Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah man, a killer raft ride based on The Hobbit.

hobbit.jpg

A Smaug coaster centered on his lair.

Smaug's_Hall.jpg

And a raft ride through Middle Earth that would rival Pandora. So much...
Sounds like a replacement for Toon Lagoon with Dudley getting completely demo'd.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Just give me Hyrule and I'll be a happy camper. I'd also just love if they had one tiny detail of playing the Song of Storms whenever it rains :) Jurassic World, Godzilla, Fantastic Beasts, and Pacific Rim also get my vote.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I can't exactly put into words why, but something about the idea of translating LOTR into a theme park seems very sacrilegious to me. Like the idea of going into a gift shop full of dwarf axes and Gandalf hats and Sauron eyeballs and whatever just kills any sense of prestige the books have. And I could care less about LOTR.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Nick
I can't exactly put into words why, but something about the idea of translating LOTR into a theme park seems very sacrilegious to me. Like the idea of going into a gift shop full of dwarf axes and Gandalf hats and Sauron eyeballs and whatever just kills any sense of prestige the books have. And I could care less about LOTR.
Eh. You could say the same about Harry Potter or Star Wars, and they handle the first well, and seemingly will handle it well with Star Wars.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Well, debating over LOTR is a rather moot point until we hear more about the reported law suit in the courts. I'm hopeful, and part of me hopes the end up settling out of court... But knowing how blindly obsessive Christopher Tolkien is over his father's legacy it's not likely. The man is a hypocrit in the worse sense... Slamming the movies he claims to have never seen all the while cashing those big checks from the surge of book sales (all three stood in the Bestseller List for the better the part of three years thanks to the success of the films).

Just give me Hyrule and I'll be a happy camper. I'd also just love if they had one tiny detail of playing the Song of Storms whenever it rains :) Jurassic World, Godzilla, Fantastic Beasts, and Pacific Rim also get my vote.
That's a nice wish list. Some pretty impressive IP's that should translate well into theme park lands/attractions.

Last edited:
Sounds like a replacement for Toon Lagoon with Dudley getting completely demo'd.

That would be my thinking too. Which is a shame because I think Dudley is the best water ride in the park but there's no need for 3 water rides next door to each other.

That would be my thinking too. Which is a shame because I think Dudley is the best water ride in the park but there's no need for 3 water rides next door to each other.
Build something where the theater is, put another ride on JP and the water rides will be less succesive, especially since Kong is also in between.

Playing Devil's advocate here, people in general are more so okay doing water rides when they are already wet instead of drying off and getting drenched again. The promixity of the three of them allowed people to hit them all get drenched and be done with water rides for the rest of the day.

Playing Devil's advocate here, people in general are more so okay doing water rides when they are already wet instead of drying off and getting drenched again. The promixity of the three of them allowed people to hit them all get drenched and be done with water rides for the rest of the day.
Yep, that's the way we do them also. If there were only one or two we'd probably be less likely to ride them. Three's an almost perfect number.

Status
Not open for further replies.