Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a few pages behind...
So since this is Blue Sky, here's my prediction on how the park will open:

Nintendo:
Mario Kart
Yoshi
Donkey Kong Thrill Ride
Donkey Kong Play Area
Mario Play area
Flat ride or two(?)

Monsters:
E-ticket
Walkthrough

Fantastic Beasts:
Ministry of Magic E-ticket
Second E(?)-ticket
I'm guessing there will be more to this land, but what it could be I couldn't tell you

DreamWorks:
2 Shrek Attractions
HTTYD family thrill ride
HTTYD flat ride(?)
Trolls Boat ride
Trolls Play Area
Kung Fu Panda area from Beijing (still think there's a chance this is the first expansion for the park)

EDIT: I didn't include shows, parades, or meet and greets.

I've been wondering if the second E-ticket in FB could be a coaster similar to the new Hogsmeade one or a true water ride. I'm not familiar with them, but would either of those options make any sense in the FB storylines? I'm also optimistic that it includes a flat ride or two so that Fantastic Beasts World ends up similar to post-coaster Hogsmeade in terms or rides.

For Dreamworks, I'm thinking each mini-land will have one major attraction, a stage show or smaller second attraction (C-ticket), and 1-2 kids flats or play areas. If there are going to be any large "unthemed" coasters, I would expect them to be in the Dreamworks area, potentially HTTYD.

I doubt that they will have any parades in the individual worlds, but instead will use the hub for parades and other large scale entertainment.

Been thinking, rather than building this park with an eye to moving HHN there, what if they build it with the thought in mind of a family alternative to MNSSHP?

The prior page was recapping the previous year at the existing parks and from all the copyrights it sounds like a character group photo at USF was included. I wouldn't read into it too much. The only 4th park thing shown is Nintendo and that's included in the copyrights. The rest could all be from the opposite page and related to USF/IOA.

Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me, but that's just another reason why this still feels fake.

Let it be known, it's entirely possible someone is attempting to tank my career by feeding me false information that plays into the types of rumors I tend to cover - perhaps in an attempt to ruin my credibility before I get any better at covering theme park rumors...

Or, Universal just whipped that logo up real quick for a closed-door meeting and had no intention of it ever seeing the light of day, therefore they didn't take the time to create a new logo font from scratch, as they probably will later on for the official version.

Yea, probably the second one. (But just in case there is a conspiracy against me. Don't think I don't think that you baddies! I'm on to you, maybe, if there is a you.)
Your instincts have been solid as long as I have known you (5 years). I think you know what is real info and what is bait. Run with what you know, in the long run it will show that your are true to the truth and if you get played it is just part of the game not the end of your career. Just look at some of the others (clickbait) still there after all these years. Not a high bar for the truth but what I see from you has been stellar ;)

Your instincts have been solid as long as I have known you (5 years). I think you know what is real info and what is bait. Run with what you know, in the long run it will show that your are true to the truth and if you get played it is just part of the game not the end of your career. Just look at some of the others (clickbait) still there after all these years. Not a high bar for the truth but what I see from you has been stellar ;)
A-leak-A Stellar :clap:

USJ is great for people who visit twice a year because everytime you go something will be new ride overlay etc while UOR is better for the yearly visitor. Which is why I truly hope this new park is made for that as well. To easily be able to transform the park on the regular basis will continue to keep guests who visited once coming back and new worlds will attract guests who have never been.

READY PLAYER ONE feels like it would belong in the Studios if it were to ever show up, anyway.
I agree with this. This could replace Shrek, Fear Factor, the animal show, etc., I feel like it could literally go anywhere in the park aside from Diagon.

And I would argue, people shouldn't think of it strictly as a "Ready Player One" ride. Think of it as an opportunity for Universal to get super nostalgic... think of this similar to the Hanna Barbera ride. Have multiple vehicles, all Universal properties: DeLorean from BTTF (featured in RPO), KITT from Knight Rider (NBC, also featured in RPO), and Echo-1 from Ghost Busters. If you want a fourth vehicle they could likely negotiate the rights to The Mystery Machine (Scooby-Doo) or Bumblebee (Transformers).

The ride itself would be a no-brainer: base it off the first challenge from the movie (the race), but with tons of additions. Yes have Kong and a T-Rex attacking you for two easy Universal references, but you could also have Jaws and The Mummy. Have The Blues Brothers, Fallon, the F&F crew, Bourne, and Mario racing against you. Also include scenes which reference Disaster/Earthquake, Twister, Back-Draft, Water World, BTTF, and any other ride/movie I'm missing.

I'm not just saying this because I would 'love to see it', I honestly think it would be a great idea for a ride which people would thoroughly enjoy. Now whether Warner Bros (who produced/distributed RPO) would allow for Universal to have the rights to their movie, just so they can advertise themselves in it... that's a different story. (It would be nice if WB saw this as an opportunity to advertise their own IPs, but they'd probably just want more money for every IP used.)

Side note: Can I just tell everyone how hard it is to search for "ready player one" on these forums, since many refer to it as RPO? The search box does not allow for searches with only three characters.

Personally I wouldn't hold my breath for a Ready Player One attraction. The movie didn't finish in the top 20 domestic box office, or top 10 worldwide for 2018. I doubt there will be a sequel and it just seems like it will be a one and done movie based on how it performed vs. expectations.

Personally I wouldn't hold my breath for a Ready Player One attraction. The movie didn't finish in the top 20 domestic box office, or top 10 worldwide for 2018. I doubt there will be a sequel and it just seems like it will be a one and done movie based on how it performed vs. expectations.

Yea I still don't understand why RPO is ever discussed here. The film was not a commercial juggernaut, didn't really penetrate the public consciousness, and at this point a ride would open 3+ years after the movie came out

Yea I still don't understand why RPO is ever discussed here. The film was not a commercial juggernaut, didn't really penetrate the public consciousness, and at this point a ride would open 3+ years after the movie came out

And before people bring up "What about Waterworld? That movie bmobed and it has an attraction/show", one should note that the attraction opened at USH the same time as the movie came out. So it's existence is based on pre-release expectations (which they totally missed the mark on). If they had waited until the movie came out before planning to build it, I'm sure it would have been scrapped.

Also too, Waterworld wasn't a colossal "bomb" like many people make it out to be. It finished in the top 20 domestically (#12) and top 10 globally the year it came out. It just took a ton of Box Office criticism because of how expensive the movie was to make (the highest priced ever at the time). It made a decent amount of profit in the end.

I think the appeal of a potential READY PLAYER ONE ride is that the very conceit of it would allow you to integrate virtually any IP - past or present - without much convoluted, in-story justification. Anything can show up in the Oasis.

It could also provide a framework for a "Great Universal Movie Ride"-type experience that has an internal, built-in logic. It gives an easy avenue to visit films and characters from the past.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily green-light such a ride, and I certainly don't think it's likely to come. But I get why it would have an appeal.

I think the appeal of a potential READY PLAYER ONE ride is that the very conceit of it would allow you to integrate virtually any IP - past or present - without much convoluted, in-story justification. Anything can show up in the Oasis.

It could also provide a framework for a "Great Universal Movie Ride"-type experience that has an internal, built-in logic. It gives an easy avenue to visit films and characters from the past.
But like...you don't need to have logic behind a Great Movie Ride. It can just exist. Which is a lot cheaper than paying WB for the licensing rights for a movie that wasn't all that popular. Not to mention paying a slew of others for licensing of the characters in the film.

But like...you don't need to have logic behind a Great Movie Ride. It can just exist. Which is a lot cheaper than paying WB for the licensing rights for a movie that wasn't all that popular. Not to mention paying a slew of others for licensing of the characters in the film.

See my addendum to my previous comment. I don't think we have much disagreement here. I was just making the case for why some people could see such an attraction fitting.

IoA JP coaster is gonna be better than Flying Dinosaur, and by a comfortable margin..

I think the IoA one will be less intense/more enjoyable (Flying Dino has a reputation of being too intense),

Once again, I'm bewildered by the anti-big coaster sentiment on here. Having a couple of big coasters is what makes Universal stand out from Disney. Without intense thrills, what makes Universal different?

As good as Pottercoaster looks, I'm still, to put it lightly...displeased...about the loss of Dragons. If it means making up for a lost thrill ride, I couldn't care less about the theming, particularly when they already ruined the JP area with Kong.

B&M flyers aren't that intense anyhow, and supposedly we're getting a minimum of four inversions for JP Coaster. So that's good to know.

Last edited:

I'm not saying I'd necessarily green-light such a ride, and I certainly don't think it's likely to come. But I get why it would have an appeal.
I agree 100% to everything in your post.
You literally don't have to feature any of the non-Universal IPs aside from the RPO name/characters.
I guess we'll wait and see if there's a sequel then.

I agree 100% to everything in your post.

You literally don't have to feature any of the non-Universal IPs aside from the RPO name/characters.

You're gonna get a sequel in book form. No movie.

If we're ditching all but the people from RPO, I don't see why we need RPO at all. RPO's main appeal is how much it draws from the past - the OASIS is a love letter to the fictional creator's love of the 80s. Other decades get thrown in, as it's a giant encyclopedia by the time Wade is in it.

The concept of having a ride comprised of easter eggs (like Carnival Graveyard in HHN last year, actually) would be fun for people who really know Universal movies and parks. Doing a Great Movie Ride style would be more attractive to the average day guest.

The book is getting a sequel. The movie will most likely not.

You're gonna get a sequel in book form. No movie.
I'm so glad you can predict the future. :p Let's revisit this in a few decades when you are proven to be right.

Y
If we're ditching all but the people from RPO, I don't see why we need RPO at all.
I wasn't recommending ditching everything, I'm suggesting Universal already owns and/or has the theme park rights to enough content to make a ride work without having to pay for much. From the RPO movie: Kong, Jurassic Park (unofficially), BTTF, KITT, Ghostbusters (unofficially). Mario, Hello Kitty, and other friendly-to-Universal IPs also make appearances in the film.

I'm suggesting you don't need all the various IPs which appear in the film. For example, you don't need Disney to give the OK to use Star Wars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.