Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys feel about an hour plus long show in the theme park?

I don't think I be opposed to it.

My slight issue is probably a little pathetic but here it goes. If a show is going to be an hour plus in a theme park, it's going to have to be a pretty great show which I love the idea of but knowing the public, there will be people moaning about the length, coming and going throughout the whole thing and I think that could ruin it slightly.

I could see something like that being in a real theater as part of the new CityWalk area (much like Blue Man Group is in the existing area). A scaled down Vegas/theme park style Broadway show (Wicked, Shrek, Seussical or one of the other Universal owned Broadway properties).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think the only way to do an hour and a half plus show would be like Blue Man is done, outside of the theme park proper, with an upcharge ticket. I don't think American theme park audiences would spend that much time in a theme park to watch a show that runs three or four times a day. It would be difficult to fill a theater for that many shows.

I could see something like that being in a real theater as part of the new CityWalk area (much like Blue Man Group is in the existing area). A scaled down Vegas/theme park style Broadway show (Wicked, Shrek, Seussical or one of the other Universal owned Broadway properties).

They only truly own currently 4 profitable shows with a 5th show they have access to thanks to Spielberg. (Wicked, Shrek, Billy Elliot, and Bring it on. They have access to bring the color purple)

Wicked can literally be seen anywhere in the US. Wouldn't be a huge draw.

Shrek same thing now they even have high schools doing it.

Billy Elliot is reliant on child actors and would be a financial burden (tutors for kids to meet union requirements) plus the story is controversial in regards to parenting.

Bring it on would be too costly as insurance is high for that show thanks to all the cheerleading stunts that lead to broken ankles arms and legs.

The color purple just isn't family friendly.

Universal is at a loss in that aspect

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
They only truly own currently 4 profitable shows with a 5th show they have access to thanks to Spielberg. (Wicked, Shrek, Billy Elliot, and Bring it on. They have access to bring the color purple)

Wicked can literally be seen anywhere in the US. Wouldn't be a huge draw.

Shrek same thing now they even have high schools doing it.

Billy Elliot is reliant on child actors and would be a financial burden (tutors for kids to meet union requirements) plus the story is controversial in regards to parenting.

Bring it on would be too costly as insurance is high for that show thanks to all the cheerleading stunts that lead to broken ankles arms and legs.

The color purple just isn't family friendly.

Universal is at a loss in that aspect

Personally curious; could we see an IP that isn't used on Broadway (yet)?

I think that is their goal actually. Put it in the theme park for free (cheaper actors as well), get reviews and feedback then take it to the big stage.

That, is what intrigues me.

As said, there is Pitch Perfect..but there are other IPs that they can use.

I know it failed once, but I am curious if they could tackle another Horror Based musicial as there is one story that would actually work the best for it (and it's something that made the company become what it came to be).

That, is what intrigues me.

As said, there is Pitch Perfect..but there are other IPs that they can use.

I know it failed once, but I am curious if they could tackle another Horror Based musicial as there is one story that would actually work the best for it (and it's something that made the company become what it came to be).

Let me check with someone...haven't heard anything about Universal monsters but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.