Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of the Nintendo main properties. None of those warrant theme park presence.
Minecraft could be a cool land but that’s about it. It takes more than just popularity to transcend being only a video game to being a fully themed environment and although some games outside of Nintendo could work there’s likely an equivalent in genre to something they already have with the Nintendo deal. Thinking logically, it makes more sense to use Zelda for a fantasy based video game land and then if they want another big fantasy land to go for something like LotR rather than WoW.

Kid IPs: Yokai Watch, Animal Crossing, Cooking Mama, Minecraft, Fortnite
All age IPs: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest
Teen+ IPs: Skyrim, Biohazard (Resident Evil), Bioshock, Fallout, Overwatch, God of War, Persona, WoW, Final Fantasy, Metroid

Biohazard, Yokai Watch, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and Nintendo teams already have relations with Universal Creative

Half of those IP's shouldn't even get a ride, much less a land. And I'm a big fan of most of them

Watching Hobbit/Smaug last night. Here's a Perfect setting for an attraction. A ride recreating where the dwarfs are smuggled into the house through the toilet, in Laketown. Universal could put the ride right next to the sewage plant, and then you would have true immersion that even Disney couldn't duplicate. :lol:
Disney does a great job recreating that smell in their monorails...

Kid IPs: Yokai Watch, Animal Crossing, Cooking Mama, Minecraft, Fortnite
All age IPs: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Professor Layton, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest
Teen+ IPs: Skyrim, Biohazard (Resident Evil), Bioshock, Fallout, Overwatch, God of War, Persona, WoW, Final Fantasy, Metroid

Biohazard, Yokai Watch, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and Nintendo teams already have relations with Universal Creative

Fortnite? OMG no

Reactions: Mike S and LJGonz
I hate to have to bring this up yet again, but here we are.

The only non-Nintendo IP that might get a theme park presence is Minecraft. And the only reason why I put that is due to the incredible merch sales and the enormous potential for a land.

That being said, are we going to see Minecraft in the new park? Probably not.
I'd say it's more likely to see Minecraft at Legoland than Universal. They'll sell more merch that way!

Unpopular opinion: board games are garbage.

tenor.gif

Just curious will we see this trend of 3d based attractions using 3d glasses to watch on the projected screens for any future uni rides going forward in their new park which would open in 2021-2023 most likely or will this probably start to fade and something else new will be thought of? I mean they converted harry potter and the forbidden journey into 4K still using a projection screen but no 3d glasses.

Welcome to IU!

The consensus seems to be that Supercharged is going to be the last screen attraction for a long while. Universal seems to realize that they have a lot of very screen-heavy attractions in the resort and there's strong rumors that future attractions are going to rectify that.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Just curious will we see this trend of 3d based attractions using 3d glasses to watch on the projected screens for any future uni rides going forward in their new park which would open in 2021-2023 most likely or will this probably start to fade and something else new will be thought of? I mean they converted harry potter and the forbidden journey into 4K still using a projection screen but no 3d glasses.
I would guarantee there will be screens in the future theme parks. The tech is too easy to get amazing effects to pass up.

Ok well just saying I think Uni should take a breather on the screen based attractions for awhile and come back to them in the near future at their 4th gate. Not every attraction of course over at the 3rd or 4th gate will be a 3d screen projected based attraction. Universal is highly capable of bringing back the old days of Jaws, Kongfrontation where we saw practical/physical effects instead of 3d screens being used. I would love to see more 3d but they can do 4k screen follow in the footsteps of the forbidden journey conversion. It just seems like every other year Universal fans are expecting a 3d screen attraction. I just think it gets a little tiring. Universal can be successful which they haved without 3d. E.T adventure is a very good example might have been back in the 90's but a very classic iconic Uni attraction one of the best all time created.

I agree with the thought that there will definitely be screen rides in the new parks.

I just hope they limit it to 10-20% of rides being screens rather than the 40% they have in the current parks.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Welcome to IU!

To give a little bit of perspective, it seems like from a few that Universal is going away from primary screen-based attractions. That's not to say there won't be screens at the park, but do expect them to ease up more and more over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.