Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t get why we’re talking about the possibility of an attraction based on Dr. Dolittle, no matter who’s in the upcoming movie. Doesn’t seem like theme park material unless it’s replacing Animal Actors.

As Dave mentioned, from what it seems; this is the first time that Universal Pictures & Universal Creative have all come together to collaborate (although, should we count that as somewhat false, considering Supercharged..?).

Regardless if it directly means that we are getting something, they should have something in conceptual's and idea's. And if they go forward, then they would likely use what they worked on together, for the best possible attraction.

As Dave mentioned, from what it seems; this is the first time that Universal Pictures & Universal Creative have all come together to collaborate (although, should we count that as somewhat false, considering Supercharged..?).

Regardless if it directly means that we are getting something, they should have something in conceptual's and idea's. And if they go forward, then they would likely use what they worked on together, for the best possible attraction.
Yes on Supercharged. Unfortunately that was significantly pushed by the movie Studio side as a synergy/symphony thing.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yes on Supercharged. Unfortunately that was significantly pushed by the movie Studio side as a synergy/symphony thing.

yeah, I was remembering that Supercharged filmed during the re-shoot's of Fast & Furious 7 if I'm not mistaken, more in part as they had the actors available for them to get it ready for the USH rendition back in 2015.

I would also not be surprised that going forward, we hear more films being developed with Universal Creative having the chance to assist in way's best suited for the success of the film, and the possibility of an attraction.

I still don’t get why we’re talking about the possibility of an attraction based on Dr. Dolittle, no matter who’s in the upcoming movie. Doesn’t seem like theme park material unless it’s replacing Animal Actors.
It will be a fantastical family film filled with rich textures and unique creatures. Seems to be perfect theme park material too me.

Jurassic World Land has more possibilities over at the rumored 4th gate because their is more land that they can work with. JP at IOA doesn’t have much land except the triceratops encounters and the trail. I find it hard to believe for Universal to put Nintendo in all 3 parks but we will see.

I feel like we get these kinds of conversations everytime a new movie comes out. Everyone riffed about Ready Player one. Everyone riffed about pacific rim 2. The list goes on and on. Universal doesn’t make rides the same time they are coming out. They are to be proven, and then concepts can start. This is a non-starter.

I feel like we get these kinds of conversations everytime a new movie comes out. Everyone riffed about Ready Player one. Everyone riffed about pacific rim 2. The list goes on and on. Universal doesn’t make rides the same time they are coming out. They are to be proven, and then concepts can start. This is a non-starter.
I'm sure they don't officially greenlight and start construction on them at the same time, but that's not to say UC isn't thinking of ride concepts at the same time a movie is being released.

The Secret Life of Pets is a good example of that. They had an idea and greenlit it (although later postponed it) almost immediately after the film was released.

So, at least with some of Universal's in-house releases (especially animated or family-friendly,) I'm sure they're thinking about ideas for attractions before it comes out, and then await the box office returns before pulling the trigger.

The main reason Dolittle is being talked about is that Universal has just started a synergy unit that collaborate from the beginning of the film project. And supposedly Dolittle is the first project they worked together on. Meaning that the film is made with attractions in mind from the start.

Fast and Furious wasn't part of this new process.

And yall just thought fast and furious was bad. Lol

It will be a fantastical family film filled with rich textures and unique creatures. Seems to be perfect theme park material too me.
Where is the dislike button? Haha

It's not unheard of for Universal to start planning ahead with an attraction for an unreleased movie. As Alicia mentioned, they did it with Pets. They've done it with Van Helsing. Obviously, each project has had a different outcome, but I think it's fair to give Disneyhead the benefit of the doubt. We only have an idea as to what the new park may possibly feature as far as IP's and such.

What exactly are they collaborating on? Is this confirmed in any way?
Unique creatures? I thought the guy is just a vet that can talk to animals?
I think it’s people clutching to any new Universal movie in the hopes of having more home grown IP in the parks.

Reactions: Andysol

I think it’s people clutching to any new Universal movie in the hopes of having more home grown IP in the parks.

the collaboration thing was confirmed a few months ago by NBCUniversal execs during a conference. Every quarter all the divisions get together to discuss their projects to include the film/theme park to create synergy and tie projects together. I think its due to the disaster of supercharged as well.

Reactions: HPFred and Mike S

The Eddie Murphy versions, yes. The original books, along with the upcoming film, have a bit more of a fantastical element to it.

The Eddie Murphy versions, yes. The original books, along with the upcoming film, have a bit more of a fantastical element to it.
Based on the production pictures, it would probably be a good idea to chase u the musical Version that ran on TV when I was a kid. Believe it had Michael Caine, and it's where "If I Could Talk to the Animals" comes from. The tone will be much closer to that than the Eddie Murphy dreck.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.