Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 542 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SWGE is in another park. Why on earth would that affect Universal's plans?

My thought is if a brand new elaborate theme park land that for every reason should do gangbusters with theme park tourists and should be a huge event, for some reason flops, it sends a message that maybe the excitement for elaborate theme parks and lands is down and my the audience isn't as big or as eager as they once and anticipated so they scale back.

My thought is if a brand new elaborate theme park land that for every reason should do gangbusters with theme park tourists and should be a huge event, for some reason flops, it sends a message that maybe the excitement for elaborate theme parks and lands is down and my the audience isn't as big or as eager as they once and anticipated so they scale back.
If you're in a race do you slow down if your opponent slows down?

I mean there's a few flaws in this reasoning. For one we are talking about the difference between a whole new park and one additional land to a park. For two we are talking about two things on completely different sides of the country in different markets for now until SWGE opens in DHS. And for three it seems clear one of the biggest factors in SWGE not doing as well as it could right now, even ignoring the fact that they opened without one of their main attractions, is simply that Disney scared off potential visitors themselves with marketing, reservations and a bunch of decisions that implied going to SWGE near opening would be an overcrowded nightmare. We can see even with just how Universal handled Hagrid (for better or worse) that this is likely not going to be a way Universal handles UFW.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
If it did only include HTTYD, wow, are they selling short some great DWA properties.
Agreed..that will be one world at FW that is in and out and on to the next. Its too many good ones to just have one if they're really trying to make this a 2day park.

Reactions: therock
The economy will be the only thing that determines whether things get cut...Also, Universal wins if people add an extra day onto their vacations...Depending on how they market it, of course.

Universal 'gets it' when it comes to the new immersive lands philosophy, Diagon/Hogsmeade. They don't skimp on entertainment,mood, interaction, music, food/beverages and all the other little things that really 'make the lands immersive and repeatable'. And they use locations the visitors can identify with. The lands feel alive with a pulse of their own. Rides/Attractions are of course essential, and they do a great job on that end to. Thus I'm fully confident the FW will be equally immersive , fun and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.