Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 401 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, I don't see it in Google but I can see it when I open the "incognito" tab.
The tech used looks exactly what I was describing for F&F, cool.

Might be blocked by an extension then.

Dynamic Attractions.

Dun dun duuuun.

Seriously though, multiple sources have told me that, recently, and back when the KidsZone plans were still active, so, when I saw that video, I kinda freaked out.

(Of course the original MK plans seemed like a basic busbar to me, but maybe they improved upon it... Or perhaps it’s been poorly explained to me.)

I always thought dynamic was doing it...

Last edited by a moderator:
If this coaster isn’t Mario Kart there’s another IP that can use it. I was just thinking what, besides Mario Kart and also the previously mentioned F&F, could be used for such a coaster concept? One that can provide high speed, high thrills, be a big looming outside coaster for the thrill junkies, include racing, and also be highly themed.

Then it dawned on me:

I’m not really a fan of the series btw. I just see a metric :poop: ton of potential here.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
If it's for something similar to VOID (but on a larger scale if you will), then sure. But I don't buy this in the parks, if this has any form of reality.
That was my first thought, maybe something for a new CityWalk equivalent at south park site. The capacity would only work as an upcharge thing, not an attraction in a theme park.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That was my first thought, maybe something for a new CityWalk equivalent at south park site. The capacity would only work as an upcharge thing, not an attraction in a theme park.

It'd make sense. Hell, back in the day, they were contemplating a JW escape room experience; but that never saw the day, so I wouldn't rule it out for another Universal IP.

Also...Jurassic World isn't in Park 3. :lol:

Patent's Skip: Patents.. ;)

FB2 is opening very weakly domestically: $62 million opening weekend, well under expectations. WB may have to revamp how they finish that series because that doesn't bode well if they really do plan 3 more movies of this...

Obviously, I'd imagine that Universal execs are watching those numbers closely, and it's tough to see how those numbers lend themselves to enduring popularity that would justify any kind of presence in the parks.

First one had a $74m opening weekend and middle sequals in a series typically do a bit less.

So not totally surprising but I'm sure they were hoping it would do better.

Reviews have been mixed and a bit weak

The movie's also just not terribly good or interesting until its third act. Too little, too late. It does set up what could be a compelling sequel, but we shouldn't have been made to sit through CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD, which is mostly just an exercise in treading water, to get there.

I think there are elements of these FB movies - Newt's briefcase menagerie and the even larger one under his flat - that could make for amazing attractions, but I think the next movie needs to be quite a bit better to justify getting a spotlight in a theme park.

Reactions: leavesonthelawn
First one had a $74m opening weekend and middle sequals in a series typically do a bit less.

So not totally surprising but I'm sure they were hoping it would do better.

Reviews have been mixed and a bit weak
I’m 28. I’m the same age as the potter cast. I grew up alongside them in age and read/watched every single Harry Potter book/movie when it first came out. I first visited WWofHP in 2011. I’m a huge HP fan. But, I haven’t even seen/read and have zero interest in watching the Fantasic Beast series. I know I’m not in the minority in this. This should not have a presence in the new park. Just my humble opinion.

I mean it’s a theme park. As long as you can create a world off the idea that’s all that matter. We need the fantastic beasts part in the part. Not the Grindewald part.
I mean if they do create an area for it I’ll still visit and enjoy it for what it is. It’s an IP that’s never been used before. So that excites me.

I mean it’s a theme park. As long as you can create a world off the idea that’s all that matter. We need the fantastic beasts part in the part. Not the Grindewald part.
Yeah, who's to say it can't just..shall we say, remove the Grindlewald part; and focus on magical creatures from across the globe?

I mean, obviously that's what they would do.

It's just a question of IF they will do it if the FB series' appeal dwindles further with the third movie.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.