Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo my turn

SNW:
Mario Kart
Yoshi
DK coaster
Luigi’s Mansion Shooter
Play areas

DW:
Berk:
- HTTYD Mack Inverted with AAs and obvious screens
- HTTYD stage show/Toothless meet and greet
Far Far Away Land:
-Shrek swamp boat ride
-Shrek Omnimover basic retelling
Trolls:
- Trackless dark ride getting away from the Bergens
-Trolls dance party
KFP
- replica of Beijing

FB:
Indoor coaster through Newts trunk
E-ticket Ministry of Magic ride- likely interactive
Bakery

Classic Monsters
Dark ride through settings of each monster. Dracula, Frankenstein’s monster, creature from black lagoon, phantom, invisible man, mummy

Dracula’s castle walkthrough. Not a year round haunted house, but more of a show.

Hub
Still think a large futuristic travel agency with ports to the worlds. Possible indoor rocket coaster here with sets of each world in the ride as a preview.

Will see flats and other meet and greets also.

Your dark ride of Classic Monsters could pave a way to its own Great Movie Ride style of ride. The biggest difference being today's tech would allow for a significantly more impressive ride. Frankly, this would be a scenario where they could reuse the Kong/F&F trackless ride system. If we're given full practical sets, complete with AAs and possibly some actors, it would be something both nostalgic and fresh at the same time.

Plus, it wouldn't necessarily go on for 20+ minutes like GMR. Smaller number of recreations = abbreviated show/ride time.

Reactions: belloq87
Regarding Trolls, I would think especially with the upcoming film focused heavily on showing there are more troll villages out there based on different music genres, it will likely be a dark ride in IASW manner to showcase that rather than having Trolls getting away from Bergen's etc who aren't even their enemy anymore.

I also think Dreamworks will be the biggest land due to the fact they have the most family friendly IPs compared to the main studio....however I would think Universal Classic Monster would get the first expansion.

As for FB, I assume if they do plan to have it part of the park, it would actually be the smallest at start compared to the others. It also makes no sense for WB to be fighting about a park name which they will also profit from so I'm also think FB may be somewhat on the edge of not making it into the lineup.

Regarding Trolls, I would think especially with the upcoming film focused heavily on showing there are more troll villages out there based on different music genres, it will likely be a dark ride in IASW manner to showcase that rather than having Trolls getting away from Bergen's etc who aren't even their enemy anymore.

I also think Dreamworks will be the biggest land due to the fact they have the most family friendly IPs compared to the main studio....however I would think Universal Classic Monster would get the first expansion.

As for FB, I assume if they do plan to have it part of the park, it would actually be the smallest at start compared to the others. It also makes no sense for WB to be fighting about a park name which they will also profit from so I'm also think FB may be somewhat on the edge of not making it into the lineup.

FB is bigger than Monsters. Monsters is relatively small.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Could be wrong, but would guess monsters will have a dedicated expansion pad if it shows popular. I know there will be built in areas for expansion, but unsure if all lands will have it or not. Monsters being small seems like a test.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Could be wrong, but would guess monsters will have a dedicated expansion pad if it shows popular. I know there will be built in areas for expansion, but unsure if all lands will have it or not. Monsters being small seems like a test.

I'll be honest, Monsters comes off as a placeholder to me. Everyone who's told me about it has stressed that it will absolutely be the first thing replaced in the plans if something better pops up. I don't think anyone should be expecting a sprawling Monster land in the future.

I'll be honest, Monsters comes off as a placeholder to me. Everyone who's told me about it has stressed that it will absolutely be the first thing replaced in the plans if something better pops up. I don't think anyone should be expecting a sprawling Monster land in the future.
Gotcha. Figured it was just their “original” land and willing to expand it. I also see why it would be first to go. Small market for the audience compared to the other IPs involved.

I can..actually buy that.

Monsters wouldn't be something that'd be on the top of everyone's list, and if things go in a way for Universal to get a larger IP (let's say..something Looney Tunes/Hanna Barbera oriented) over Monsters, they may opt in and decide to book at that option.

It's likely going to have to be something down to the wires when Universal is at a stage before beginning construction to decide.

Reactions: truejonas
So since this is Blue Sky, here's my prediction on how the park will open:

Nintendo:
Mario Kart
Yoshi
Donkey Kong Thrill Ride
Donkey Kong Play Area
Mario Play area
Flat ride or two(?)

Monsters:
E-ticket
Walkthrough

Fantastic Beasts:
Ministry of Magic E-ticket
Second E(?)-ticket
I'm guessing there will be more to this land, but what it could be I couldn't tell you

DreamWorks:
2 Shrek Attractions
HTTYD family thrill ride
HTTYD flat ride(?)
Trolls Boat ride
Trolls Play Area
Kung Fu Panda area from Beijing (still think there's a chance this is the first expansion for the park)

EDIT: I didn't include shows, parades, or meet and greets.
If that’s what it ends up being I see why they would need a Nintendo property to headline the park. Pokémon would’ve easily gotten the job done but that’s water under the bridge.

Screamscape posted some tid-bits from Alicia’s article, and I noticed in the copyright section, it mentioned Scooby-Doo. Is Hanna-Barberra going to get some love in this park?
The prior page was recapping the previous year at the existing parks and from all the copyrights it sounds like a character group photo at USF was included. I wouldn't read into it too much. The only 4th park thing shown is Nintendo and that's included in the copyrights. The rest could all be from the opposite page and related to USF/IOA.

Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me, but that's just another reason why this still feels fake.

Let it be known, it's entirely possible someone is attempting to tank my career by feeding me false information that plays into the types of rumors I tend to cover - perhaps in an attempt to ruin my credibility before I get any better at covering theme park rumors...

Or, Universal just whipped that logo up real quick for a closed-door meeting and had no intention of it ever seeing the light of day, therefore they didn't take the time to create a new logo font from scratch, as they probably will later on for the official version.

Yea, probably the second one. (But just in case there is a conspiracy against me. Don't think I don't think that you baddies! I'm on to you, maybe, if there is a you.)

The prior page was recapping the previous year at the existing parks and from all the copyrights it sounds like a character group photo at USF was included. I wouldn't read into it too much. The only 4th park thing shown is Nintendo and that's included in the copyrights. The rest could all be from the opposite page and related to USF/IOA.

Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me, but that's just another reason why this still feels fake.

Let it be known, it's entirely possible someone is attempting to tank my career by feeding me false information that plays into the types of rumors I tend to cover - perhaps in an attempt to ruin my credibility before I get any better at covering theme park rumors...

Or, Universal just whipped that logo up real quick for a closed-door meeting and had no intention of it ever seeing the light of day, therefore they didn't take the time to create a new logo font from scratch, as they probably will later on for the official version.

Yea, probably the second one. (But just in case there is a conspiracy against me. Don't think I don't think that you baddies! I'm on to you, maybe, if there is a you.)

If it is false information this reminds me of the long term prank I'm currently playing on of my friends for about 15 years now. In my parents house, they have two crystals that look pretty much identical to what you used to win on a tv show called the Crystal Maze. I told my friend that they were on it and that's how they have them. I've went as far as to Photoshop their faces onto contestants on the show, add a Sky TV GUI over it and put it on my tv and take a photo of the screen for extra authenticity. He now watches the show religiously to try and catch the episode which obviously doesn't exist.

But let's say it is fake, the only outcome is that it's gave us something else to talk about, it doesn't hurt your credibility since you've hit the nail on the head for Jurassic Park and the Potter coaster.

If it is real, then it's only a temporary. There's zero chance it's the logo going to be used. It's far too early in the development stage and like you said, it was probably whipped up quickly for a presentation.

If it is false information this reminds me of the long term prank I'm currently playing on of my friends for about 15 years now. In my parents house, they have two crystals that look pretty much identical to what you used to win on a tv show called the Crystal Maze. I told my friend that they were on it and that's how they have them. I've went as far as to Photoshop their faces onto contestants on the show, add a Sky TV GUI over it and put it on my tv and take a photo of the screen for extra authenticity. He now watches the show religiously to try and catch the episode which obviously doesn't exist.
You are evil lol.

OMG That's truly amazing. I am in awe of your pranking patience.

But let's say it is fake, the only outcome is that it's gave us something else to talk about, it doesn't hurt your credibility since you've hit the nail on the head for Jurassic Park and the Potter coaster.

If it is real, then it's only a temporary. There's zero chance it's the logo going to be used. It's far too early in the development stage and like you said, it was probably whipped up quickly for a presentation.
As there is no verification for these docs and images I have put a disclaimer on the article and in my podcast. You really can't be sure of anything until confirmed by Universal.

Yea, they seem legit to me, just temporary logos.

Still, these look way better already than that early Islands of Adventure logo.

Reactions: Mike S
Which would be a bad move imo to have it and Mario in the same park when other options exist. USJ doesn’t have any other option so for them it would be fine.

Another reason why USJ will always be the best Universal park. Perfect location, the best attractions that Universal has ever made, perfect theming in almost every land in the park (JP excluded), tons of entertainment. Japan has to have everything -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.