Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first film was boring but I do know why people want it. Its an epic fantasy which Universal and even Disney to a level both lack theme park wise. A land with wizards, orcs, magic, dwarves and elves without the focus being on princesses. Thats the appeal it has.

Lord of The Rings is one of the more boring movies I've ever watched. Not sure why people want to see it in a theme park. If it does ever come to theme parks, I hope it's just downright cool.

There were 3 movies and I can't see how they'd be considered boring at all...I mean, not everything needs to be Michael Bay action

There is a lot of treking in the story (yeah it is all about the journey) and that didn't translate well to film. Reading the books is a totally different experience that would translate well to a land. Lots of experiences that happened along the way to Mordor

There is a lot of treking in the story (yeah it is all about the journey) and that didn't translate well to film. Reading the books is a totally different experience that would translate well to a land. Lots of experiences that happened along the way to Mordor

I know we're grossly off topic here, but I think LOTR translated beautifully to film. I actually prefer the films to Tolkien's writing.

Just because a few people don't like LOTR doesn't mean it isn't popular, iconic, and wouldn't translate well into a large theme park land.

Also, Pitch Perfect would be perfect for a show on the ampitheater by HRRR imo. Just as one of those things you can watch while walking by.

I've only seen bits and pieces of LOTR and if even you don't like it, you can't deny that the crazy success and unique landscape makes it the perfect IP for a theme park.

It's really the last big IP left, and I bet Universal is trying to get their hands on the theme park rights for the third park.

Lord of The Rings is one of the more boring movies I've ever watched. Not sure why people want to see it in a theme park. If it does ever come to theme parks, I hope it's just downright cool.
I agree, I've fallen asleep in theatres watching LotR movies.

I used to not be able to stay awake thru any Star Wars movie. Everybody's got their something.
Not saying it isn't popular or it wouldn't make billions, but I also don't see what the rides would be. It's a beautiful world, but that's about it for me.

Reactions: *Q*
Ride the boats of rivendell and experience the major in the forest city of Lothlórien....one land to rule them all. One land to take down Pandora

WtDI638.jpg

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.