Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the confidence booster, I wasn't really arguing that I believe Uni would downsize based on SWGE, just voicing a fear I have. Feeling better now. I know a lot can change... can wait until we start seeing more construction.

I'm like 78% certain Trolls will be in this park and if it is that is Day 1 for me. Followed by Nintendo being Day 2. Then Berk Day 3. Than UCM Day 4. Than Pokémon day 5. Then....oh crap I could literally spend a week in this park.

I'm like 78% certain Trolls will be in this park and if it is that is Day 1 for me. Followed by Nintendo being Day 2. Then Berk Day 3. Than UCM Day 4. Than Pokémon day 5. Then....oh crap I could literally spend a week in this park.
If I'm there more than two days, it's:

Day 1 - Berk
Day 2 - Everything else
Every day after - M-Fing Berk!

Dang, I gotta watch HTTYD then. Honestly though, having just that in FW if Pokemon and Mario are there then I truly don't see the issue. Its not like DWA is being used solely in FW, we have the rest of UO as well. Toon Lagoon Theatre is empty, Lost Continent, kid zone, Shrek theatre, Rip Ride Rocket area. Just cause its only HTTYD for FW (if true) doesn't mean we won't lose out on other opportunities. For me the easiest thing they could do is put a trolls show in the toon lagoon theatre. Kids LOVE them.

Absolutely not. Disney does not dictate what Universal creates.

They can do but it's a one way street. If Disney speeds up, Universal speeds but if Disney slow down, Universal aren't breaking pace for anybody. Universal are happy to be at the front of the pack for creativity but refuse to be left behind.

Universal 'gets it' when it comes to the new immersive lands philosophy, Diagon/Hogsmeade. They don't skimp on entertainment,mood, interaction, music, food/beverages and all the other little things that really 'make the lands immersive and repeatable'. And they use locations the visitors can identify with. The lands feel alive with a pulse of their own. Rides/Attractions are of course essential, and they do a great job on that end to. Thus I'm fully confident the FW will be equally immersive , fun and entertaining.

I'm still a little nervous about Universal's approach to lands and rides beyond Potter but there's a lot of positives to take:

• Jurassic World at USH looks fantastic and it's their own IP
  • Nintendo will probably be just as strict about their IPs as Potter
  • F&F might have been a dud but it couldn't have happened at a better time, they've learned a hard lesson
  • Hagrid is becoming a classic and it's only opened a few weeks. The new gained confidence and the ability to execute crazy big ideas could result in more ambitious rides at FW

So its back to the new park? Not kidzone?

Apparently if you design something for KidsZone it’ll get scrapped and moved to the new park. Can’t wait to see what’ll be planned for it and move to the new park next!

I'm getting conflicting info on Pokemon's location. I don't just assume it's showing up in FW yet.

I would hope Alicia is wrong here. Universal rewrote the book on getting people to buy park hoppers. Pokémon in USF guarantees that happens for Nintendo fans.

Not to mention a Tokyo area fits flawlessly into USF with its current direction of multiple real world locations.

So not only is it a better decision monetarily to stay in Kidzone, it is more thematically appropriate as well.

What if SNW were to fail somehow? It's good to have a backup plan. And this could be in response to the troubles that the Fantastic Beasts franchise has been having.

We’ll know in a year if SNW will fail or not. You don’t need to wait for it to open in Florida.

Granted, Japan is going to be a much different demographic; but if the rides are revolutionary or top tier like we’re expecting them to be, then any concerns can be removed.

Realistically, there is a chance that FW in and of itself could “fail” in the sense of failing to hit projections. DCA, IoA and DAK all missed projections heavily. But this is ~20-25 years later, so it’s an entirely new situation. It’ll be a fun watch, for sure.

I'd guess Dragons, Trolls, and Shrek would be the likely candidates to headline for the sake of DWA@UFW in the initial.

Think it’s a huge misstep leaving Trolls out of its just HTTYD. It needs a land somewhere and unless it takes over Kid Zone it should go into FW.

Agreed. Trolls needs to be in the Park day one.

Here is my one creative tip for the year for UC. They don’t even have to send me a check:

Make Trolls exactly like Little Mermaid at DisneySea. From the outside it can look like a mountain in Berk. But inside it can house 3-5 flat kid rides, a meet and greet, a show, a store, and a QS restaurant. All of which DisneySea has for little mermaid.

There ya go. Both IPs fully covered without impacting one another and giving you full experiences of each.
It’s just a big warehouse with rockwork and serves its purpose. There really isn’t a better way to do it, honestly.

I would hope Alicia is wrong here. Universal rewrote the book on getting people to buy park hoppers. Pokémon in USF guarantees that happens for Nintendo fans.

Realistically, there is a chance that FW in and of itself could “fail” in the sense of failing to hit projections. DCA, IoA and DAK all missed projections heavily. But this is ~20-25 years later, so it’s an entirely new situation. It’ll be a fun watch, for sure.

Personally I see these two points going hand-in-hand. Yes, it would make a ton of sense to split up Nintendo to ensure park-to-park ticket sales from Nintendo fans...but I think it makes even more sense to ensure your new park hits its marks. We've seen what happens when that doesn't happen. So you stack the deck for FW, while USF and IOA are still chugging along thanks to Potter. I think both lines of thinking have their positives and negatives

I like the idea of:

USF: Pokemon/Illumination Properties
IOA: Zelda/Illumination Properties
FW: Mario & Fam/Dreamworks Properties

Essentially FW would be the Nintendo anchor park, but it would make its way all around the resort.

Nintendo has such vast worlds and environments, so it would be hard for it to be 'overkill'

I like the idea of:

USF: Pokemon/Illumination Properties
IOA: Zelda/Illumination Properties
FW: Mario & Fam/Dreamworks Properties

Essentially FW would be the Nintendo anchor park, but it would make its way all around the resort.

Nintendo has such vast worlds and environments, so it would be hard for it to be 'overkill'

I think both options are fine. I would understand the desire to stack Fantastic Worlds

Make Trolls exactly like Little Mermaid at DisneySea. From the outside it can look like a mountain in Berk. But inside it can house 3-5 flat kid rides, a meet and greet, a show, a store, and a QS restaurant. All of which DisneySea has for little mermaid.

There ya go. Both IPs fully covered without impacting one another and giving you full experiences of each.
It’s just a big warehouse with rockwork and serves its purpose. There really isn’t a better way to do it, honestly.

While I agree with the concept, I hope they go for something closer to Minimoys Kingdom at Europa Park. I feel like the Mack Inverted Powered Coaster lends itself really well to a Trolls dark ride, and it gives them an E-Ticket that interacts with the land.

While I agree with the concept, I hope they go for something closer to Minimoys Kingdom at Europa Park. I feel like the Mack Inverted Powered Coaster lends itself really well to a Trolls dark ride, and it gives them an E-Ticket that interacts with the land.

You're going to need flats for little kids. So the choice becomes, which IP would you like to see that go towards?

HTTYD? Shrek? Trolls? Something else? Trolls seems the most obvious. I'd love a dark ride as well and the Mack coaster would work great there; but I also realize there has to be trade-offs and I doubt we get everything. I mean, if we get that in addition to the flats, I won't complain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.