Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems Spielberg has some theme park attraction projects lined up.....outside of Jurassic World, I wonder what they might be.

With his latest movie, The BFG opening July 1, Spielberg is prepping Ready Player One; the Warners thriller is scheduled to open in March 2018. Before that, he expects to finish Edgardo Mortara, set for release through Universal in November 2017. With Amblin Partners freshly financed by Jeff Skoll's Participant Media, Reliance and Entertainment One, Spielberg is in the rare position to greenlight his own midbudget adult historical drama. He has other films on the runway, and there's more — TV shows, theme park attractions, philanthropic projects, consulting on a virtual-reality venture. Spielberg remains a genius-level multitasker.
Steven Spielberg on DreamWorks' Past, Amblin's Present and His Own Future - Hollywood Reporter

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
The BFG is being released by Disney but I am wondering just how involved with Universal Parks & Resorts Spielberg is anymore now that Comcast has taken over. I think he was very onboard when they were owned by MCA but I'm not so sure anymore. I may be wrong though.

The BFG is being released by Disney but I am wondering just how involved with Universal Parks & Resorts Spielberg is anymore now that Comcast has taken over. I think he was very onboard when they were owned by MCA but I'm not so sure anymore. I may be wrong though.

He still collects 2 percent of all ticket revenue at the Universal theme parks as well as a portion of park concession receipts. All that butterbeer revenue going into his pocket.

The above article delves into that pretty well....Heck, he should hope for continued Universal success since he gets 2% of paid admissions. With the huge attendance increases, he's making more than ever. :)

Reactions: Mike S
The interesting thing for future parks is this part. The article hinted at Universal reviving old Amblin properties and with Spielberg and Universal already having a close working relationship and the fact theme parks were mentioned in this interview and some films being revived that Spielberg owns such as The Goonies, Gremlins, etc...I betting there already are things in motion to bring these back for the third park.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.