Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of Holidayland, but i really want something in the center that is a mishmash of Christmas/Halloween and a lot of the smaller holidays. (Valentines Day, NYE, St. Patrick's Day, Mardi Gras, April Fools Day, Thanksgiving, etc...) Maybe a table service restaurant or something?

EUEP6Ai.png

Rough park map
Star Fox and Fire Emblem? No chance.

I love the idea of Holidayland, but i really want something in the center that is a mishmash of Christmas/Halloween and a lot of the smaller holidays. (Valentines Day, NYE, St. Patrick's Day, Mardi Gras, April Fools Day, Thanksgiving, etc...) Maybe a table service restaurant or something?
Okay this idea is growing on me but the park doesn't only cater to US guest we need holidays from around the world like:
Sinterklaas:
sinterklaas-intocht.png

Kanamara Matsuri:
xzvb5epwatrxt9yvnjqg

Gay Pride:
nupanel-denk-jij-pride-en-seksuele-diversiteit.jpg

El Día de los Muertos:
dia-muertos-proyecto-google.jpg

And the always fun Fiestas de San Fermín:
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F140703140443-pamplona-2.jpg

These alone could be a fun parade.

Reactions: |Q| and Magic-Man
Okay this idea is growing on me but the park doesn't only cater to US guest we need holidays from around the world like:
Sinterklaas:
sinterklaas-intocht.png

Kanamara Matsuri:
xzvb5epwatrxt9yvnjqg

Gay Pride:
nupanel-denk-jij-pride-en-seksuele-diversiteit.jpg

El Día de los Muertos:
dia-muertos-proyecto-google.jpg

And the always fun Fiestas de San Fermín:
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F140703140443-pamplona-2.jpg

These alone could be a fun parade.

Maybe not all of them, but that’s a cool idea. Especially the Gay Pride parade.

Reactions: |Q|
Ehhh the buzz was off random ideas. Don’t think any person with info has said anyway or not. Just trying to fit monsters and say Rudolph.

Star Fox and Fire Emblem? No chance.
Going off this some more if they did put in an area for Nintendo’s less popular IPs I think the plaza has to go. Seems like a waste when you can just have the Mushroom Kingdom as the “plaza” with warp pipes leading to Zelda, Pokémon, DK, and this other area. Me? I would make it a Sci-Fi area. @quinnmac000 gets his Star Fox ride, I get my Metroid ride, the thrill junkies get their big thrilling coaster with F-Zero, and the kiddies get a small Kirby area. Of course, there’ll be tall skyscraper facades throughout the area so F-Zero isn’t totally “naked” and has imagery similar to the games.

This seems like too much for one park though, doesn’t it? I agree. Pokémon and Zelda should still go to IoA and USF. Stuffing it all in Site B doesn’t make sense imo. Use whatever space they have for other things and use Nintendo’s two other biggest properties to bring people to the current parks too. The Ministry of Magic won’t cut it by itself if they’re truly going all out with this park.

Last edited:
Honestly think they'd try and fully focus on creating a Classic Monsters World, and find ways to make that appealing all year round, than over-complicate with a general Holiday Land. And with those they already have a good bit to work with and potential expansions to do if they just start off with say Dracula Frankenstein and Wolfman areas.

Going off this some more if they did put in an area for Nintendo’s less popular IPs I think the plaza has to go. Seems like a waste when you can just have the Mushroom Kingdom as the “plaza” with warp pipes leading to Zelda, Pokémon, DK, and this other area. Me? I would make it a Sci-Fi area. @quinnmac000 gets his Star Fox ride, I get my Metroid ride, the thrill junkies get their big thrilling coaster with F-Zero, and the kiddies get a small Kirby area. Of course, there’ll be tall skyscraper facades throughout the area so F-Zero isn’t totally “naked” and has imagery similar to the games.

This seems like too much for one park though, doesn’t it? I agree. Pokémon and Zelda should still go to IoA and USF. Stuffing it all in Site B doesn’t make sense imo. Use whatever space they have for other things and use Nintendo’s two other biggest properties to bring people to the current parks too. The Ministry of Magic won’t cut it by itself if they’re truly going all out with this park.

Just Mario probably won’t cut it, either. It wouldn’t make any sense to have the park’s headliner only be 9 acres. There needs to be something else, especially now that LOTR is gone. Zelda and/or Pokémon makes the most sense.

Honestly think they'd try and fully focus on creating a Classic Monsters World, and find ways to make that appealing all year round, than over-complicate with a general Holiday Land. And with those they already have a good bit to work with and potential expansions to do if they just start off with say Dracula Frankenstein and Wolfman areas.

This. I’d be fine with just a Classic Monsters World.

I really need to make another concept map for this land.

Just Mario probably won’t cut it, either. It wouldn’t make any sense to have the park’s headliner only be 9 acres. There needs to be something else, especially now that LOTR is gone. Zelda and/or Pokémon makes the most sense.
Isn’t everyone here in agreement that DreamWorks is a big draw too? If it is then Mario and some smaller Nintendo franchises would be fine for the new park with Zelda and Pokémon drawing people to spend time at the other parks too. Unless, DreamWorks really isn’t that big and the family draw to the park has to rely solely on Nintendo.

Which is it?

Isn’t everyone here in agreement that DreamWorks is a big draw too? If it is then Mario and some smaller Nintendo franchises would be fine for the new park with Zelda and Pokémon drawing people to spend time at the other parks too. Unless, DreamWorks really isn’t that big and the family draw to the park has to rely solely on Nintendo.

Which is it?

Neither. Some smaller Nintendo properties would work, sure. But they wouldn't have that extra draw that Zelda and Pokemon do. DreamWorks is big, but not as big as it used to be (for now). Nintendo is the headliner. Make it the best that it can be.

Does it need both Zelda and Pokemon. No. But they should have at least one of them.

Neither. Some smaller Nintendo properties would work, sure. But they wouldn't have that extra draw that Zelda and Pokemon do. DreamWorks is big, but not as big as it used to be (for now). Nintendo is the headliner. Make it the best that it can be.

Does it need both Zelda and Pokemon. No. But they should have at least one of them.
Mario is absolutely huge. Putting any of the other 2 of Nintendo’s big 3 with him would be overkill when that draw potential could be used to push multipark tickets even more especially with how isolated this park will be from the other two. You don’t want all the people that want to see Nintendo going mostly to one park. The area could still be very well done without Zelda or Pokémon right next to Mario.

Mario is absolutely huge. Putting any of the other 2 of Nintendo’s big 3 with him would be overkill when that draw potential could be used to push multipark tickets even more especially with how isolated this park will be from the other two. You don’t want all the people that want to see Nintendo going mostly to one park. The area could still be very well done without Zelda or Pokémon right next to Mario.

Wouldn't you rather have two Nintendo properties in the same park? Plus, there's always the fact that we aren't getting LOTR, which would have been the other major draw for the park. Zelda should take it's place, and it'd easily work.

Also, apparently KFP is going into KidZone now. So the whole three-park Nintendo already went out the window if that's true.

Wouldn't you rather have two Nintendo properties in the same park? Plus, there's always the fact that we aren't getting LOTR, which would have been the other major draw for the park. Zelda should take it's place, and it'd easily work.

Also, apparently KFP is going into KidZone now. So the whole three-park Nintendo already went out the window if that's true.
Yes, I’ve been saying that. Does anything else that’s not Zelda or Pokémon not count or something? Make the area in Site B bigger with some of the smaller franchises but still focused on Mario.

If KFP is taking KidZone now, lol. The only DreamWorks IP that can support a land all to itself is Shrek imo. Everything else is better served as a catch all Fantasyland type area.

Status
Not open for further replies.