Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 361 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think worrying about what comes next is a fools errand. The characters are timeless. Make a land based around them in some sort of timeless form and that’s enough.

Look at MSHI. Sure it’s not the hip version of the characters we currently see in film, but at the same time it’s a timeless version of those characters that won’t feel horribly dated once the MCU’s time passes

Great point!

Sorry to take this off-topic a bit, but I don't think the MCU will ever get outdated. It's probably going to end up like Harry Potter.

Great point!

Sorry to take this off-topic a bit, but I don't think the MCU will ever get outdated. It's probably going to end up like Harry Potter.
Not so much the MCU, as a concept, but the actors portraying the roles, as they come and go in the future. ...Example: .Even though Spider Man wasn't in the MCU, imagine if Universal had used ride film with Toby McGuire in the role, that would be really really outdated. And then if they spent the money to update to his successor in the Fox films, that too would have been already outdated. And so on, and so on.....Now, they only need to update when they want better film quality as technology advances.

Not so much the MCU, as a concept, but the actors portraying the roles, as they come and go in the future. ...Example: .Even though Spider Man wasn't in the MCU, imagine if Universal had used ride film with Toby McGuire in the role, that would be really really outdated. And then if they spent the money to update to his successor in the Fox films, that too would have been already outdated. And so on, and so on.....Now, they only need to update when they want better film quality as technology advances.

Not to mention it’s a really nice throw back to the classics for this of us who remember th cartoons in the 80’s and 90’s. Universal has a great way of keeping the “parent” generation involved.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I was gonna say the same thing. Eventually the key MCU roles will be recast, which would necessitate the park paying likeness fees, ADR recording, and new ride films.

God, I’m going to hate the day that they try to remake the Iron Man series. There’s no point.

Disney recast Han Solo for their 4th Star Wars movie in hopes it would start a new Young Han Solo series. They're going to recast Indiana Jones sooner rather than later. Recasting Iron Man is something they won't give a second thought to.

Hell, WB *will* eventually recast Harry Potter down the line.

Disney recast Han Solo for their 4th Star Wars movie in hopes it would start a new Young Han Solo series. They're going to recast Indiana Jones sooner rather than later. Recasting Iron Man is something they won't give a second thought to.

Hell, WB *will* eventually recast Harry Potter down the line.

:puke:

Now I get how people feel when they remake classic movies (looking at you, Ghostbusters).

Alright, I’ve got a request that I haven’t seen on here: Dynamic lighting packages that change during different seasons.

upload_2018-9-21_9-55-49.png

This is a picture of Hangtime at Knott’s. Keep in mind, this coaster is blue. BLUE. We need something like this.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-21_9-55-49.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-21_9-55-49.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: HPFred
Alright, I’ve got a request that I haven’t seen on here: Dynamic lighting packages that change during different seasons.

View attachment 7887

This is a picture of Hangtime at Knott’s. Keep in mind, this coaster is blue. BLUE. We need something like this.
KCL lighting packages work wonders for coasters. They have a few videos of rides they've done lighting for on their youtube channel. They do some pretty impressive stuff.

My hope is huge lake with a built in stage with a huge castle in the background...doubles as a water feature and a spot for a show.

20170523140615_69974.jpg

Ok maybe we are not close to an opening date of the fourth gate but when should we expect what a possible fourth gate map will look like? The names of the lands,names of rides and attractions,shops,etc? You don't think we will see them break ground before or after to hear those announcements I just mentioned above?

Ok maybe we are not close to an opening date of the fourth gate but when should we expect what a possible fourth gate map will look like? The names of the lands,names of rides and attractions,shops,etc? You don't think we will see them break ground before or after to hear those announcements I just mentioned above?

They'll break ground a LONG time before you get any details on attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.