonka being used at the park, even with the really good Alton Towers attraction.

I'd like to see them take it a step further and create something similar to Suess Landing. I think all his books have great visual appeal. There's something about the art of Quentin Blake that brings out my inner child.

My concern with that would be that people would think it's just a copy of Suess Landing and it might look lazy.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Universal now has 2 parks filled to the brim with mostly movie ip's. That is great and I'm sure synergie is awesome but also a lot of work. The DNA of comcast/Universal is bigger, music and tv.

I would love to see them a non ip park. I'm sure over time, just like at Disney, they will seep in but start with non.

"At Universal it's our job to dream up new movies, music and tv shows for you. For the first time we invite you into our secret universe where dreams grow into reality. A realm where we find inspiration and dreams. Welcome to Universal Dreams."

The park will have area's like Romance and fairitails where a stunningly beautifull romantised village lays at the foot of a glorius castle. A boatride trough a fairytail will be non specific enough to make your own story and yes it will have a big dragon.
Excitement and spies will be a city enviromant US 1920's. A prived eye, a hysterical movie star and the mob make an exciting stunt show. A highspeed car ride changes into a highspeed water ride changes into a elevated tram ride to end into a explosive drop ride.
Fear and monsters, a rural German town lives in fear, the mansion of dr. Frankenstein houses a darkride and Dracula's castle is a walktrough attraction. No singing monster show!
Fun and silly is the mad hatter and a candy store got a baby. A 2 floor marry go round and on top a dombo style ride, kiddy coaster is wraping around it and a hanging coaster is the inside outside darkride attraction.
Sci-fi and fantasy land takes you to a destopian future where aliens attack powerfull princesses or is it the other way around.

This is a small sellection of unique rides and shows.

I'd love to see a Hub/spoke design, bug that means essentially there being some sort of a weenie at the split. This has to be something that is timeless. The entry area should be more of an experience than something like USF where you walk into a jumbled mess and are burst into a bunch of rides right away.

*walks into thread*

*Sees NFL and Independence Day mentioned*

*slowly backs out of thread*
OptimalThoseFoal.gif

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Just to take this out the park slightly.

The one thing I really want to see at a new CityWalk is some kind of permanent show. As it stands, I don't really have anything driving me to CityWalk beyond getting something to eat coming or going to the parks but purely out of convenience. I've seen quite a few links between Universal and the Land of Oz so I would love to see Wicked playing. I would also happily take jersey Boys.

I'm not the biggest fan of Downtown Disney but I can see the appeal of having Cirque du Soleil playing.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.