Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how that managed to escape my mind. Upon saying that, for whatever reason Blue Man Group has never really appealed to me and it really should.
I agree. I have no desire to see the show. But I'd rather watch that than another Circus acrobat show. It is a big time production though.

I've seen Blue Man twice. Once the old show and once the new show.
Cirque we finally saw last summer. Neat show with a lot going on in it.

We all enjoyed both of them quite a bit and I'm not a show kinda guy. Its difficult to compare because they are very different types of shows, but I would definitely recommend seeing them.

Is it odd that I think that we will not see a theatre-based show like Blue Man or Cirque for when the resort expands?

It just feels like that it would draw away the profits of BMG, atleast to me.

Is it odd that I think that we will not see a theatre-based show like Blue Man or Cirque for when the resort expands?

It just feels like that it would draw away the profits of BMG, atleast to me.

If it's in the newly acquired land I don't see it having any effect on it. If somebody is already in that area, I'm sure universal would rather get their money for a show knowing that they wouldn't head to the current CityWalk just to see a show.

What if they had The Blue Man Group create a totally different type show for the south campus?

The Blue Man Group presents Bluestique de Tube. Nothing good but often hilarious can only come from such a thing.

I think the third park will extend some existing IP's ie.Harry Potter (fantastic beasts ) Jurassic World (jeep ride and clear ball ride) by then Nintendo will be in park(s) so that will be there, plus maybe 1 or 2 new IP's. Sci fi for one of them (Star trek) I wonder if they would design in HHN locations and move it to the new park /3rd gate with a permanent Haunted House

I think the third park will extend some existing IP's ie.Harry Potter (fantastic beasts ) Jurassic World (jeep ride and clear ball ride) by then Nintendo will be in park(s) so that will be there, plus maybe 1 or 2 new IP's. Sci fi for one of them (Star trek) I wonder if they would design in HHN locations and move it to the new park /3rd gate with a permanent Haunted House

It was said I believe here or on the Universal Resort Expansion thread that they are wanting to keep HHN at the current resort area (aka, Universal North).

As far as a theater for the south Citiwalk goes, what about a general purpose theater that could change shows every few months? Do Cats, Phantom, Wicked, etc. Most of those shows have a traveling version that hits major cities. I'd think rotating the show would work better than having the same show for years as far as drawing people back into Citiwalk. It could be used like a lot of theaters across the country and host big comedy acts, it could have an IMAX screen, and be where they do some of their events like the Harry Potter celebration. I'd think having a venue like that right next to dining/shopping options could be a potential to double dip. Of course I don't know the Orlando market and how prevalent these types of venues are. If there is an over-saturaton, it may not make as much sense.

As far as a theater for the south Citiwalk goes, what about a general purpose theater that could change shows every few months? Do Cats, Phantom, Wicked, etc. Most of those shows have a traveling version that hits major cities. I'd think rotating the show would work better than having the same show for years as far as drawing people back into Citiwalk. It could be used like a lot of theaters across the country and host big comedy acts, it could have an IMAX screen, and be where they do some of their events like the Harry Potter celebration. I'd think having a venue like that right next to dining/shopping options could be a potential to double dip. Of course I don't know the Orlando market and how prevalent these types of venues are. If there is an over-saturaton, it may not make as much sense.
With the new Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando, there's really no need for Universal to waste the money on that. Nothing can compete with Dr. Phillips without spending hundreds of millions and they'd still have tough competition for bookings.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
With the new Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando, there's really no need for Universal to waste the money on that. Nothing can compete with Dr. Phillips without spending hundreds of millions and they'd still have tough competition for bookings.

I wasn't really suggesting a performing arts center/ballet/wine and cheese crowd type deal. That kind of group wouldn't want to mingle with the tourists regardless what the building costs. I was just thinking an all purpose theater that could host a lot of things rather than just the same show every night for months on end.

I wasn't really suggesting a performing arts center/ballet/wine and cheese crowd type deal. That kind of group wouldn't want to mingle with the tourists regardless what the building costs. I was just thinking an all purpose theater that could host a lot of things rather than just the same show every night for months on end.
Yeah, but what you are proposing basically translates to the "performing arts center/ballet/wine and cheese crowd"

Yeah, but what you are proposing basically translates to the "performing arts center/ballet/wine and cheese crowd"

The only thing I mentioned that would have that crossover would be the broadway shows. Comedy, Imax, Universal events, concerts, etc, really wouldn't appeal to that crowd.

The only thing I mentioned that would have that crossover would be the broadway shows. Comedy, Imax, Universal events, concerts, etc, really wouldn't appeal to that crowd.
I think you underestimate that crowd as someone that's been an active part of it for awhile now.

My point is though, there's enough "performance spaces" in Orlando for tours/touring groups. If Universal wanted this, they could do it in the BMG Soundstage very easily. The reason there's no incentive for them to is bc 1). As I said, it's a saturated market as I said, and 2). Having BMG signed to a long-term lease means less work - no need to try to book acts for the space.

I think the closest to a space will be something like HOB... and there's a possibility they may be leaving Disney soon. A simple club for touring musicians/DJs is all they need.

I think you underestimate that crowd as someone that's been an active part of it for awhile now.

My point is though, there's enough "performance spaces" in Orlando for tours/touring groups. If Universal wanted this, they could do it in the BMG Soundstage very easily. The reason there's no incentive for them to is bc 1). As I said, it's a saturated market as I said, and 2). Having BMG signed to a long-term lease means less work - no need to try to book acts for the space.

I think the closest to a space will be something like HOB... and there's a possibility they may be leaving Disney soon. A simple club for touring musicians/DJs is all they need.
I think there's room for something in between. Not attracting traveling shows but putting in semi-permanent shows and changing the show every 2-3 years.

Hard Rock has a hard enough time getting in popular musicians against HoB even though their space and acoustics are better than HoB. I don't think another music venue would work very well. If HoB were to leave, I would expect Universal to push Hard Rock more and get those acts to come there rather than spreading acts between the two areas.

Hard Rock has a hard enough time getting in popular musicians against HoB even though their space and acoustics are better than HoB. I don't think another music venue would work very well. If HoB were to leave, I would expect Universal to push Hard Rock more and get those acts to come there rather than spreading acts between the two areas.
I personally prefer HOB, but maybe it's just because i'm there several times a month as opposed to a few times a year at Hard Rock if they're lucky to pull someone big enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.