Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 474 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA is an absolutely beautiful park, with great attractions, and pretty strong theming. USJ has a lot of attractions, many quite good, but it's setting with overpasses and such in the sightlines, and a Studios type hodgepodge layout, kind of detracts from any beauty.

I'd still take T2 over the other existing attractions you mentioned except for Kong.

T2 was a good preshow and a good first few minutes that completely fell apart once the 3D started

And Flying Dinosaur is one hell of a coaster. Don’t be so sure that the new JP coaster will beat it.

I think the IoA one will be less intense/more enjoyable (Flying Dino has a reputation of being too intense), more aesthetically pleasing, and have actual show scenes

IOA is an absolutely beautiful park, with great attractions, and pretty strong theming. USJ has a lot of attractions, many quite good, but it's setting with overpasses and such in the sightlines, and a Studios type hodgepodge layout, kind of detracts from any beauty.

Tbh, I care more about the attractions than the theming. USJ has a better attractions lineup, hands down. And better theming in most parts as well. You have overpasses every so often, but it’s not enough to ruin the theming. And with the way UC is going with the likes of Potter and Nintendo, sightlines will no longer be an issue for the park in the future.

But this is best suited for its own thread.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
My biggest question is how they plan to turn universal into a week long vacation destination with the addition of 1 park?? What am i missing??

T2 was a good preshow and a good first few minutes that completely fell apart once the 3D started

I think the IoA one will be less intense/more enjoyable (Flying Dino has a reputation of being too intense), more aesthetically pleasing, and have actual show scenes

I thought T2 was a solid experience from start to finish but you can only watch these shows so many times.

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf
My biggest question is how they plan to turn universal into a week long vacation destination with the addition of 1 park?? What am i missing??

Disney with 4 parks is a week+ long destination for many, with many people on Disney boards that I read talking about doing 2 weeks and spending 10 days in the parks (which I personally don't get).

With their current 2 parks I typically like to spend a week at the resort with ~3 days in the parks (and equal down days just relaxing.)

IMO Adding in a 3rd park will easily make it a week long destination for many that will spend 3-5 days across the 3 parks.

Disney with 4 parks is a week+ long destination for many, with many people on Disney boards that I read talking about doing 2 weeks and spending 10 days in the parks (which I personally don't get).

With their current 2 parks I typically like to spend a week at the resort with ~3 days in the parks (and equal down days just relaxing.)

IMO Adding in a 3rd park will easily make it a week long destination for many that will spend 3-5 days across the 3 parks.
Yeah. we'll do 10 to 14 days a trip at Universal . We spend lots of time relaxing at the resorts and enjoying their ambiance & their fantastic pools, and partying at CitiWalk, as an addendum to touring the parks. Taking it slow and easy is the way to a relaxing leisurely vacation.

Good point, Also i always forget about volcano bay so i guess i can see it somewhat. I just think the new park needs to be a a two day draw to really spend a full week there. Now i dont do magic kingdom but does magic kingdom have enough to make it a 2day visit, just trying to size up the two...

Good point, Also i always forget about volcano bay so i guess i can see it somewhat. I just think the new park needs to be a a two day draw to really spend a full week there. Now i dont do magic kingdom but does magic kingdom have enough to make it a 2day visit, just trying to size up the two...
MK is easily two days, could be three if you're in no hurry. Plus it depends how many hours you spend in a park during a day. Some do 6, some do 8, some do 10 or 12.

Tbh, I care more about the attractions than the theming. USJ has a better attractions lineup, hands down. And better theming in most parts as well. You have overpasses every so often, but it’s not enough to ruin the theming. And with the way UC is going with the likes of Potter and Nintendo, sightlines will no longer be an issue for the park in the future.

But this is best suited for its own thread.
Same how Disneyland is Disney’s best park if you’re looking at what it offers behind just one gate. Imo if that’s the metric for a great park it’s the best theme park made by anyone. Bar none.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Burke admited in that conference call last year that most families currently only spend 2-3 days at Universal Orlando Resort.

The additions over the next 5 years are meant to increase that to a week, not just through adding 1 new park, but also by adding more on-site hotel options (including cheaper ones). More days at the pool while still spending money on-site is always good for them. Plus, adding a park makes buying that 5-day hopper pass seem all the more worth it, ya know!

And there may be some more CityWalk type entertainment options on the way as well. Escape rooms, Virtual Reality and the like could help balance out that week-long vacation quite nicely.

But yea, I think a new theme park is key, as that's when you can really start selling people on extra days. Oh c'mon, the 5-day pass is only $10 more than the 4-day pass, what've you got to lose? That's how Disney gets you, next thing you know you got a whole extra day of 40 dollar character meals and 6 dollar ice creams times a family of 4.

You forgot to add the four days at "Strong Water Tavern". :cheers:

That’s a valid point. A relaxing day at the hotel is an easy additional day and @Alicia makes great points above as well.

Cabana Bay offers a great day for families with bowling and great pools with movies at night plus a wide selection of on site restaurants. Add mini golf and possible escape rooms at CityWalk.

Add a new theme park and a water park and a family could spend a week at Universal comfortably.

Burke admited in that conference call last year that most families currently only spend 2-3 days at Universal Orlando Resort.

The additions over the next 5 years are meant to increase that to a week, not just through adding 1 new park.

Well thats for sure, but the excerpt from the article made them sound very sure of themselves with saying "fantastic worlds" will turn a 2-3day vacation into a week long one, so i took that to heart like what the hell are they about to construct in one park to make that possible.

A chaotic fastpass system sure does create the necessity to stay longer in some theme parks...

As for Uni, we've stayed 10 nights the last few years for HHN. When you factor in a day or two at each park, VB at least twice, pool days when chilling before HHN, later nights at Citywalk at the cinema/bars etc and genuinely take a relaxed approach to the vacay...it's sometimes not enough time! But I do like to chill on holiday and beer tastes best when you and it are chilled :cheers:

Yeah. we'll do 10 to 14 days a trip at Universal . We spend lots of time relaxing at the resorts and enjoying their ambiance & their fantastic pools, and partying at CitiWalk, as an addendum to touring the parks. Taking it slow and easy is the way to a relaxing leisurely vacation.

I need to start mowing your lawn so that you can share that wealth!

We used to do 10 days enjoying the parks, pools, and CityWalk. Now with kids we're planning on universal for 8-10 days one year, then somewhere local/cheaper the next year, then Disney 8-10 days the next year, rinse and repeat. It should keep the parks new and the off year will let us save

I need to start mowing your lawn so that you can share that wealth!

We used to do 10 days enjoying the parks, pools, and CityWalk. Now with kids we're planning on universal for 8-10 days one year, then somewhere local/cheaper the next year, then Disney 8-10 days the next year, rinse and repeat. It should keep the parks new and the off year will let us save
The new hotels at Universal should help your budget, and still be able to stay on site....Disney is ridiculously high though. We've cut back to a Disney on site stay just once ever 3 or 4 years. Too expensive & too much planning. But I do love their parks. Just not the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.