Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 285 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re just thinking of ideas. Some of these may not come to pass, including Holiday World. But until Universal announces the park, or we get substantial rumors, this thread will be speculation.

Collections of different worlds, yes. Different IP’s... sort of. Nintendo has multiple IP’s within the same brand. Same with Dreamworks. Fantastic Beasts will get its own area, without question. Classic Monsters and Christmas could make up a single land.

Also, that suggestion is kinda bad. Tomb Raider sucked. Jumanji is owned by Sony, so that isn’t coming, Tarzan is a Disney property (I think).
Tarzan is, technically, public domain. Certain elements have been copy-righted/ trademarked (like the yell). But the character/story is just like Sherlock Holmes: fair game.

Reactions: SeventyOne
You may not want it but doesn't mean the public doesn't....why do you think Holiday World theme park exists with a year round Christmas land.
Holiday-World-Santa-Claus-Land-Sign.jpg
Yeah, and the theming is so immersive, right? All the snow, decorated Christmas trees, it's like you actually think like it is Christmas for real. And the 4th of July area, all those flags, man what a lot of flags, I mean flags, right, wow. But seriously I think people go there for the coasters and amusement rides not the almost non existing theme.
As an insider stated before, every single ride should make a profit at Universal (unlike at Disney). The surrounding shops and restaurants should make their money or it's on the chopping block. Then there is the whole synergy thing where Comcast wants to promote their ip's and build their brand. Within that context we'll never ever see a holiday world (thanks Xenu for that). And now I'm off to color my Easter eggs because I'm that kind of person, don't judge me! ;)

Reactions: Andysol
I owe you a fully decorated Christmas tree if this is going to become real. If not you owe me a beer ;)

I'm in no way saying it will happen. I'm saying it's (apparently) been a plan recently, and it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

Having only recently seen HTTYD 2, I want an entire Berk land. Toss out all the other DW and Illumination IPs... and toss out LOTR too, even if it isn’t in the trash. :)

It's possibly the most read-made theme park property in DreamWorks lineup. I could come up with a 1/2 dozen attractions on the fly for it.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Watch:

Step into the World of Celebration, where your favorite holidays come to life.

At the North Pole, your favorite Christmas Characters have come together to enjoy their off-season. Tour Santa's Workshop with Rudolph and Hermey as they prepare for the coming Christmas. Join Frosty the Snowman in a live show on ice. Then, go on a thrilling ride through Mount Crumpit with the Grinch as he tries to ruin it all. While you're there, you can stop by Yukon's Lodge for cocoa, cider, and other yuletide treats.

On Easter Island, the family can play together in the Easter Play Factory. This interactive playground lets everyone jam out with EB with music, slides, and a massive egg-pit.

Then, take a chilling step through the Halloween Tree and into the Hallows where your favorite, Halloween nightmares live all year round. Scream through Dracula's Flight, a terrifying coaster that winds through his castle and a nearby village. Witness the recreation of life on The Madness of Dr. Frankenstein, a multi-sensory ride experience through Dr. Frankenstein's Castle. When you're looking for a bite, you can visit Talbot Manor where you can sit down for a multi-course meal. But watch out, the lord of the manor may not take kindly to your presence.

In the World of Celebration, the holidays never stop.

Last edited:
And products, cloths and food too, and I think it would be worthy of another KUKA ride system.

How would the KUKA translate into HTTYD? I love the system, and I love the movies, but that doesn’t seem like it would work very well.

I still think the land gets two rides in the end: an Intamin Blitz similar to Taron, and a flying simulator.

Watch:

Step into the World of Celebration, where your favorite holidays come to life.

At the North Pole, your favorite Christmas Characters have come together to enjoy their off-season. Tour Santa's Workshop with Rudolph and Hermey as they prepare for the coming Christmas. Join Frosty the Snowman in a live show on ice. Then, go on a thrilling ride through Mount Crumpit with the Grinch as he tries to ruin it all. While you're there, you can stop by Yukon's lodge for cocoa, cider, and other yuletide treats.

On Easter Island, the family can play together in the Easter Play Factory. This interactive playground lets everyone jam out with EB with music, slides, and a massive egg-pit.

Then, take a chilling step through the Halloween Tree and into the Hallows where your favorite, Halloween nightmares live all year round. Scream through Dracula's Flight, a terrifying coaster that winds through his castle and a nearby village. Witness the recreation of life on The Madness of Dr. Frankenstein, a multi-sensory ride experience through Dr. Frankenstein's Castle. When you're looking for a bite, you can visit Talbot Manor where you can sit down for a multi-course meal. But watch out, the lord of the manor may not take kindly to your presence.

In the World of Celebration, the holidays never stop.

....I could actually see this, minus the Easter Island, and you could possibly add a third ride to the Halloween section (I’d pick a water ride). Well done!

Reactions: Ryno27
How would the KUKA translate into HTTYD? I love the system, and I love the movies, but that doesn’t seem like it would work very well.

I still think the land gets two rides in the end: an Intamin Blitz similar to Taron, and a flying simulator.

Yea I don't agree with your choices at all. Kuka arm controlling a dragon you fly on through a dark ride would be incredible.

Yea I don't agree with your choices at all. Kuka arm controlling a dragon you fly on through a dark ride would be incredible.

But that doesn’t really make much sense. How does a single character riding a dragon translate to four people riding a bench?

An Intamin Blitz could be themed to a night-fury/Toothless flying through Berk, and a flying simulator could be similar to Pandora’s Flight of Passage.

You have to save room for an expansion...

True. I’m probably asking for too much at the beginning. But a water ride would be nice.

But that doesn’t really make much sense. How does a single character riding a dragon translate to four people riding a bench?

Who says it has to be a bench?

An Intamin Blitz could be themed to a night-fury/Toothless flying through Berk, and a flying simulator could be similar to Pandora’s Flight of Passage.

Yea there's nothing I want less than a Flight of Passage clone for HTTYD

Reactions: |Q|

HTTYD (as a land) needs to highlight two things: The thrill of flying and the scale/majesty of the dragons themselves. A Kuka could do both.

Personally, I want a coaster and an omnimover. The coaster is the thrill of flying. The omnimover is the scale (just imagine a life-size Toothless of the same quality as Kong). That ride can include a "flight tunnel" like Buzz Lightyear/Dreamflight towards the climax.

I really don't want a simulator for Berk. We know Universal can do those. That is literally the laziest thing they could do for the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.