Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 426 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Classic Monsters.... I would love a Frankenstein's coaster... this is something I had thought up about a month ago:

Dr. Frankenstein's Creation
Queue is a walk-through of Castle Frankenstein, primarily his laboratory, with lots of Tesla coils and a strong electricity theme
Ride is a high speed coaster (similar to Hulk)
At the beginning of the ride, lightning strikes, coils light up, ride blasts off, Dr. Frankenstein shouts "IT'S ALIVE!"​

The ride could be built cheap enough to keep it practical for a new theme park, but offer high speeds for thrill seekers.
It would be focused on Doctor Frankenstein rather than the Monster, so the Monster could be used elsewhere (e.g. a comprehensive Classic Monsters show or ride).

Last edited:
Dr. Frankenstein's Creation
Queue is a walk-through of Castle Frankenstein, primarily his laboratory, with lots of Tesla coils and a strong electricity theme
Ride is a high speed coaster (similar to Hulk)
At the beginning of the ride, lightning strikes, coils light up, ride blasts off, Dr. Frankenstein shouts "IT'S ALIVE!"​

Definitely bordering on an identical Hulk, but there are a couple of things that could mix it up - have it indoors, for extra lighting control, would take away some of the visual comparisons. I'd almost say start it off more similarly to Mummy, with a practical set of the laboratory at the actual launch. Simple, but if they pushed it to Hulk levels of an experience, would be well worth it.

Reactions: gator and RFRees
This afternoon I was looking at this area of the infrastructure plans:

UOR_South_Drainage.PNG

And it occurred to me that the water supply and sewer pipes show a pretty clear hub and spoke type layout for the new park. I think the pipes should run on the borders between lands, and this makes sense with the shown driveways from the perimeter road to be access roads between each area. I've more clearly marked the perimeter road(red) and the water pipes(blues):

UOR_South_Drainage_Labeled.png

The presumed entrance is in orange, and I've numbered the different sectors in case everyone wants to start speculating on what might go where within the park. An intriguing question is what's going on in the northern sections labeled 5 and 6, because the plans depict very little here. Some possibilities:
- A massive Dreamworks or Nintendo land
- A large (1000+? room) hotel
- They only have half of the park designed so the layout here is still forthcoming

This afternoon I was looking at this area of the infrastructure plans:
View attachment 8550

And it occurred to me that the water supply and sewer pipes show a pretty clear hub and spoke type layout for the new park. I think the pipes should run on the borders between lands, and this makes sense with the shown driveways from the perimeter road to be access roads between each area. I've more clearly marked the perimeter road(red) and the water pipes(blues):
View attachment 8551

The presumed entrance is in orange, and I've numbered the different sectors in case everyone wants to start speculating on what might go where within the park. An intriguing question is what's going on in the northern sections labeled 5 and 6, because the plans depict very little here. Some possibilities:
- A massive Dreamworks or Nintendo land
- A large (1000+? room) hotel
- They only have half of the park designed so the layout here is still forthcoming
A type of Hub & Spoke design is what a few of us heard privately from a very key insider that had seen the early plans. I mentioned that some months ago in a couple of posts. Your speculation makes sense, if indeed the plans haven't changed.

Last edited:
Also, considering what was rumored in regards to DW..perhaps you are onto something with it's size.
As I think about it more, there's also a possibility that they put attractions in the southern portion of 6 next to the border with 7 and the hub, and then a smaller hotel in the northern section.

My gut is telling me that Dreamworks and Nintendo are areas 4 and 7, although I'm not sure which goes where.

Honestly "Fantastic Worlds" will grow on me, it's not too less generic than Islands of Adventure, so I'm not bothered.

That being said, I can't wait to see the design start to shape up. As a designer, part of what makes Islands work is the logo, typography, and visual identity assigned to it. I'm not feeling the design of the wordmark right now, or the logo as a whole, but as this is very early in the process, I'm sure it'll find itself.

I don’t know why I keep reading on other sites if true still that their will be 4 themed lands but very large. Is their not enough interest to expand the themed lands number to 6 or 7? Of course their is enough space. When do you think we will hear more official announcements about the fourth gate? I know I’ve asked this before. But Universal seems to be slowly slowly taking their time of announcing anything Fourth Gate related at this time I understand. No possible park map layout or blueprint, how many lands their will be and what the names of the lands will be, is it official their will be 4 lands, what the names of the rides, shows will be and could their be future transportation like a ferry or a rail line monorail service similar to Disney. I would think by WDW’s 50th anniversary or in 2020 we will hear the actual themed lands of the fourth gate.

I don’t know why I keep reading on other sites if true still that their will be 4 themed lands but very large. Is their not enough interest to expand the themed lands number to 6 or 7? Of course their is enough space. When do you think we will hear more official announcements about the fourth gate? I know I’ve asked this before. But Universal seems to be slowly slowly taking their time of announcing anything Fourth Gate related at this time I understand. No possible park map layout or blueprint, how many lands their will be and what the names of the lands will be, is it official their will be 4 lands, what the names of the rides, shows will be and could their be future transportation like a ferry or a rail line monorail service similar to Disney. I would think by WDW’s 50th anniversary or in 2020 we will hear the actual themed lands of the fourth gate.
Uni might say something around 2022.

Four worlds. Multiple lands.

Nintendo is one world with three lands.

I mean, look at what others have been..somewhat alluding towards in the conversation of DWA for Gate 4. In a similar sense to Nintendo, they seem to be going to the direction of a large "world", that's filled with multiple lands and attractions based off of DWA's IP's.

Reactions: RevFreako
Let's look at it this way:

We expect the four worlds to be -

A World of Play (Nintendo)
A World of Dreams (DreamWorks)
A World of Magic (Fantastic Beasts)
A World of Monsters (Classic Monsters)

Nintendo, we know, includes at least 2 lands (Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong Jungle), that may become 3 with Yoshi's Island. Regardless, that includes three rides and at least one play area.

DreamWorks will likely have at least 3 lands, and maybe 4. Each land will likely have at least one ride (maybe two in a couple). At least one land will include some sort of play area.

Right there, we can assume seven to ten rides/attractions.

Magic and Monsters I expect to have at least two lands each (somehow), with one to three rides/attractions in each. Minimum expectation, we have 12 rides/attractions. That's a full day park. Even LOW expectations of 10 rides is a full day. Hopeful expectations puts an average of four major attractions a world, so 16.

That feels... Accurate.

Let's look at it this way:

We expect the four worlds to be -

A World of Play (Nintendo)
A World of Dreams (DreamWorks)
A World of Magic (Fantastic Beasts)
A World of Monsters (Classic Monsters)

Nintendo, we know, includes at least 2 lands (Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong Jungle), that may become 3 with Yoshi's Island. Regardless, that includes three rides and at least one play area.

DreamWorks will likely have at least 3 lands, and maybe 4. Each land will likely have at least one ride (maybe two in a couple). At least one land will include some sort of play area.

Right there, we can assume seven to ten rides/attractions.

Magic and Monsters I expect to have at least two lands each (somehow), with one to three rides/attractions in each. Minimum expectation, we have 12 rides/attractions. That's a full day park. Even LOW expectations of 10 rides is a full day. Hopeful expectations puts an average of four major attractions a world, so 16.

That feels... Accurate.
If Nintendo and Dreamworks each have 3 major rides and Fantastic Beasts and Classic Monsters each have 2, that gives 10 large attractions, and adding 1-2 small(kids?) rides or shows per world makes it a full day park, or at least one that is comparable to IOA.

Looking back to my map at the top of the page, I'm wondering if it could really be as simple as:
Fantastic Beasts - Area 2 (8 acres)
Classic Monsters - Area 3 (8 acres)
Dreamworks - Area 4 (14 acres)
Nintendo - Area 7 (14 acres)

That park would hardly be 70 acres total, but the math seems like it could work as long as there are no sprawling rides like JRPA or the potter coaster, and especially so if Universal is fully embracing multilevel lands like Nintendo was/is planned to be.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.