Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda, Jaws, and Waterworld are all that come to mind. And Zelda is the only one of those that would make good for its own area, so I'm not sure a marine theme would be the best idea.

Zelda, Jaws, and Waterworld are all that come to mind. And Zelda is the only one of those that would make good for its own area, so I'm not sure a marine theme would be the best idea.

I would think if they went with a Marine based park, they go for Original Content, and not Just IPs. But yea, I do agree that a marinal theme may not be for the best, even if that means not having for you guys a kickass stunt show and possibility for Windwaker to come in.

I actually would just prefer (prepare for a bad name) something like a "Universal's Nations of Adventure" to where it includes Nations of Transylvania, Japan, America, France, and fictional nations much like a Hyrule.

No one remembers or cares about Waterworld, there's no way they could go that route in a brand new park. Jaws is the only thing somewhat relevant enough I can think of with a water theme. Zelda could be built around it but when I think of Zelda I don't think of water, if that's whats needed to tie it in sure but if that's the focus of it I think that could be a mistake.

No one remembers or cares about Waterworld.

Quite the Contary S8, From what it seems; Waterworld is still the Highest rated show in Universal Studios Hollywood, and has two Clones of it in Universal Studios Japan and Universal Studios Singapore, and is quite possibly even going to Universal Studios Beijing when all's said and done.

To be frank, sure it is a very BAD film, but it brought one of the best shows that Universal's Parks and Resorts have putted out, with it showing by it being in most of Universals Theme Parks.

Jaws is the only thing somewhat relevant enough I can think of with a water theme. Zelda could be built around it but when I think of Zelda I don't think of water, if that's whats needed to tie it in sure but if that's the focus of it I think that could be a mistake.

Hence, why I also want to point that even if there isn't that many IPs to have for a Marine park..they can always do Original content. For instance, when LC goes away; you can actually move Sinbad over to the new park for a new Dark Ride attraction. I mean, take a look at Tokyo DisneySea to that being something that brings Original Content at a major draw, but still giving IPs like Toy Story, Nemo, and Mermaid into the factor.

I do think you bring a point that it'd be extremely hard to do Original Content, but that sometimes can be just as hard are bringing in IPs.

Quite the Contary S8, From what it seems; Waterworld is still the Highest rated show in Universal Studios Hollywood, has two Clones of it in Universal Studios Japan and Universal Studios Singapore, and is quite possibly even going to Universal Studios Beijing when all's said and done.

To be frank, sure it is a very BAD film, but it brought one of the best shows that Universal's Parks and Resorts have putted out, with it showing by it being in most of Universals Theme Parks.
I understand the show is popular but that has nothing to do at all with the movie. They could remove the Waterworld name and just call it the Universal Water Stunt Show Spectacular and it would still be the same if not more popular. Obviously people in that area know what it is but in a new park a property that old and irrelevant has no place. There's no way they're going to open a new park and open themselves up to all the jokes that would bring from the media and detract from the excitement of a new park.

I understand the show is popular but that has nothing to do at all with the movie. They could remove the Waterworld name and just call it the Universal Water Stunt Show Spectacular and it would still be the same if not more popular. Obviously people in that area know what it is but in a new park a property that old and irrelevant has no place. There's no way they're going to open a new park and open themselves up to all the jokes that would bring from the media and detract from the excitement of a new park.

You also have to remember what I said about Tokyo DisneySea. It isn't the IPs that are the focal point of the park, its the environment, the Tone and the originality planted into it. But, it even uses IPs to draw people into the park, seen with Toy Story there.

I wasn't saying that Waterworld would be a Main draw, but I was proving the point of it being one of the most popular shows in Universals parks, even without people noticing the film.

And I agree that they wouldn't open a park with something to hurt them, but theres also something to be said on what they can add for a Marinal theme park.

I wasn't saying that Waterworld would be a Main draw, but I was proving the point of it being one of the most popular shows in Universals parks, even without people noticing the film.
Yeah I could see a similar show being done, just without the Waterworld name or theme.

I'm not a big fan of a water oriented park though, we already have Islands of Adventure. All the Islands are essentially connected by water and of course USF has a pretty good sized lake splitting the park in half. I would love to see something with some great mountains, landscapes and large buildings.

2156639-125.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
And really, Sharknado should be going in where Disaster! was. It is an obvious Frank Kincaid production, and between Jaws and Twister.
It can be so hard to tell when you're being facetious and when you are actually being serious. Not even specifying to now, just literally all the time :lol:

Continued rumors about a sale of Time Warner or spinoff of HBO drove shares in the media giant up more than 2% Tuesday afternoon, though a couple of those reported to be eyeing deals denied involvement.

Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes reportedly held a series of closed-door meetings Monday with investors, telling them that he opposed either a spinoff or sale of HBO but implying that he might consider a sale of the whole company, the New York Post reported.

DC LAND IS COMING Y"ALL. No but I hope COMCAST buys it so now all of the WB assets can be used in the parks including Game of Thrones.

DC LAND IS COMING Y"ALL. No but I hope COMCAST buys it so now all of the WB assets can be used in the parks including Game of Thrones.

I'd love to see it. Wouldn't Comcast buying Time Warner be horrific for everybody in the US? I live in the UK so I don't really care about it beyond the parks.

I'd love to see it. Wouldn't Comcast buying Time Warner be horrific for everybody in the US? I live in the UK so I don't really care about it beyond the parks.

Most people do not like Comcast cable. So I am sure TW customers would not be happy. It wouldn't effect others.

What would be up for sale would be their media company. Time Warner Cable is a different company. Comcast tried to buy them last year, but the FTC killed the deal because it would have given Comcast a monopoly because it would have given them 70% of all cable subscribers in the US.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.