Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to Gob that if this happens and they build Shrek or Madagascar lands instead of HTTYD or Kung Fu Panda lands I will burn this office down.
Just imagine the new third park.Instead of a lagoon in the middle, they'll have Shrek's Swamp. And the entrance street will be the Far Far Away Land village. With a really big Shrek Castle in the middle like Singapore. :lol:

Comcast possibly buying Dreamworks Animation | Orlando United Forums

Created the thread of DreamWorks being possibly bought by Comcast. As for the parks..

Look; i'll agree with everyone else that if HTTYD or KFP isn't used for the third park if this happens, I will be legit pissed. The two IPs in particular has so many things that you could use for an attraction, that it'd be a waste to use it as a replacement to like Shrek 4D.

HTTYD is the perfect IP for the Soarin/Avatar ride system. Thought about that even before they announced the Avatar ride.

HTTYD is the perfect IP for the Soarin/Avatar ride system. Thought about that even before they announced the Avatar ride.

Personally, I think it'd be an awesome way to push the FJ ride system to the next level.

I could see Berk being a Lost Continent replacement if it doesn't go in a 3rd park. I mean, an entire land dedicated to vikings and dragons would mesh very well with IOA imo.

Nah, IMO it's gotta be designed from the ground up

Personally, I think it'd be an awesome way to push the FJ ride system to the next level.
I like the way you think, man.

Can anybody think of how a KFP ride would work? I love that series but I have trouble imagining how it would translate into an attraction.

Someone mentioned Universal if the deal goes through gets the right to the Classic Media Library which means they absolutely have to do and should do a Where's Waldo ride. I will lobby so hard for that.

Someone mentioned Universal if the deal goes through gets the right to the Classic Media Library which means they absolutely have to do and should do a Where's Waldo ride. I will lobby so hard for that.

...Let that possibly sink in..that includes IPs like Casper, George the Jungle, as said; Wheres Waldo and possibly some of their "Christmas Classics" if they can buy those rights out from SeaWorld..

I could see a Trackless ride possibly working. Or just a really good themed area with a well-themed flat ride package and a themed family coaster
Both could work.

Now that I think about it, some sort of highly themed family coaster could work well for the series.

I would KILL for a Berk themed land in a 3rd park with a How to Train Your Dragon e-ticket and a live show with animatronic/puppet dragons like that one that toured years ago. I don't care if the series won't last much longer, dragons are awesome and timeless.
I only saw the first movie and I agree with this. However, wouldn't it save some space and allow the use of more properties if they used Dreamworks for a "Fantasyland" in the new park rather than a whole land for just one? I think I'd actually prefer that.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I only saw the first movie and I agree with this. However, wouldn't it save some space and allow the use of more properties if they used Dreamworks for a "Fantasyland" in the new park rather than a whole land for just one? I think I'd actually prefer that.

Nah. Berk and the Valley of Peace from King Fu Panda should be their own lands IMO

How to Train Your Dragon? or Kung Fu Panda are Universal's best properties for a DreamWorks land. They are both relatively current compared to the rest of their lineup, have been well received by critics and audiences alike, and have towns and such that can easily translate to a land.

Also, apparently DreamWorks made a Sinbad movie a while back. Could they make a bad show even worse with this tie in? Likely not but its fun to think about.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Status
Not open for further replies.