Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is good, the accents are dreadful to nonexistent... that, and the movie falls apart on closer examination. That, and Mel Gibson falls apart on closer examination.

It's like the opposite of Rory McCann in Game of Thrones.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'd love to see a haunted house type ride based on Addams Family. It's instantly recognisable IP plus could have some great merchandise.

I'm not sure, but I would guess the Addams Family rights belong to whom ever over sees Charles Addams estate. I know a while back Illumination Entertainment had the rights to develop it into stop motion animated film with Tim Burton involved but I think that fell through. Universal may still have the rights though as a result?

I'm not sure, but I would guess the Addams Family rights belong to whom ever over sees Charles Addams estate. I know a while back Illumination Entertainment had the rights to develop it into stop motion animated film with Tim Burton involved but I think that fell through. Universal may still have the rights though as a result?

The rights expired and Tim Burton was busy working on other projects for that other company.

Watch us end up with a freaking trolls ride...ugh. I also forgot that Dreamworks has the rights to Captain Underpants as well

This was the only post I could find relevant. Coming in 2017.

ZjlzDVz.jpg

Reactions: Mike S
I mentioned this to work today and nearly everyone under the age of 30 was so hyped and excited for this film. Hopefully it does really well. Lol I would love a Cap Underpants super crazy dark ride where we ride in toilets.
Trackless toilets, beautiful....Seriously though; this, Goosebumps, and A Series of Unfortunate Events was all I used to read

Reactions: Nico
So, I've been thinking with the announcement of the changes to the vision plan for USH they mentioned moving facilities for their networks (E! & Bravo) onto the property. I have to wonder if they have a similar thought for Orlando. While not a lot of the NBC/Universal companies are here, they do have NBC Golf Channel right over on Sand Lake and Kirkman, and Telemundo is just down the road at Sand Lake and OBT. I could see them building some kind of production facilities for TV programming as part of a CityWalk type area at the new park. I could even see them building a glass fronted studio and an area where concerts can be done for the Telemundo version of the Today Show (or even have the Today Show come and broadcast from Orlando periodically). It's exactly the kind of synergy building they want to do, it would promote the park really well, and the Latin market keeps growing and doing shows for their network from there would make a lot of sense.

Has this been decided by the courts yet?
No idea. If all sides wanted this to really happen then they could make it happen. The big problem seems to be that the Tolkien estate did not like the movies. Since a theme park area would be based upon the movies that would be a big problem. But a few years back it seemed like everything was go so the estate must have been on board at some point.

Has this been decided by the courts yet?

I've not read anything recently but if it's going to go any where, it certainly won't be Disney. I'm not in the slightest a LOTR fan but I'd love to see it in the parks. I think it's one of the last giant IPs left.

That could be a pretty cool ride. DW just inked a deal with Netflix and they're doing a new Voltron show.

That deal has been out and the show came out already like a month ago. Very very very very good show I can see it in the theme park but the issue I see arising is with pacific rim/etc, they can't do Voltron and Pacific Rim as both are fighting robots based. It would be redundant.

Reactions: snayberry
That deal has been out and the show came out already like a month ago. Very very very very good show I can see it in the theme park but the issue I see arising is with pacific rim/etc, they can't do Voltron and Pacific Rim as both are fighting robots based. It would be redundant.
If it gets us a Pacific Rim ride I can certainly live with redundant.:D

Reactions: SkiBum
Status
Not open for further replies.